Spacifilus is a perennial plant without a stem with a short rhizome.. Its leaves are located at the roots and have the shape of an oval. Spatsyphiluses are common in tropical America, on the Philippine Islands, in Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela, etc. There are about 45 species of this flower. The plant blooms about 2 - 3 weeks.
Spacifilus is a very popular flower that many people like because of the beauty of leaves and flowers. He does not require special care, but still he needs constant spraying and abundant watering.
Spacifilus: home care
- Lighting. The plant prefers diffused light, so it is better to put a flower pot in partial shade. Protect the flower from bright light and direct sunlight, otherwise spacifilus may die without bringing you flowers. You should not put the flower in too dark a place, as it also does not benefit the plant. Due to too dark light, the leaves can stretch and become narrower. The optimal flower arrangement is the northern part of the window. It is recommended to increase the coverage during the flowering period in order to prolong this process.
- Humidity. The flower must be abundantly watered and maintained at high humidity. To achieve high humidity, you must put in a pot with a flower tray with wet sand or expanded clay. In the summertime, moisten the room using a sprayer. You can spray the leaves themselves spacifilusa. During the flowering period, these manipulations are carried out with extreme caution, since water should not fall on the inflorescences of the plant. In winter, it is recommended to reduce watering and reduce air humidity.
- Watering. Spatsifilus loves abundant watering, but do not need to overdo it, otherwise, the leaves of the flower begin to fall and turn yellow. As a result, the plant can be left without leaves. If such a nuisance has occurred, it means that you have precisely flooded the plant, in connection with which the roots of spacifilus have rotted and it will not be easy to save it. To avoid such a nuisance, make sure that the land dries out between the irrigations. Thus, you prevent stagnation of water in the soil, hence, rotting of the roots. If for some reason, after all, you have poured a flower, take it out of the pot, cut off the rotten roots and transplant it into a new pot with fresh earth.
- Temperature. Spacifilus loves warmth. The optimum temperature for a plant in summer is 22 degrees, in winter - at least 18 degrees. If the temperature falls below 16 degrees, the flower begins to stop developing, become sick and soon dies.
- Fertilizers. From March to September, spacifilus should be fed with mineral fertilizers that do not contain lime. Fertilizing the flower is recommended during watering.
- Transfer. Spatsifilus transplants as needed. Usually, this is done 1 time 1 - 2 years. The soil for the plant needs a weak acid. It is better to use ready-made land from a flower shop. When transplanting a pot you need to pick up a large size, but not too much, since it will not be better for the plant from the large free space. Some varieties of plants, on the contrary, from too much space in the pot feel uncomfortable.
- Breeding. Spacifilus can be propagated by seed and division. Propagation by division is the easiest way to propagate a plant. It is best to carry out the division in the springtime, since the shoots take root in the ground better. During breeding, it is recommended to cover the processes with plastic wrap - so they grow better. Make sure that the film does not touch the leaves of spacifilus and do not forget to air a homemade greenhouse.
Pests and diseases of spacilus
- If the flower does not grow well, it means that you overdo it with watering and put it not on the sunny side.
- If your spasifilus refuses to bloom, this may indicate that you planted it in a too spacious pot. Flowering will occur when the roots fill the entire pot. To speed up the flowering process, place the flower in a warm place.
- If dark spots appear on the leaves, this may indicate a disease. If only the tips of the leaves have darkened, this means that the spacifilus lacks moisture. Also, the leaves can turn black due to the lack of trace elements: phosphorus, potassium or nitrogen.
- Parasites or pests can occur in a plant that is contained in a dry room and with a lack of watering. Most often spacifilus overtakes aphid and spider mite. In this case, the flower is washed with a sponge with soapy water or sprayed with a special solution against pests.
Spatsifilus - beautiful and undemanding flower care. The most important thing for a plant is to maintain optimal air humidity and water the flower regularly. With proper care, spacifilus will delight you with beautiful flowers and its appearance. Follow the rules of care and do not ignore the signals of the plant.