Spathiphyllum is a low perennial evergreen, one of the most popular lately in office and home premises. This is a very thermophilic plant, so choose the warm rooms for it in your home. It is contraindicated drafts and too dry air.
Causes of yellowing leaves in spathiphyllum
- If your green pet leaves turn yellow, then this is most likely due to insufficient watering.
- If the air is too dry, the spathiphyllum leaves also turn yellow.
- There may be various pest damage and some other causes.
But do not overdo it with additional nutrition! Excessive nutrients are harmful to the plant. Sometimes it is the oversupply of mineral salts and organic fertilizers that causes blackening of the leaves. In this case, stop all feeding, or even transplant the plant for a while in a poorer substrate.
So that the spathiphyllum does not turn black or leaves turn yellow, it is necessary to properly care for it.
How to care for spathiphyllum?
It is easier to prevent the disease than to treat it. This applies to both people and plants. After all, yellow and black leaves - this is not the norm, and therefore the disease. Prevention of the development of diseases in spathiphyllum consists in adhering to a competent treatment regime for them.
Florists will be pleased that the spathiphyllum is, albeit a tropical plant, but rather unpretentious. If you follow all the necessary recommendations for care, there will be no problems with it. The plant will always remain healthy and beautiful.
- Spathiphyllum prefers diffused light and heat. Especially important is warm in winter.
- It is extremely bad Spathiphyllum transfers drafts. He may die after even a short period of time spent in a draft.
- Lighting is an important element in caring for a green pet. In the summer, he needs partial shade, and in the cold season - bright sunlight. But do not expose it under the scorching sun rays - the leaves can burn!
- The temperature of the plant prefers high enough, because all tropical natives are thermophilic. In the cold season, the temperature should not fall below 12 ° C.
- Increased air humidity is one of the main conditions for spathiphyllum well-being. Put it in a lighted bathroom or have a shower and sprinkle leaves and air around the plant daily.
- In no case do not put spathiphyllum next to the batteries or heating devices, it will destroy it!
- Spathiphyllum requires frequent spraying of leaves with water at room temperature, preferably soft.
- It is necessary to water a plant with soft warm water. Watering should not be excessive, but also scarce. Abundant watering should be from spring to autumn, in the winter - moderate.
- Useful procedures such as placing a spathiphyllum pot on a wet peat or pebble pan.
- Do not forget about dressings! If you do not transplant the plant, feed it twice a year - in spring and autumn. If you transplant it every spring, then feeding is only in autumn. Replant the plant in well-fertilized soil rich in minerals!
So that the leaves do not turn black or yellow, carefully look after the spathiphyllum. Creating and maintaining favorable conditions in the house will be the best method of preventing yellowing and blackening of leaves, leading in the most extreme cases to the death of plants!