In order for the greenhouse to always delight with beauty, besides attentive care, its inhabitants need prevention and timely treatment of diseases. They develop as a result of the destructive effects of insects, for example, spider mites. The most common parasitic spider mite on indoor plants. How to deal with this pest, you need to know to everyone who wants to decorate the apartment with fragrant, attractive and healthy colors.
Spider mite - arachnid insect with 4 pairs of limbs. An adult individual in size does not exceed 0.5 millimeter, has a translucent color of various shades:
- yellowish orange;
There are ticks with dark spots on the back or sides. The pest can get into the room with the wind, dwell in the soil for transplanting plants or on the leaves of a floral bouquet. He is also able to "move" in the pot from the surface of clothing or objects. Spider mite hides in crevices and other secluded places, lays eggs, which remain viable for about 5 years. Therefore, if you do not use methods that destroy future offspring, the fight against this parasite will be long and useless.
How to detect a problem?
First of all, you need to start worrying lovers of jasmine, begonias, orchids and roses: these flowers often fall prey to these pests. To find out if a spider mite appeared on indoor plants, and start fighting it, you should pay attention to the condition of the leaves. If the plant is infected, you will see:
- yellowish spots;
- small holes;
- faded silver or brown stripes;
- change of leaf shape;
- fall of buds and leaves
- if the pest belongs to a subspecies that weave a web, - a cluster of webs at the base of the leaves.
Free your favorite flowers from the "spider enemy"
Flower shop shoppers often think about which drug to give preference if a spider mite was seen on houseplants. How to deal with such a common insect, experts know botany. They recommend vegetable acaricides.
- Pyrethrum is a natural non-toxic pesticide made from Dalmatian chamomile. Pyrethrum powder should be insisted on the water and with the help of a spray gun, thoroughly treat the plant, pot and small cracks near the location of the floral "house". It will take 5-6 sprays with a break of 1-2 days.
- Cinnamon stone is a product derived from cinnamon oil. Such a drug is completely safe for plants, but very effective in combating spider mites. Treat them to plants every 3 days to destroy young individuals, as this pesticide does not neutralize eggs.
- Nut tree oil him. Against the substances included in the composition, the mites do not produce immunity. It is necessary with a 3-4 day interval to wipe with oil the affected areas of the leaves.
- Synsecticidal soap. Make a soap solution and spray them with a flower.
If you are a supporter of traditional methods of pest control, purchase the following chemicals:
- phyto farm;
It should be borne in mind that the same tool loses its effectiveness after three times of use, as ticks quickly adapt to chemicals. With strong lesions, it will be useful to introduce the potent drug Aldicarb into the soil. In order to successfully fight not only with adult mites, but also with their offspring, do small-drop spraying with sulfur-containing and phosphorus preparations.
A great addition to the basic therapy will be natural cleansing - constant washing and wiping the plant. It is easy to prepare and use the solution for such a procedure:
- Take 1 liter of tap water and add some hand soap.
- Dampen a sponge in the solution and wipe the leaves, and then spray all areas of the plant, especially the bottom.
- After a week, you can repeat the procedure.
The tick livestock is significantly reduced when occasionally illuminating the underside of the leaves with an ultraviolet lamp.
Tips for amateur flower growers
If you want to protect the flower from the possible side effects of finished products, folk remedies proven by many years of experience are at your service. You can spray a diseased plant with such decoctions and homemade infusions.
- Grind 1 tbsp. l onions or 1 tsp. onion scales.
- Add the mixture to 900 ml of water.
- Insist on 6 hours in a closed container.
Infusion medicinal dandelion (raw materials can be purchased at the pharmacy).
- Crush 25 g of dandelion roots.
- Infuse in 950 ml of water at 40 ° C for 45-50 minutes.
- Divide the cyclamen tubers into several parts.
- Boil them in boiling water for 35-40 minutes.
- Insist broth for about a day.
- Strain the obtained product and process the plant once a week.
- Take 1 tbsp. finely grated garlic.
- Infuse garlic mass in 960 ml of water for 5 days in a dark place.
- During infusion, the mixture should be tightly closed.
- To prepare the working solution, take 6 g of concentrated mass per 1 liter of liquid.
If the plant reacts poorly to spraying, you can put chopped garlic or a jar of turpentine on the bottom near the pot, and cover the flower with polyethylene for 6 hours. Whatever method of dealing with spider mites you choose, remember that you need to process not only the stems and leaves, but also all nearby objects.
How to avoid the appearance of parasites?
Favorable conditions for ticks are:
- dry air;
- lack of moisture.
Therefore, the humidification of the air and frequent spraying from the spray gun are good preventive measures against the occurrence and reproduction of spider mites. A false spider mite, on the contrary, loves water, so there should not be an excess of moisture either. Also, do not forget on time:
- pick spoiled leaves;
- cut faded buds and flowers;
- remove microfiber dust.
From time to time, walnut oil can be used for prophylactic purposes.
If a spider mite appeared on indoor plants, how to deal with it is easy to remember. Despite the insect's ability to quickly adapt to the environment and develop immunity against chemicals, it is quite possible to rid the flowers of this parasite. It is only necessary to change the means in time, not to forget about the elementary cleansing and moistening of the plant and not to neglect the popular ways of combating insect pests.