Tillandsia is a bromeliad group. These plants are grown indoors for various purposes..
Professional interior designers consider bromeliads a necessary element in the design of modern home furnishings. However, there are not that many bromeliad lovers. It is believed that this group of plants is very difficult to grow and maintain.
All species of tillandia have a fluffy bloom on the leaves. It consists of moisture-absorbing flakes. This is necessary so that tillandsia absorbs moisture from the surrounding air.
Tillandsia belongs to the group of "atmospheric" bromeliads. Tillandsia literally lives in the air.
Types of tillands
- The most common type is Tillandsiya usnevidnaya. It is called "Louisian moss".
- This type of epiphytic. It is better to plant in pots, fixing on snags, sprigs of coral or shells.
- Flower leaves Tillandsii Usnevidnoy can be brightly colored. However, the duration of their existence is short (only a few days).
- No less common the following form - Tillandsiya head of Medusa. The leaves of this species are twisted, thick, moving away from the swollen base. The bracts are red and the flowers are blue. The plant looks very unusual and spectacular.
- Tillandsiya fiatkotsvetkovaya - the flowers are purple and the leaves turn red with the appearance of flowers.
- Tillandsiya sitnikovidnaya - long leaf view. Named so because of the structure of the leaves.
- Tillandsiya silvery - Lstia short, silver color, casually hang down.
Location in Tillandia House
- Since the plant feeds on atmospheric air, it is best to place it in well-ventilated places. The air should not be too cold - the plant will die.
- The best place in the house is a kitchen or a well-lit bathroom.
- It is better not to put tillandia on the windowsills - she does not like drafts and temperature drops.
- Lighting - bright, but away from direct sunlight.
- Temperature not below 12 ° C in winter. For flowering temperature is necessary from 25 ° C.
- Air humidity high. Requires frequent spraying of the leaves. Sometimes replace the water for spraying liquid dressing.
- Watering moderate. Drainage should be good. You can not water the plant hard tap water (as well as spray the same water). Better to take rainwater.
- It is necessary to water a plant only in process of full drying of the soil. Tillandsia does not tolerate waterlogging.
- During the flowering period, watering increase.
- Breeds tillandsia shoots located at the base.
- Transplanted very rarely. Sometimes do not transplant.
Tillandsiya - extraordinarily beautiful ornamental plant. Flower growers appreciate both leaves and inflorescences of tillandia.
Difficulties in caring for tillandia are small. But her presence in the house will fill your house with new unusual colors and shapes.. It is only important to place it in the right place, where there is high humidity (in the kitchen or in the bathroom), and to properly water (spray).