Beadwork is considered to be one of the most popular and affordable types of needlework. From small glass beads, you can create a variety of decorative items, including the famous beaded cord. A master class of some techniques of weaving a cord will be useful both for beginners and those who already have an idea about working with beads.
What is a beaded harness?
Beaded harnesses are a kind of hollow laces, which are knitted with an openwork or dense pattern. To weave them is quite simple, therefore such things are the best beginning of practice for those who are just mastering the technique of weaving from tiny beads. After all, all that is needed for a beaded harness is a scheme, a master class and a little perseverance.
Beaded laces can be of different shapes, colors and used as:
- key rings, etc.
These products are quite plastic, but at the same time durable and practical. And most importantly, different combinations of beads allow you to make original and individual accessories.
Types of beaded harnesses
There are several types of beaded harnesses, a step-by-step master class which is distinguished by the technique of execution:
- wicker (with a needle);
- crocheted (crocheted).
As for the weaving pattern, it can be
Tools for weaving and knitting harnesses
In addition to owning the weaving technique, the tools used for weaving are equally important:
- medium sized scissors;
- various beads (from small beads to glass beads);
- thin and medium thickness fishing line;
- a set of beading needles;
- crochet hooks (from No. 0.5 to No. 1.6)
- accessories (fasteners, rivets, fasteners, etc.).
In the process of work, you need to carefully monitor how correctly the tension of the beads goes and to braid each successive element equally tightly.
American Beaded Plait: Master Class
American braid is called a weaving pattern, in which several large beads alternate with small ones.
We will need:
- thin needle;
- line for beads of medium thickness;
- beads of two types - large and small;
Instructions for making:
- Getting started, the first thing we put on 1 large bead - it will play the role of a stopper. We tie a thread on it.
- We thread through 3 large beads.
- Stringing 10 small beads.
- We bring the beads into a circle and start a needle into the first large bead.
- We derive the thread through all the large beads.
- We put on 1 large and 10 small ones, we start again in a circle, threading them into the second and subsequent large ones.
- We put on a large and 10 small ones, we make a circle through large ones, starting from the third.
- We repeat the weaving, each time bringing the circle of small ones into large ones, starting with the next one.
- Bringing the weaving to the desired length, we pass a fastener instead of a large bead, fasten the fishing line.
- The second end of the thread is also fastened to the clasp.
- So that the fishing line does not become tangled and the product looks neat, the remaining tails are salted with a lighter.
Weaving beads in Turkish style
Products made of beads with patterns in Turkish style look rich. However, for this harness we can not do without a crochet hook. To tie a lace with an oriental pattern, we need:
- beads 2 (or more) flowers;
- Crochet hook;
- threads in tone of beads;
Instructions for making:
- Cut the thread 3 times longer than the desired length of the product.
- We string 3 beads of one color and 3 of another on a thread.
- We make 4 such alternations (no longer necessary, so as not to get confused).
- From one end of the thread we knit a pair of air loops.
- Next, move the first three beads and knit a loop, capturing the beads.
- Move the next three, and also knit a loop. This is the first tier.
- Enter the hook into the loop of the first three and, pulling the new three, knit.
- Do the same with the second eyelet. So we knotted the second tier.
- String the beads again and repeat steps 5-8.
- Having tied a bundle of the desired length, we dissolve the first tier so that the knitting is neat and the same on the thread tension.
- Fasten the clasp. To do this, hold the hook through the loop with a clasp and tighten it.
- Repeat the same with the opposite end.
Secrets of weaving Turkish harness
The master class of weaving a beaded cord will be incomplete without some nuances of performing Turkish-style lace:
- Threads should be chosen to match the beads;
- the hook is passed in front of and above the bead, but the thread goes in front of and above the product;
- better to take a thinner hook;
- It is necessary to knit a harness tightly - then the beads will lie exactly on top of each other.
Beadwork is considered one of the most relaxing types of needlework. If you want to escape from the fussiness of everyday life and make a harness from beads, a master class and a little patience - all that is required of you. A fashionable cute accessory made with your own hands, will be a reward for your diligence.