Weaving bracelets from gum is gaining momentum - today not only children wear these bright baubles, but also teenagers and young people. In addition to the fact that such an accessory is an excellent means of self-expression, the process of its creation is extremely fascinating and does not take much time if you choose a simple scheme. In addition, there are many ways to weave such a bauble: from using a complete set, which is quite expensive, to experiments with the materials at hand.
Patterns of weaving bracelets from gum on the machine with a description
Color schemes with various variants of baubles are usually applied to a large set of machine tools and a pile of rubber bands. After mastering the proposed options, it is easy to deal with the algorithm for creating such a scheme and ... start assembling the methods of pulling and stringing rubber bands yourself. In addition to the step-by-step instructions for a specific bracelet model, you can find on the diagrams and options for working with the machine and, subsequently, experiment with it. And beginners should try their hand at the usual bracelet-chain.
- The machine is installed so that it has 3 long rows, the holes at each "pin" looked from you, in the direction indicated by the arrow. You can start from any direction, but remember that you will need to move in steps identically, and if you go to the right first, then every odd step will also be to the right.
- The first rezinochka is put on the middle pin closest to you, reaches to the next extreme to the right or left - as more convenient. This will not affect the appearance of the bracelet.
- On the pin, which got the 2nd edge of the 1st gum, you need to put on a new gum, bringing it back to the central row, but on the next protrusion of the machine.
- Continuing to move with such a zigzag, you need to reach the very end, without changing directions. As soon as the "finish" is reached, the machine should be turned upside down with an arrow to itself.
- For further action you will need a hook that comes with the machine. If it was not, you can use any crochet, but not metal - bone or plastic.
- Pry the 2nd gum from you (the one that is on the nearest middle pin), remove its half and transfer it to the side ledge, the 2nd one from you. Those. also start zigzagging forward.
- Following it is necessary to pull half the side rubber band and transfer it to the central pin. By analogy, the others are "closed", again, until you reach the very end of the machine, stopping at the last rubber band, which has nowhere to transfer.
- Its edge is required to fold in half and gently pull up, so one after the other, removing all the "links" from the machine. A rubber chain will gradually be formed, the ends of which will simply be combined with a clasp, and the bracelet is ready for use.
As soon as you cope with this simplest scheme, having mastered the basic method of creating "links" and fixing the product, you can try more interesting options, where you have to carefully follow the projections on which the elastic bands are put on. For example, "square fishtail": uncomplicated, but requiring attention, bracelet.
- The main working area of the machine will be the 4 nearest protrusions forming a square. It is important that the holes look at them in pairs in different directions.
- The 1st gum is required to simply put on the protrusions, connecting them and creating the lower primary square.
- Then you should hook the gum in the center, gently pull it without removing it, and wrap it with a stretch over the ledge. The same is repeated around each protrusion, while the grips from the inside should also be wrapped inside.
- Put on the pins 2 more rubber bands, placing them one above the other, the same squares. Between them (in height) it’s worth leaving 1-2 mm of free space - not to dazzle too much: this will simplify the work.
- The lower gum, which was deformed at the initial stages, needs to be picked up from any of the corners, lifted upwards and thrown over the ledge so that it fixes the upper "link". Repeat the same for the other corners: this way the whole rubber band will be assembled closer to the center, tightly holding the new "layers".
- Gently press with your fingers or a hook on the elastic bands to slightly lower them down, and put a new elastic band on 4 pins.
- Hook a corner of the bottom of the current, throw it on the pin on top. Repeat this action for the rest of the same gum, and put on a new machine. Continue to duplicate the algorithm of fixing the links and adding the next “layer” until the length of the emerging bracelet suits you.
- The last links are closed without the addition of rubber bands, the extreme ones are connected through a fastener.
Finger tips and videos
Buy a special machine is not always possible, so you have to look for alternatives. Of all of them, you will never fail your own hand: this is not entirely convenient for a beginner, since only 1 remains working, while the 2nd serves as a kind of “support” for materials, but you can do the braiding at any time. There would be rezinochki, a fastener for them and some free time. Most of the schemes proposed for the machine, it is easy to embody and on the fingers: for example, the bracelet "reverse fishtail" or "reverse fish tail."
- The index and middle fingers of a free hand should be spread apart to form the letter "V". Twist the rubber band so that a cross forms in the middle, and put it on both fingers at once.
- In exactly the same way, put on 2 more elastic bands, each one of them interlacing in the middle single, leaving a small distance (height).
- Now that gum, which was the second in a row, you need to move down: to do this, each of its edges is lowered on the 1st gum, and the crossed center remains to lie on the "cross" of the lower gum.
- The bottom one, which turned out to be medium, becomes working: its edges should be carefully removed from the fingers upwards, without disturbing the upper gum, and lowered onto the crossed centers of the 1st and 3rd, thereby connecting them. Get all 2 rubber bands on the fingers and the link that holds them.
- Remaining gum on the fingers need to move down, put on a new one, but do not cross it.
- The gum that is currently the lowest, you need to remove from the fingers on the sides, lower its edges to the center of all worn, creating from it a new link.
- The next elastic is put on the fingers, again with a cross in the middle, and the steps are repeated to create a link from the lowest, and after - the appearance of the next “layer”.
- According to this algorithm, the bracelet is woven until it reaches the planned length. As soon as this happens, new gum stops being added, the remaining ones must be alternately converted to the category of "links".
- The last "link" is shifted to any of the fingers, so that both edges of this rubber band are put on it. The prepared in advance clasp in the form of the letters "S" or "C" should pick up this end, fix it, and then connect it to the 1st rubber band.
Bracelet "reverse fish tail" is ready. It is included in the category of the easiest to bauble on the fingers of baubles, so it is easily mastered even by those who have absolutely no experience in this.
Simple weaving bracelets on a fork
In the case when there is no machine, and you do not want to hold your hand, since it is difficult to work with it, you can use a regular 4 prong fork. It is also easy to perform and simple bracelets, chains, and wide openwork options. For example, the bracelet "dragon scales" can be built in half an hour.
- Slip the 1st gum over the middle pair of teeth so twisting it twice and folding it in half.
- In the same way, with new rubber bands, connect the side pairs of teeth, forming the 2nd row of rubber bands.
- Pick up the lower gum (on the 1st tooth) with a toothpick or simply with a fingernail, pull it up and throw it over the tooth, so that it “grabs” the top row. Repeat the same for its neighboring part.
- Put on the new twisted gum on the middle teeth, pick up the bottom one again and transfer one by one through each of the teeth of the fork. What is left behind her, forming a cloth bracelet, pull off, straightening.
- Re-pair the side teeth in pairs with the middle ones with the same twisted elastic bands. Hook each part at the bottom one by one in order to transfer the forks through the teeth, straighten the stretched fabric with your fingers at each step.
- Continue to alternate the addition on the middle pair and on the side, as well as nakida to create "links", until the bracelet reaches the desired length.
- The last steps are performed without adding rubber bands: pull the halves off the side teeth, transferring them to the adjacent middle ones alternately.
- Pry off the lower parts, throwing them on top, thereby creating a "lock". On the teeth, in the end, it should remain on the double part of each half. They need to be removed at the same time, capturing the clasp and connecting with the outer edge of the bracelet (1st rubber band).
It is worth saying that weaving bracelets of rubber bands with the help of forks is possible by connecting 2 cutlery, but this is more suitable for complex schemes. In addition, it is necessary to ensure that the plug does not slip, breaking the pattern.
The process of creating baubles from gum, regardless of how it is carried out, is not only fun, but also useful. You can offer it even to children of preschool age, since all objects are safe, and the process perfectly develops fine motor skills of the baby. In addition, the game with colored rubber bands allows you to turn on the creative hemisphere.