In the world there are a huge number of knitting methods, each of which differs in its method of execution, the hooks and patterns used.
Already since ancient times, an unusual method known as Tunisian knitting, in it the patterns are knitted long crochet. It has a clear pattern, does not deform and does not stretch after washing.
If you want to learn something new, to diversify the wardrobe of knitted things, then try to master a new knitting method - Tunisian.
- When the set of loops is completed, the product knits in the opposite direction, the work itself does not turn over. To do this, the working thread is thrown over the hook and pulled through the outer loop located on the hook. Then the thread is again captured and pulled through 2 loops. Thus, it continues to run until the end of the row, until there is one loop on the hook.
- Unique binding will be obtained if you use two threads or more. In this case, a set of loops is made with a thread of one color, but the descent is already of the second. But due to the fact that Tunisian mating is one-sided, the thread at the end of the rows must be cut.
- Tunisian knitting perfectly recommended itself for multicolor knitting, where the decoration is represented by patterns that differ in floral and geometric patterns.
- For those who prefer to knit a multi-color jacquard knit, it is very important that the product is neat. Therefore, you should pay attention to the Tunisian method, which will help create a very spectacular canvas and save time and effort. To do this, you will need a Tunisian hook, which is equipped with a special stop, threads of 2 colors and a paper pattern.
- Each row must be made in 2 stages. First, a chain of loops is knitted, after each link is knitted in a vertical loop. Next, a horizontal chain of loops is made, for which the working thread is pulled through the first open loop in the row, and then after 2. Thus, it continues until all the loops are closed.
- A row for Tunisian knitting should consist of elongated and horizontal chains of loops. Before you begin to knit ornament, be sure to check with the scheme created on paper. Each cell is usually 1 elongated vertical loop, each row of the pattern symbolizes 1 row for Tunisian knitting. When knitting a horizontal row, repeat the pattern of vertical loops.
- A non-working thread should be stretched along the seamy side, and in order to lay it neatly, cross the free yarn with the working one, doing the same as when working with ordinary knitting needles.
- Sometimes when knitting there is a need to carry out the addition of the columns, Tunisian knitting here is no exception. To make the 1st row, from the required number of links, create an air chain. Type loops from right to left on the rod, and enter the hook into each loop of the air spit, pulling the working thread.
- Closed loops on the front of the product close with a hook. Throw a thread on the rod and drag through the first loop of the row. Then again grab the working thread and drag it through a pair of loops now. Repeat this sequence until there is a lead loop on the hook.
- Look at the finished Tunisian canvas. Each row of the product should be made of 2 layers of loops: horizontal and vertical. Pull open loops from each vertical bow and close the next row as you did before.
- After that, try to introduce new loops. On the right side of the job, make an extra column. Do not knit the first loop. Pull out of the vertical loop, located on the bottom row, an additional filament.
- If it is necessary to add a loop to the knitting center, enter the Tunisian hook into the middle of the horizontal loop located at the bottom, at the same time grabbing the working thread and pulling out the new shackle. Similarly, add to the left side at the end of the work. Next, add the loops in the next rows knit in the usual manner.
Tunisian knitting differs from ordinary knitting in that it uses a long hook, at the end of which there is a special stop that prevents the gathered loops from falling. Knit product with this method in width and only on the front side.
The advantages of this type of knitting are neatness of the product and beautifully made geometric patterns and patterns. If you want to knit something unusual, try Tunisian knitting.
The article used materials: