Each indoor plant has its own requirements for the flowering period. Some are unpretentious to the conditions and care, others, on the contrary. Spathiphyllum, of which about 45 species are known, is usually not very demanding to care. And yet, for a number of reasons, spathiphyllum sometimes does not bloom. Why? Let's try to figure it out.
What prevents flowering?
Care spathiphyllum does not require any special skills and knowledge. Regular watering and spraying without stagnant water. The plant will gradually grow and develop. As soon as the root system fills the entire pot capacity, shoots with beautiful white flowers will appear. Subsequently, the flower must be transplanted into a wider container, after a while, wait for the color again.
It is best to install a pot with a plant somewhere away from direct sunlight. The flower grows pretty quickly. A can bloom up to 2 times a year (usually in spring and autumn).
You water, fertilize, spray, time to transplant - why then your spathiphyllum does not bloom?
- exposure to direct sunlight;
- too hot in the room (optimal temperature conditions + 20-23 degrees, but not below +12);
- the pot is too big and the root system is simply not able to braid the entire container;
- the presence of drafts;
- stagnant water in the pot (this reason, by the way, explains why the leaves turn yellow at the spathiphyllum);
- low humidity in the room (in this case, you can temporarily move the plant to a cooler room);
- nutritional deficiencies;
- non-intensive watering - overdried soil;
- the plant is too old (there is a way out - seating);
- diseases and pests.
By the way, many of these reasons affect not only the lack of flowers. They also explain why the spathiphyllum turns yellow, turns brown, and leaves dry.
Solution to the problem
Why the plant does not bloom, why the leaves turn yellow at the spathiphyllum, and what to do to fix it? First of all, it is required to identify and eliminate possible negative factors of influence. Temperature, humidity of air and soil, drafts and food - this is what you should pay attention to first.
- Choose the best place for the pot in the room. Away from the windowsill - direct sunlight and heating system. But putting a flower in a dark corner is also not recommended. In the shade, all the power will go to the leaves, which will prevent the "release" of flowers.
- Prevent parasites and diseases.
- As for any indoor flower, it is recommended to feed at least 1-2 times a year. It is possible from spring to autumn to use a nutrient solution instead of the main irrigation. Spray the leaves often, moisten the air in the room.
- If the spathiphyllum is cramped in his pot, spawn. This is best done in the spring or as the roots grow. For planting more often used cherenkovy method or division of rhizome. Combined soil should be well fertilized. The first time after planting requires abundant watering and regular feeding.
Observing the rules of care for this rich green houseplant with stunning white flowers, you will surely wait for the primrose. Stick to the "routine" and your spathiphyllum will bloom regularly.