Buying a kitten is a happy acquisition for the whole family. But along with the joy on the shoulders of the owners falls the care and responsibility of a fluffy friend. You need to know not only what to feed the animal, but also what vitamins for kittens to enter into the diet. After all, the first year of life is associated with active growth, weight gain.
Vitamins for kittens are natural and synthetic. Natural cost more expensive, but still worth buying them, because they are made from natural raw materials. Preparations will help to compensate for the lack of vitamins and trace elements in the kitten's body. Usually, the products include dairy products, fats, yeast, meat, colostrum, vitamins and trace elements. Tablets may vary in color. In pink, add fruit to green vegetables or seaweed.
Vitamins for a kitten: how to choose?
Gimpet and Canina. These are firms that produce natural vitamins for animals. The combination of useful substances includes the main complex, colostrum for the development of the musculoskeletal system, taurine for vision, L-carnitine for growth and elimination of developmental problems. The preparations of these companies are divided into categories.
British kittens fit Canina CatMineral, enriched with calcium. After all, the bones of this breed of cats are larger, which means more calcium is needed for their proper formation. Also, the optimal combination of trace elements will help strengthen the tooth enamel.
Fold Scottish kittens calcium is required less, an excess of trace elements can strengthen the ear cartilage and change the shape of the ears, they will become like in ordinary cats. Therefore, the choice of vitamins for this breed must be approached carefully.
Vitamins for kittens are produced not only in the form of tablets, but also in the form of a paste. For example, "Junior Plus". It has twice more nutrients than in preparations for adult cats. In addition to the basic elements of the composition is the transsaccharide (TGOS), which normalizes the pet's digestion. Pasta is suitable not only for kittens, but for feeding cats. For convenience, it can be mixed with food, like pills.
How to take vitamins for kittens?
- It is difficult not only to choose, but also to give the kitten vitamins. Even adult cats do not want to take pills, and getting a kitten to do it is extremely difficult. You can grind vitamins into powder and mix with your favorite pet food. So the problem will be solved.
- Some kitten feeds (Hill’s, Innona, Yams, Akana) are already enriched with vitamins, so you do not need to add additional medications to your diet. But until six months it is recommended to feed the baby only natural food, ready-made feed can be introduced into the diet from 6 months. With a balanced natural nutrition, the dosage of drugs can be reduced so that there is no excess of nutrients in the body.
What foods contain vitamins for cats?
It must be remembered that veterinary drugs do not replace a balanced diet. Natural vitamins should be ingested by the kitten from food.
- Vitamin A (retinol) is important for vision. After all, cats must see not only during the day, but also in the dark. Contained in dairy products, yolk, offal (liver, brain), fish oil.
- Vitamins of group B - vitamins for cats fur. They are also needed for appetite, proper weight gain, development of the nervous system, promote recovery after childbirth. Deficiency can lead to hair loss. To restore the balance of vitamins will help bran, sprouts, oatmeal, flour, vegetables, nuts.
- Vitamin B2 - for the normalization of metabolism, against dermatitis, from paralysis. To replenish you need to enter into the diet liver, milk, cereals, tomatoes, spinach.
- Bran, cereals, eggs, offal contains the necessary kittens B6. This vitamin is responsible for the composition of the blood, the sensitivity of the limbs, its deficiency leads to anemia and seizures.
- Lack of vitamin B12 is manifested in the case if the kitten is sluggish, he has constipation, thirst. This suggests a reduced hemoglobin. It is necessary to introduce in the diet of animal offal, kidney and liver.
- D - contributes to the formation of the skeleton. It is involved in the process of assimilation of calcium and fluoride by the body. Its deficiency can cause rickets and the deposition of calcium salts in the body of a kitten. Contained in the liver, fish oil, yolk.
- Vitamin E is responsible for the formation of the reproductive system. You need to give the kitten a yolk, vegetable oil, yeast, offal.
- Vitamin C will strengthen the kitten's gums, reduce the risk of hemorrhage, vascular swelling, and support immunity. To compensate for a lack of vitamin C, give your baby vegetables, raw meat, bran, rosehips.
Vitamins for cats: reviews
- Tatyana: I believe that proper nutrition is much more important for healthy growth of a kitten than vitamins. I tried to give pills, I did not eat, so I try not to be lazy, but to buy useful products for my cat.
- Ira: My kitten was feeling unwell. It turned out that the reason is that the husband fed him canned fish. It is very harmful for cats. Now you need to improve its nutrition, enter vitamins.
- Svetlana: I give my kitten Hartz Every day Chewable. I think it suits him. I also read about the French vitamins SEVA, but have not tried this remedy yet.
- Polina: I breed in Biorhythm for Kittens milk. I divide the tablet into 2 parts, one in the morning, the 2nd in the evening. Still well my kitty eats them with cream. In general, the tastier the better.
See also:How to care for a British kitten?
It is important to choose a balanced diet for the kitten. As your pet grows, you will need to translate it into vitamins for adult cats. Before you start taking medications you should consult with a veterinarian who will help you choose the right means and prescribe the dosage in accordance with the breed, age and weight of the kitten.