Viskaria is a plant that experts refer to the family of cloves. In the directory of gardeners, it may have other names, such as tar, lychnis, adonis and dawn. It is worth noting that the people of Viskariya received the name "girlish soap" because when the moisture gets on the flowers, they immediately lather. In the old days the plant was used for washing and washing hands.
This culture has become the universal favorite in many countries, there are about 400 species of whiskey around the world, each of which is distinguished by its uniqueness and originality. This includes both annual and perennial flowers.
Viskaria: growing from seed. A photo plants
Gardeners grow seeds of an unpretentious and frost-resistant plant in several ways: in autumn, in early spring in greenhouses, and also in open spring in late spring.
As for the place for planting, you should not worry too much about having enough fertilizer in it, because the flower grows well in any conditions. It is recommended to give preference to those areas that are well lit, but if there is no such possibility, it’s not scary, the viscaria will feel good in the shade.
Before planting seeds in open ground, they must be placed for several hours in a weak solution of potassium permanganate. The optimal time for disembarking is the end of April or the beginning of May, since during this period the soil will have time to fully warm up. If lithnis overtakes the spring frosts, you should not worry, because the plant is notable for its frost resistance.
Seeds should be planted so that the distance between the flowers is about 30 cm, because the plant does not like cramping.
If you wish, you can start planting seeds for seedlings. This action must be performed at the end of March or early April. In advance it is necessary to get flower pots. If there is a greenhouse, you can plant seeds on the seedlings in it. Then the first shoots will appear much earlier. You need to constantly ensure that the temperature does not fall below 18 degrees.
When there are 2 young leaves on the sprouts, the seedlings need to pick out in different pots, for this it is better to use peat pots. In late May, you can plant seedlings in open ground.
Features of planting and care of different types of viscaria
It was said above that the whiskey has many species, each of them requires special attention. The following describes how to plant and care for the most common plant species.
- Viskaria "Holliday". Planting and caring for this type of plant is not a hard task. The flower itself is very beautiful and is a motley bush about 25 cm high. It will be an excellent decoration of flower beds, borders and living fences. In open ground, seeds should be planted according to the scheme 10 * 10. When will be 4 weeks after disembarkation, you can see the first flowers. The plant is quite unpretentious, the main thing - do not forget to make watering, clean around the weeds.
- Lychnis is a tall and long-standing view of the viscaria. The fact is that its stems grow to 1 m in length. As for planting and caring for this type of plant, there is no particular difficulty in it; it, like all flowers, loves moderate watering and light. It is worth noting that litnis easily endures frosty winters, it does not need to be sheltered or warmed in any way. If the plant to feed, the flowers will be more vivid and lush.
- Viskaria "Blue Angel" - a very beautiful plant, on the summer cottages lined with a real blue carpet of flowers that have a diameter of 3-5 cm. This type of viscaria begins to bloom a little later, approximately 6-8 weeks after planting from seeds. As practice shows, if after the end of flowering to remove dried flowers, the plant may bloom again.
Useful tips for gardeners:
As mentioned above, the whiskey is an unpretentious plant, but there are still subtle care.
- Those flower growers who want the viskariya to grow and blossom for 5 years should carefully prepare the ground for planting. It should not be acidic and well drained.
- Before planting flowers in open ground, the soil should be enriched with any organic fertilizer.
- The plant tolerates overmoistening, so you need to water the viskarya regularly, but remember the measure in everything. Summer with heavy rains can cause fungal diseases on the flowers. The rest of the viscaria rarely gives in to diseases. Sometimes she can be hit by aphid or leaflet. But do not panic, as the chemicals purchased in time will help get rid of them.
As you can see, a unique plant from a cloud of small flowers can become an ornament to any summer cottage, flower bed, border, or alpine slide. Yes, and care for the viskariy does not take a lot of time and effort. That is why she is so loved by many gardeners.