Before you buy aquarium fish you need to study information about their conditions in the aquarium, the types and their features, diseases that may arise. It is also important to know about the compatibility of different types of fish.
Aquarium fish: photo with the names, classification, species
There are many types of fish that can be kept in aquarium conditions. It is convenient to classify them by families.
- Red-flipper distihod
- Kerry inpaiht
- Blue congo
- Arnoldicht - Yellow Congo
- Tetra royal, reddish, citric, diamond, coin, glass
- Simple neon
- Nanostomus Margenatus
- Red nanostomus
- Red, green, black neon
- Red, black, ordinary ornatus
- Tetra "Fon-Rio" and "Genopterus"
- Black tetra "Ternetia"
- Tetra copper "Hasemania".
- Barbusses: fiery, cherry, five-strip, green, four-line, Sumatran "Mutant" and ordinary, black, scarlet, "Clown", "Filamentoza", "Arulius", Denison, shark
- rut or water eyes
- Dinio-rerio and Malabar
- Labeo green and two-color
- Wedge Rasbor
- Comet "Sharash Comet"
- Goldfish: Ranch, Vakin, Ryukin
- Telescopes: "Demekin", black, "Butterfly"
- Little Red Riding Hood or "Oranda"
- Heaven's Eye or Stargazer
- Pearl "Shenshurin"
- Pearl gourami
- Marble beats and "Clown"
- Seaweed is Siamese.
- Ancistrus star and ordinary
- Siamese killer whale
- Baggy-haired catfish, motley, "Clarias"
- Striped platidoras
- Gray synodontis
- Somics: speckled, golden, glass
- Agamixis white-spotted
- Panamanian sturisom.
- Afiozemion striped and gerdner
- Natobranhi: "Gunther", "Rakhova", "Foershi"
- Vinoi's pinolemia
- Blue pheasant
- Disk platilla
- Sailing Snowflake.
- Limia speckled
- Mollienesia "Sfenops", "Latipina", "Velifera".
- "Sun Ray"
- "Rainbow fish"
- Three-band iris
- Blue Spotted Akara
- Apistogram "Altispinoza", "Ramirez", "Kakadu"
- Red cahlid
- Nanocara anomaly
- Group: glass, blue, sunny
- Thomas Palmatochrome
- Cichlid "Parrot", "Blue Dolphin"
- Princess burundi
- A hurray
- Tsikhlozymy: diamond, black-striped, "Meek", "Mezonuat", "Severum"
- Yulidohromis Ornatus
- Gourami: lunar, brown, honey, spotted, kissing
- Akara turquoise
- Red fish "Parrot".
- Aquarium crayfish
- Aquarium shrimp.
Aquarium Fish Compatibility: Rules
It is very important to know which fish get along with each other and which do not. In addition, together you need to keep the species with the same requirements for habitat conditions. Small and large types also should not be planted together, otherwise after a while it can lead to the complete extermination of small fish. Predators should live separately from the more peaceful breeds and other inhabitants of the aquarium. The fact is that the aggression of predatory fish can even spread to snails and crayfish. Moving and inactive pets together is also not recommended. There are 12 main types of compatibility of fish species for the aquarium.
1 group - quiet types of fish:
- Ordinary Neons
- Different types of guppies
- Fire tetras or erythrositis
- Rasbory heteromorphs
- Glass shrimps.
- Well get along with a group of 2 - small calm species.
2 group - peaceful fish of medium size:
- Neon Crescent and Black
- Copper tetras
Such fish feel comfortable in groups. Therefore, it is recommended to acquire several individuals of each breed.
Group 3 - active, peaceful fish:
- Different types of barbs
- Gourami marble, golden, blue
- Baloo sharks
Fish from this group are of medium size. For adults, an aquarium of at least 100 liters in volume is required. Species from this group get along well with each other. If desired, they can be kept in 1 aquarium with some representatives from the previous 2 groups.
Group 4 - Dwarf cichlids. Such fish are quite peaceful and get along well with many others. other rocks, for example, apistogramma. But it is not recommended to lodge them together with small and calm fish.
Group 5 - large cichlids. These fish are very aggressive. It’s better to keep them separate.
6 group - Astronotus. These are predatory fish, they need a large aquarium - the minimum volume for adults is 300 l. Such fishes are combined with large pacus and medium-sized or large-sized placostomus.
Group 7 - schooling aggressive types of fish. Representatives of this group prefer to stay in flocks of about 15 individuals. So they are protected from attacks of large and large fish. An aquarium is needed for them large - not less than 300 liters, it will have to install as many shelters as possible. Representatives of the group:
- Cichlids Mbuna
Group 8 - active and rather aggressive breeds of fish:
- Malawian cichlids "Utaka"
- Dr. views from lake malawi.
Fish from this group live in the water column, they are in constant motion. Acquire a large aquarium immediately, at least 300 liters, the desired length is 120 cm. Sino-dynes catfish will get along well with alunoacars, you can also share haplochromis with them. But it is not worthwhile to settle these species with Mbun cichlids, they will conflict.
Group 9 - iris, lyalius and scalar of various types. Such fish perfectly coexist and form a very beautiful combination. The aquarium will need a volume of about 150 liters, the height for adult representatives is no less than 50 cm. You can hook up the Sino-Donti catfish to such fish.
Group 10 - Piranhas. Very aggressive species, in no case can not be settled with others. Do piranhas the school hierarchy. You can keep a few fish and even a couple. If you want to keep a flock (about 20 individuals) you will need a very large aquarium - about 700 liters. It will be very important to take feeding if it is not enough food, the strong individuals can eat the weak.
Group 11 - "Golden Fish":
You can hold them first in a small container, but they quickly grow up, and you have to transplant them into a large aquarium. On average, the first fish will need 40 liters of water. It is best to keep gold fish away from the rest. With the next group, they are completely incompatible.
Group 12 - "Comets" and Koi carps. It is advisable not to settle with goldfish and keep separate.
Diseases of aquarium fish: groups and description
There are 2 large groups of fish diseases - caused by pathogens and environmental factors (incorrect content). Pathogens: viruses, bacteria and fungi, all kinds of parasites. There are a lot of infectious diseases and it is quite difficult to diagnose them in fish. To gain experience in this matter and in time to protect their pets from death, acquire the appropriate literature.
Diseases of non-infectious nature are divided into:
- Chemical origin: poisoning with chlorine, metals, ammonia, nitrates and nitrites, hydrogen sulfide.
- Physical origin: lack of oxygen, anemia, acidosis, gas embolism, overheating or overcooling, tumors, alkalosis, injuries, asphyxiation, shock, etc.
- Food related: obesity, constipation, cysts of the genital glands.
- Step-by-step instructions for launching an aquarium at home
- What do you need for a home aquarium?
- How to care for aquarium fish?
- Guppy aquarium fish: maintenance and care
Aquarium fish are wonderful pets that will bring you joy and a lot of positive emotions. When acquiring fish, it is very important to consider their compatibility and to know about the conditions of their maintenance. Violation of the rules of care and feeding can lead to death or serious diseases.