In Soviet times, weaving from droppers was a very popular activity. At that time there were no televisions or other entertainment in the hospitals. Patients needed to somehow organize their leisure time, so this kind of art of weaving from droppers was born.
Now many have already forgotten about it. The reason for this is not only the development of technology, but also the fact that the used medical kits are cut and quickly utilized. However, those who still remember the basics of this art, willingly share their knowledge.
Weave from the dropper. What can weave?
The technology of weaving from a dropper is based on fairly simple weaves and knots taken from macrame. However, these simple tricks allow you to create whole compositions. Devils, pens, medallions, pendants, bracelets, various animals - not a complete list of what can be made from this unusual material. Patients staying in the hospital for a long time, made compositions from all available droppers. It was like a big installation. Those who are just interested to try what weaving from a dropper, should master the schemes and make the most popular figures - fish or devils.
Dropper weave: instruction
- Droplets from dropper
- Wheel from the dropper clamp
- To start weaving fish from a dropper, you need to cut the tubes into 2 parts along. For making a calf, take 2 tubes, 40 cm long. Turn one segment, it should be a flat strip. However, its edges will be wrapped all the time, you will have to unwind them.
- Wrap the pipes with the strip 2 or 3 times so that they are connected by it. After that, the tubules need to be wound with a strip of eight. This means that you first wrap a strip around one tube, and then around the second.
- After braiding a few eights, make the nose of a fish. To do this, cross two tubes, and send their free ends down along the body. These ends need to be attached to the craft and continue the same weaving, but at the same time grab not only the base tubes (which were woven before), but also the ends near them.
- Those tips of the tubes that were left below after you tied the tubes together will be the tail, and from the lateral ends will form the upper and lower fins.
- The next step is to remove the wheel, which is used to adjust the frequency of droplets. After you get it, cut it in half along with another tube. You will need one strip again. From it it is necessary to make an eye for the fish. To achieve this goal, simply wrap the wheel with a strip cut from the tube on the side face. At the same time, note that the cuts should not be bent to the center of the wheel, but outside of it.
- The size of the eye shape themselves. Now you have to insert it in the body of the fish. When braiding the craft, leave a place near the tip of the nose, that’s where you place your eyes. The ball of the left space must match the size of the part. In this case, the eye should go in there with little effort so that it is well fixed. The strip with which you twisted the fish should end in the middle of the eight, so that the design does not unravel.
- The tubules that make up the tail and fin, you must cut into thin strips along. So the tail and fins will look more lush and beautiful. Now the fish is ready. You can curl the tail and fins by swiping a scissors blade along each strip. This will give the fish some fabulousness. By the way, the length of the tail can be adjusted in advance - just leave longer ends when tying.
You can paint your crafts with iodine, brilliant green or potassium permanganate. If you don’t want to paint it, you can purchase more modern drip kits that have colored tubes. Then you can give your fish any desired color. If you make a few fish of different colors, you can get a whole aquarium. Such crafts can be used to decorate a room by hanging them, for example, on a ceiling or curtain rail.
Weaving fish from droppers is a short process, but very entertaining. Attract your children to this work. Surely they will be interested, especially if in the process you will use colored tubes. Fish - one of the easiest crafts. Connect a little imagination, and you can create interesting things from this amazing, but unfortunately forgotten material.