Surely chinchilla in the cage and feeding -Important points for the care of chinchilla. In this article, we turn our attention to general advice and home chinchilla recommendations.
General recommendations for the care of chinchilla
Communicating with chinchillas is a great pleasure. They easily get used to the new owner. When you've just taken a chinchilla, don't start squeezing it, give it time to get comfortable in your home.
- Chinchillas are very mobile animals, they like to run a lot. You can let your pet run around the apartment, only, in any case, do not leave it unattended. This may lead to irreparable consequences.
- Gradually, when the chinchilla begins to get used to the new environment (she starts playing in her cage), start treating her with her hand. Thus, she quickly adapts to the new conditions for her.
- In no case don't pull a chinchilla out of the cage by force, Do not pull it for any part of the body. This is a huge stress for her! Open the door and place a treat next to it. And over time, when your pet gets used to it, she will know that since you opened the door, it means she can run freely. And she will be happy to leave the walls of her home!
- If you are too active in relation to the chinchilla, you will pull it out of the cage, constantly hold it on your hands, the animal will experience stress. And as a result of stress - her hair will fall out in some places. And then, for about a month, your pet will resemble a lichen kitten. If the stress of the chinchilla will be constantly - it will quickly wither and die.
- In no case do not allow drafts in that room, where there is a cage with chinchilla, in the cold season. And when it is hot outside, you need to air the room well.
- Avoid direct sunlight.on chinchilla cage. They are disastrous for her.
- Make sure that there are no wires near the cage - your pet will gnaw them.
- When it is hot in the street and indoors, the chinchilla will most likely go to bed. Do not wake her, otherwise she will have a heat stroke. You can learn about chinchilla overheating - her ears will turn pink.
- Approximately twice a week arrange chinchilla dust baths. In extreme cases, once a week. Do not bathe a chinchilla, dust baths it is enough. If in some way chinchilla gets wet, or you had to wash it (for example, because of diarrhea), do it quickly. Next, wrap in a towel and blow dry. Make sure that the air of the dryer is not hot.
- If you have not purchased a running ring for your pet, be ready to lend it a room for temporary use. Just before you run your pet in this room, remove all dangerous things, and those with which the chinchilla can cause harm. Lift the wires to a height.
- Let your chinchilla gnawcardboard, just do not forget that she eats it. And if you give him a lot, the chinchilla will eat little food.
- Do not leave your chinchilla alone with your other pets unattended.
- You can buy one chinchilla, you can take a pair. This animal easily tolerates loneliness, so the presence of the second individual is not important to it. The second chinchilla, often bought when they want to do breeding these animals.
- If you already have one chinchilla, and you bought the second one, then do not plant it immediately in the cage to your first pet. Plant a newly acquired chinchilla in a small cage, and put a small one in a large one. This way allow chinchilla to meet, but will not give the opportunity to start internecine wars.
- If you need to catch a chinchilla, to put in a cage, you should not run after her, otherwise your pet will get stress. Offer her a treat, most likely she will voluntarily come to you.
Pay special attention to chinchilla health. Watch the consistency of her litter, for tearing eyes, condition of coat and teeth. If there are any problems, do not rely on chance and do not self-medicate. Contact your veterinarian. This way you save the life and health of your darling! And about how to feed a chinchilla and how to equip its home, read the article Content of chinchillas at home: feeding and care.