To get a good harvest of strawberries it is necessary to provide it with proper and timely feeding. This is especially true for young plants that will only bear fruit for the first year. Any dressing should be maintained in the recommended proportions and prepared from high-quality ingredients.
Top dressing of strawberry repair
- It is necessary to feed such strawberries exactly in time, not less than 3 r. per year. Before the rapid growth of leaves, the plant can be fed with a solution of manure and ammonium sulfate. It is enough to mix 1 tbsp. l sulfate with 2 cups of cow dung and dilute them in 10 liters of water. Under each bush, it is desirable to pour 1 l of feeding.
- In the first year of disembarkation, it is advisable to water the solution with a mullein, diluting 1 cup in 5 liters of water. Under each bush can pour 1 liter of the resulting mixture. Well proven and nettle infusion. To prepare it, you need to pour water in a bucket of freshly harvested grass and leave to infuse for 3 days. The first time with this infusion you can sprinkle strawberry bushes before it begins to bloom. And the second time after the harvest.
- Before flowering at the end of May, it also does not hurt to pour fertilizer. To do this, you need 10 liters of water, 2 tbsp. l nitrofoski and 1 tsp. potassium sulfate. Under each bush need to pour at least 0.5 liters of the resulting fertilizer.
- It is desirable to carry out top dressing in the spring before the leafing. This can be done simultaneously with the removal of old whiskers, leaves, and even transplant.
- You should very carefully feed strawberries with chicken manure or humus, because when you sleep the bush itself, you can ruin the whole future crop of berries.
How to feed strawberries during flowering?
- During the formation of the fruit strawberries need a large amount of potassium, so as a feed you can use the infusion of chicken manure, ash or potassium nitrate.
- Usually strawberries are fed during the flowering period by spraying a 0.02% zinc sulfate solution. At the very beginning of flowering, its fertilizer can be carried out with a solution of mullein. In addition, spraying strawberry bushes with microelements during flowering and development of the ovaries will increase the yield. To do this, add a pinch of boric acid to 10 liters of water. You can also use ready-made fertilizers created specifically for strawberries.
- The use of complex fertilizer, which consists of all the necessary trace elements, can increase the yield of berries by 30 percent due to the exact balance of such fertilizer.
- But not only during flowering need to feed strawberries. The second time to add fertilizer to the soil preferably immediately after harvesting the main crop. By the time it falls in the middle or end of July. At the same time you can cut the leaves and whiskers. And after processing the strawberry bushes with Bordeaux liquid solution of 2 percent. This will destroy the harmful insects and parasites that already live on the bushes.
- The last time to feed young plants that have only turned one year is best in mid-September, when the weather is dry.
Feeding strawberries with yeast
- More recently, gardeners began to use yeast for feeding strawberries. Judging by the reviews, the result is impressive. In addition, this fertilizer can be used for other vegetables and berries.
- You can feed the plants 2 times per season, for 10 bushes there is usually enough 5 l bucket. A pack of yeast weighing 1 kg must be diluted in 5 liters of water. To feed 0.5 liters of the mixture should be diluted in 10 liters of water. Under strawberry bush enough to pour 0.5 liters of the resulting mixture.
- In addition to the usual yeast, you can use fast yeast. 1 packet of dry yeast, 2 tbsp. spoon dilute sugar in a small amount of warm water and add the mixture to a bucket of water, then leave to infuse for 2 hours. If you are going to water strawberries, add 0.5 l of this solution to the watering can.
See also: Top dressing of tomatoes during flowering.
Strawberry feeding plays an important role in the ripening of berries. Conduct it can and should be immediately after planting, during growth and even during the flowering period. Remember that fertilizing during the flowering period of strawberries should be carried out only 1 time and using the recommended types of fertilizers!