Small insect Aphid - a very common pest of vegetable gardens. Fighting it has a long history. It feeds on plant sap, which is extracted from the back of leaves and seedlings, and most often settles in colonies.
Gaining food, aphid forgling pierces the skin of the plant and begins to eat. For plants that grow in gardens and gardens, people care for, so their juice for this insect is more tasty than wild.
Fight against aphidsit is complicated by the fact that this insect acquires immunity to chemical agents that are used against it, as well as its rapid reproduction and the presence of both individuals without wings and winged ones.
Methods of dealing with aphids
- Before you start fighting with this insect, you need to carefully examine your garden or garden. If the tops of the branches and leaves are twisted, the new leaves do not grow, and inside there are many small green-gray insects, then this is an aphid invasion. The size of the insect is 1 mm, but the harm it does is huge.
- Trees, shrubs, flowers, and other crops fall under the harmful effects of a pest. Most often, the aphids are remembered when the garden plot has already been influenced by it. But after all, the best means of protection is prevention, which needs to be dealt with in early spring, when the foliage has not blossomed, and the buds have not even swelled yet. The temperature of the garden air should be above 4 ° C, the treatment itself should be carried out using karbofos solution (per 10 liters of water 75 g) or other non-prohibited insecticides.
- Plant trunks need to be cleaned with a metal brush - this is done in autumn or early spring. Thus, the trunks of trees are released from the larvae of various pests that hibernate in the bark. In the autumn, be sure to remove the remnants of vegetation from the site, and the shrubs and trees themselves - to feed, because healthy plants are less exposed to the raids of harmful insects.
- If there is a slight excess of potassium in the shrub or tree (this can be done with ash), unlike nitrogen, the plant will be tasteless for the parasite. Excellent help is given by the larvae of such insects as the ladybird, the golden-eyed lady, the flies — hoverflies, various horsemen, in other words, entomophages.
- During the growing season, to protect the plant from the effects of aphids, you need to apply infusions and herbal teas, they will not harm the beneficial insects. But if it rained soon after the treatment, then the treatment needs to be done again, so you need to monitor the weather forecast and choose a rainless period for processing.
- A separate colony of insects settles on each plant, there can be from 4 to 16 generations! The development period lasts about 10-12 days. Because of this, the plant must be treated with chemicals at least 2 times. But infusions and decoctions of herbs - every 10 days at least 4 times per season.
Folk remedies to combat aphids in the garden
Here are some cooking recipes. folk remedies to combat aphids in the garden:
- 1 kg of raw chamomile blossoms need to be filled with water, the temperature of which is about 70 ° C and insist 12 hours. After the infusion, you need to filter, add 50 g of simple soap there and spray the plant.
- 4 kg of tomato stepsons need to boil in 10 liters of water, strain and spray the affected plant.
- 200 g of onion peel need to insist in 10 liters of water for 10 days, then strain and apply.
- The best thing in all broths add to 10 liters of solution 50 g of soap, so that the solution sticks better to the plant or to prepare a completely soap solution: dissolve 400 g of liquid soap in 10 liters of water.
- You can also prepare an emulsion of oil: shake up warm water and vegetable oil in a separate container until a white homogeneous mass is formed, then add 2 tbsp. l vodka or alcohol, mix and spray plants. If this is possible, then some branches of plants can be dipped into the solution, and the insect will simply drown there. But the heavily damaged branches will have to be cut, because they will not return to normal life.
- Tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers that grow in the greenhouse can be sprayed with agravertine, aktellik, fitoverm and intavir, apply to cabbage actellikefury.
- On the leaves of white and red currants, you can see red swellings - these are attacks. gall aphids. Such leaves will have to be cut and then burned - it is already impossible to save them. It is necessary to process currants in early spring, when the buds are just beginning to move out, for this you can use the following chemicals: karate, fury, spark.
- Apple trees are often the victims of red gall aphids, the larvae wake up in early May, a little less often - in late April. They damage the young leaves, in the process, there are red-brown swellings. After a few days, the tips of the leaves are wrapped, thus covering the larva. The female gives birth to new insects. In the process, the leaves begin to curl, swelling at the same time increase in size, the leaf itself begins to turn yellow, and then it falls off completely. This type of insect is capable of infecting not only the leaves, but also the fruits. At the same time they also form characteristic red spots. Fighting aphids on apples is possible using conventional methods.
- This parasitic insect settles on top of the plant, therefore the main method of dealing with aphids in the garden is spraying the plants various solutions and breaking off the affected leaves. For example, it is possible to spray cultures with the following solutions — a 0.05% solution of rovicurate, a 0.05% solution of anometrine, a 0.6% solution of karbofos.
- The first remedy for aphid invasion in the garden is orange peel, crushed into flour. In 1 liter of boiled water you need to brew 0.5 l of orange peel powder, leave the solution for a day. After the solution, boil for 10 minutes, strain, dissolve in a bucket of water and spray the leaves and branches of the plant.
- You can also use the infusion of onion peel, it helps in the fight not only with aphids, but also with spider mites, moths, suckers and even with Colorado beetles. To make it, you need 200 g of onion peel, pour 5 liters of warm water and leave for 4 days. After strain and spray them with culture 2 times after flowering with a break of a week.
When applying pesticides for this purpose, one must remember that they negatively affect not only insects, but also the plant itself and its fruits. Better cook solutions from natural products on their own, especially since you do not need to make great efforts.
For prevention and control of parasites New planted plants can be sprayed with the following solutions:
- 200 g of garlic need to chop into a mush and insist in 10 liters of water for several days, then strain and spray damaged sprouts.
- 1 liter of water and 100 g of hot pepper must be boiled for 1 hour in a saucepan lid, after insisting 2 days. The resulting infusion filter and make a solution of the proportions: 10 liters of water 1 tbsp. l infusion. They treat diseased shoots, plants and plots.
- The soap solution also helps quite well. In order to prepare it, you need to dissolve 50 g of soap in 10 liters of water, add 50 g of soda (if the solution is prepared without soda, then you need to take 200 g of soap) or 3 tbsp. l washing powder. With this solution, the plant can not be watered, but must be sprayed. You can also treat the area around the plant, because this insect can be transported from other areas with the help of wings and wind.
It is best to do time to prevent the protection against such harmful insects as aphid, then the threat to your garden will be minimal, and the harvest - generous!