Cats are one of the most popular pets. There is a huge number of breeds, each of which has its own characteristics and fans. In addition to the usual medium-sized domestic cats, there are real giants. Unlike small animals, large animals are distinguished by good nature, friendliness, sociability and great love for people.
The biggest cat breeds: description and prices
Siberian cats are large and developed animals, whose mass can reach up to 15 kg. Siberian cats have long and thick hair, bushy tail, and the color can be very diverse. Such animals will be ideal pets for people who suffer from allergies. The character of the Siberians is very capricious, they will not lie for hours in the hands of the owner, they will not purr for a long time. They are good hunters, so the absence of mice and rats is guaranteed. The average price of a kitten ranges from 1,000 to 15,000 rubles. depending on the pedigree and litter.
Norwegian Forest Cat - similar to the Siberian. She seems very large due to her double water-repellent wool cover. Coat color can be very diverse. Cats reach weight up to 12 kg, and cats - up to 5 kg. This breed is very sociable, playful and sociable. Despite its large size, the forest cat is very elegant and graceful. The average price of a kitten ranges from 5,000 to 40,000 rubles.
- Ragdoll is a unique breed, bred recently. Translated, the name of the cat sounds like "rag doll." The main feature of Ragdolls is reduced muscle tone. This breed was obtained by crossing a Siamese cat with a Burmese cat. There are 2 types of breed: colorpoint (similar to Siamese cats) and two-color (have white areas on the paws and muzzle). The animal of each of the varieties are lilac, chocolate or blue color. Redgall cats have a special phlegmatic and maximum good naturedness. Note that they are not able to fall from their height due to muscle relaxation. A kitten of this breed will cost you from 5,000 to 45,000 rubles.
- Big cat asher - this is a hybrid cat named after the goddess Ashera. If you believe the statements of the biotechnology company LifestylePets, this is the largest breed of domestic cats. It is believed that the breed was bred in 2007 based on the genes of an African Serval, an Asian Bengal cat, and an ordinary domestic cat. The DNA test showed that Ashera is a classic representative of the savannah breed, which was bred in the USA in the early 1980s. Initially, the price of a kitten reached from 22,000 to 27,000 dollars.
- Savannah is the largest, one of the most beautiful and expensive cat breeds in the world. In height reaches 50 - 70 cm, and the weight of an adult individual can exceed 15 kg. They are striking in their dissimilarity to cats; the habits of the savannah are more like dogs. These animals are perfectly trained, love to walk on a leash and love to swim. Savannah is a very sociable, playful, energetic breed that does not like loneliness. Pet color resembles leopard. The price for such a handsome man ranges from 4,000 to 20,000 dollars.
- Chawzi is a very rare large breed of cats, distributed only among professional breeders. Adult cats reach 15 kg. They are distinguished by a spectacular appearance: thick and dense wool of black or silver shade, a small and rounded muzzle, tassels on the ears. The ancestors of Chausi were swamp lynx, which explains the presence of a muscular body, massive and strong legs, wild and capricious nature. Chawzi are very active and cheerful: they love to run, jump, overcome obstacles and walk. The price of a kitten varies from 7,000 to 35,000 dollars
- Balinez or Baltic cat is cat with big ears, which appeared in the 1940s, the city. The closest relatives of the breed is a Siamese cat. The nature of the breed is truly unique, because they are attached to their owner is not cat-like. The animal is very devoted, loves communication, affection and tenderness. They have an excellent appetite and love to mollify. However, cats of this breed do not tolerate when they are offended even by children. If you have a small child, never allow him to torture the cat, otherwise you will not escape scratches and aggression. The price of a kitten varies from 10,000 to 15,000 rubles.
Cats are the most famous of domestic animals. Unlike dogs, they do not require special care for themselves, because they do not need to walk regularly. Recently, large pets are in fashion, the price of which is quite high. If you decide on such a purchase, contact a professional nursery to get a real purebred cat or cat.