DIY stencils for walls - a fashionable way to decorate walls without using wallpaper. Use stencils began in antiquity. In ancient Egypt, with their help were decorated the walls of tombs, palaces and homes of ordinary people. In ancient China and Japan, stencils were used to paint dishes, such as china, fabrics, paintings, postcards and walls in dwellings.
Stencils for wall decor do it yourself
Currently, there are a huge number of techniques of applying a stencil on the wall. You can choose absolutely any image: animals, plants, insects, Egyptian motifs, hieroglyphs, abstract drawings, rock paintings, vegetables, fruits, landscapes, houses, etc.
Choosing a stencil for decoration, you can experiment and apply the design on the entire wall, on its sections or only on borders. You can paint the ceiling or tile in the bathroom. To decorate the room, it is better to choose a picture that is suitable for him. For example, in a kitchen, food or kitchenware will look good. In the bedroom - flowers, ladybugs, butterflies, dragonflies, landscape or animal figures. For the corridor fit abstract drawings.
To transfer the image to the wall, it is better to use acrylic paints for painting, sponges and brushes. To transfer the picture you need slowly and carefully. Stencil painting is good because the same element can be applied in different ways and in different colors.
You will need:
- A4 paper;
- Copy paper;
- Cardboard or drawing paper;
- Office knife or scissors;
- Pencil or pen;
Instructions for making stencils with your own hands:
- Select your favorite design and print it on the printer using A4 paper. The drawing must be in full size in order to conveniently transfer it to the wall.
- Transfer the drawing to a drawing paper or cardboard using copy paper. To make a stencil reusable, tape it on both sides with adhesive tape or laminate.
- Using a clerical knife, cut open areas of the pattern. Cut only those sections that will be transferred to the wall. To make the lines even, place glass under the cardboard.
- When the stencil is ready, you can use it to decorate the walls in your apartment.
Instructions for doing the butterfly stencil with your own hands:
- Choose a beautiful butterfly and transfer it to cardboard or plastic. The drawing on the cardboard is transferred with a simple pencil, and on the plastic - with a felt-tip pen. You can make some beautiful stencils with different butterflies to make the composition on the wall more vivid and vibrant.
- Very neatly cut the stencil along the lines using a stationery knife, placing a wooden board on the cardboard. When cutting, try not to damage the internal lintels, do not make unnecessary cuts and burrs. The workpiece must be of high quality, without bruises and irregularities.
- Mark the points on the intended wall where the butterflies should be located. You can arrange butterflies as you like. Think how tightly they should fit together. Try to create a harmonious composition and organically fit it into the interior.
- Dissolve the acrylic paint to the desired consistency and with the help of a sponge or sponge, carefully transfer the butterflies to the marked places. For greater effect, use paints of different colors. Make sure that the paint does not go beyond the contours, otherwise, you can spoil the whole composition. If you are uncomfortable, fix the stencil on the wall with ordinary tape, and fix the irregularities of the pattern with a brush.
How to make beautiful volumetric stencils?
Volumetric stencils give the interior originality and comfort. The technique of making a volumetric stencil is quite simple, but it requires accuracy and consistency.
You will need:
- Transparent thin plastic;
- Sharp office knife;
- Aerosol glue;
- Acrylic putty or plaster;
- Paint spatula
Instructions for the manufacture of volumetric stencil:
- Select a drawing and transfer it to plastic. Cut the stencil with a sharp knife. Apply spray glue to the template and stick it on the wall where you want the picture to be.
- The three-dimensional image is created using acrylic plaster or putty, using a paint spatula. When you transfer the picture, wait for 1 minute, then remove the stencil from the corner in one quick motion.
- When the drawing on the wall is completely dry, you can paint it with colored paints.
Stencils for walls: photo
See also:Paper butterflies on the wall do it yourself: detailed master classes with templates
Stencils for walls with your own hands - this is one of the most relevant, quick and easy ways to change the interior of the apartment. To transfer the image to the wall is simple. You yourself can choose the one that fits best into the look of your room. Unlike traditional wallpaper, the same wall decor, you will not see anyone.