I want to please my baby every day. But what to do when there is not enough money to constantly buy new toys? There is a solution - to make toys from scrap materials with your own hands. It is always easy, convenient and affordable for every mother.
DIY educational toys from scrap materials: make a cube
- thread and needle;
- tracing paper;
- marker or marker;
- various fasteners (buttons, zippers, carbine, ribbon, lacing, velcro);
- fabric for the base (gabardine, felt, non-woven).
- To begin with, it is necessary to think out and imagine how the cube will look like, decide on the size and background. To do this, you can use a ready-made pattern or come up with your own theme.
- With the help of the finished pattern, we transfer the drawings to the tracing paper and cut out the details. We attach them to the prepared fabric basics.
- Cut a base out of the fabric under the faces of the cube (each side separately), with the calculation of plus 2 cm for stitching and small details. It is best to do it immediately for all faces - in this case, you will not have to re-get the necessary materials each time.
Edge with buttons:
- Cut off all unnecessary material from a piece of green fabric and form a bush. We draw it in small stitches to the base for the edge of the cube.
- The location of parts on the bush mark with a marker.
- Sew the shrub to the base with small zigzag stitches.
- Now for the birds. For their formation, we need two main parts.
- To the main part of the body we sew a wing and an eye (it can also be simply drawn with a felt-tip pen). We sew the central halves in a circle, without forgetting to insert the beak. Similar actions are done with a flower.
- From the back side of the birds we make a cut to the size of the buttons.
- Sew on the main part of the cube buttons, leaves and a sprig.
- We put on ready-made birds and a flower on the buttons. One side of the cube is ready.
- Cut the base for the seabed. Here you can show a little creative with several colors or leave the background of one shade.
- Cut Velcro slightly smaller than the size of each fish. This is necessary so that Velcro does not go beyond the edge and everything looks harmonious.
- We sew the second part of the velcro to the bottom base and sew both halves of the fish together.
- Next, for this face, we need additional doors. Make them very easy. It is necessary to cut the fabric to the size of the main face (plus 2 cm above and below) in the form of the sea and sky.
- On the seamy side of the sea and the front of the sky sew Velcro.
- We hook the part with the velcro to the face with the buttons.
The face with lightning:
- Base under the edge cut on the principle of the two previous ones.
- Between the main parts of the tent we sew a zipper and attach this entire structure to the main background.
Edge with carbine:
- We make the main background, sew on it small parts according to the scheme.
- Next, you need to cut a piece of fabric under the carabiner and secure both parts to it.
- Each part of the carbine is symmetrically sewn on the edges of the cube face.
Edge with lacing:
- Making the main sky background. The clouds can be made from ordinary cotton wool, and from unnecessary pieces of fur.
- We make doors similar to the edge with velcro, but with small additions. Allowance of 2 cm here should be done just 1 side of each door. On the central edge of each door we sew ready lacing. If you do not have one, you can buy special eyelets. However, they will have to tinker a bit.
- Sew on the door to the main background.
Edge with knot:
- As usual, we make the main background, the doors and cut the ribbon out of the fabric. For convenience and beauty, you can also use a satin ribbon, sweeping over the trimmed edges in advance.
- Tie the ribbon on a bow, sew to the door, and they - to the base.
- We arrange the faces as they should be according to the plan, we mark them on the reverse side with small stitches and sew them on the typewriter. It is necessary to leave 1 face unclosed.
- Through the remaining hole we fill our cube with a synthetic winterizer or foam rubber. Close the cube. Educational toy is ready!
Soft toys from socks: do bunny
- socks: 2 white and 2 any other color;
- needle and thread;
- synthetic winterizer;
- Red pencil;
- felt-tip pen
- White toe cut on the heel, as shown in the figure.
- Fill tightly with padding polyester nose.
- We sew the edges.
- We measure out a little smaller part of the eye (this will be the head of our toy) and drag it over with a string.
- We form legs on the lower part of the body on each side and sew with small stitches for fastening with the help of a needle and a white thread.
- The second sock is cut, as shown in the figure. That part of the sock, where the gum is located, will be the top of the suit. We sew it with a thread similar in color to the main body.
- Put the middle part between the heel and nose on the lower part of the body and sew gently between the legs, as shown in the figure.
- From the second white sock, we cut out the squares of the fabric for the hands and fill it with padding polyester. Sew the edges and cut off the excess fabric.
- Cut out the sleeves to the size of the hands from the remaining fabric of the colored sock and sew.
- Ready hands with small stitches with the help of white threads are sewn to the body of the doll.
- Cut out the white sock ears. One ear can be tightly padded with padding polyester - then it will stick up, but this is optional.
- Ready ears attach to the upper torso, where the head of the bunny.
- With the help of a marker we draw the mouth, nose and eyes of the hare. If desired, they can also be embroidered with black threads on the workpiece blank.
- Next, take a sheet of paper and using a stationery knife, finely cut the core of a red pencil.
- Gently brush with brush paint "blush" and put on the cheek bunny.
- Toy sock ready!
Be sure to please your baby with hand-made crafts. What could be better than a soft toy created with love and tenderness? Creative success!