Weaving baskets from newspaper tubes is a very exciting and useful activity that has gained immense popularity in recent times. For weaving from newspaper tubes, you can use various schemes and techniques. The most common method of weaving baskets from newspaper tubes is similar to weaving baskets from rods. For baskets fit old newspapers, which in every house is full. So, we proceed to weaving ...
Weaving a basket from newspaper tubes with your own hands
- Old newspapers;
- Knitting needles;
- PVA glue;
- Acrylic paint palette;
- White acrylic water-based paint;
- Three-layer napkins;
- Dummy knife
Instructions for weaving baskets from newspaper tubes
- The process of twisting tubes. Cut the newspaper into strips 10 cm wide. Take a needle and attach it to the lower left corner of the cut strip at an angle of 45 degrees. Twist the straw. If you twist the tubing correctly, one end will be wider than the other. Fix the edge of the tube with glue. For the basket you need to weave 170 tubing 50 cm long.
- Basket weaving. So, the tubes you have wound a sufficient number of tubes, now you can go to create a basket. Choose somewhere 16 tubes of the same length and thickness. Bind on 4 pieces. Take the straw and fold it in half, braid the base. Twist the first two rows of 2 tubes. Braid the third 2 rows one by one. You should have a blank in the form of the sun. Continue to weave the basket until you reach the required base diameter. Now, lift the tubules up and weave the walls of the basket. If necessary, lengthen the tubules. When the walls reach the required height, close the edges: gradually bend the tubes inward. Take a few knitting needles from the inside by pushing the wand through the tubes. In this way, close the entire top of the basket.
- Primer and Seal. Dissolve acrylic paint and PVA (1: 1) and cover the basket in several layers (pre-drying each layer). To speed drying, use a hairdryer. This will compact the product and hide the newspaper ink.
- Painting. Think of a drawing for a basket, after drawing motifs on a napkin. Ornament and drawing can be any - this stage of creating a basket can be limited only by your imagination. Cut the drawing out of the napkin, dissolve the glue with water (1: 3) and carefully paste the drawing to the basket. You can not stick the pictures cut from the napkin, and draw something on the basket itself.
When you finish painting the basket, let it dry. Then, cover the product with a water-based acrylic varnish in several layers (the layers must be pre-dried). After the work done, put the finished basket in a dry place for a day. When the basket is completely dry, it can be used to decorate the house. Using the technique of weaving from thickening tubes, you can weave not only a basket, but also many other decorative items.
In the basket of newspaper tubes you can store jewelry, sewing threads, buttons, accessories, and other trifles.