If there is a needlework that makes a real queen out of a woman, this is soutache embroidery. Clothes, decorated with incredible patterns, look very elegant. Also using this type of embroidery create jewelry. Sometimes they are very difficult to distinguish at a glance from jewelry. Soutache embroidery is interesting for its simple technique. Excellent result will be obtained from the 1st time, even for those who just picked up a needle.
Soutache embroidery can be attributed to one of the oldest types of needlework. With its help, the nobles' clothes were decorated several centuries ago. The fashion of soutache was revived by the efforts of designers at the beginning of the last century. So, if you want to elegantly decorate clothes, it is better to stop on this embroidery. A lot of time it does not take you.
The technique of this needlework is based on attaching a special cord to the fabric - soutache. It is a very flexible strip with a groove. It is this feature that makes it easy to sew a harness. The needle falls exactly in its middle. The speed of work depends not only on the experience of the craftswoman, but also on the composition of the fabric of the soutache. It is believed that the most convenient type of cord is made of silk. It is quite flexible. Therefore, beautiful bends are obtained. Unfortunately, the silk soutache is quite expensive. In addition, it is not often possible to meet on sale.
Basically, cotton-based cords are on store shelves. Synthetics are added to their composition. The larger it is, the less plastic the harness is. Therefore, before buying it is worth asking what the soutache is made of. It will be very difficult for beginners to work with an inflexible cord. For decor does not matter the color of soutazh. Several centuries ago, he had to match the tone of clothing. Now the choice depends on your preferences and ideas.
Soutache embroidery: master class
After you have made a soutache, you should choose what to decorate. Very often you can find jewelry made in this technique. Despite the fact that for their creation they use cabochons and stones, the basis is the same embroidery. And decorations and clothes are decorated the same.
In order to sew the cord to the fabric, you must first develop a sketch of the pattern. You can use ready-made templates for richelieu or smooth. They are transferred to the fabric in various ways. If the material is cotton, water-soluble markers can be used. They are the most convenient. The visible remaining pattern will disappear after you wash your clothes.
Soutache embroidery can be made in the form of plant and any other ornaments. The technique is extremely simple. To the planned lines press the pieces of the soutache. The groove can be located on top. A needle and thread is pulled through the center and gently fixed. Thus stitching harness along the contour of the picture.
In order for embroidery not to cause you any problems, you should follow a number of simple rules:
- When trimming soutazh try to handle the tips. Because of this, the cord will not fluff. The treatment is carried out with glue, dipping them soutache. You can also burn the tip with a cigarette lighter.
- The combination of small beads, glass beads, large cabochons looks most advantageous. As the latter, you can use natural stones or artificial beads, which are stylized for them.
- For embroidery it is better to choose not sewing thread, but fishing line. Monofilament also looks good. Their advantage is that they merge with the fabric. Thus, stitches are less noticeable.
- At the end of the creation of soutache jewelry use special pads. Usually, the resulting part is glued to them so that the wrong side is not visible. The lining can be made of suede, leather, felt or any other dense fabric.
We make jewelry from soutache
Jewelry from soutache is performed both without tearing the thread, and from separately assembled elements. Making a bit like friform technology. Jewelry can be thought out in advance or made without preparation, impromptu. You can embroider a printed collar, necklace, brooch and even earrings. It is better to start with small products. For example, from the pendant.
You will need:
- Soutache 3-4 colors - 4 pcs. 22 cm, 2 pcs. 10 cm
- Large cabashon - 1 pc. 3 by 1, 5 cm.
- Glass beads
- Bead 2 mm. - 1 PC.
- Bead 7 mm. - 1 PC.
- Bead 6 mm. - 1 PC.
- A piece of suede or very dense fabric
- Glue moment
- Very fine needle and thread
- In a long stripe, 22 cm long, around the cabochon. It should be located in the middle. Soutache tips go to the right. Pull the needle and thread through the bottom opening of the cabochon and cord. Display at the top.
- Start overlaying the remaining sections of the harness, stitching them through the bead. Turn out the left tail.
- Attach a 6 mm diameter bead into the groove. Sew it up, passing the needle through the twisted tail, hole and right ends of the harnesses. The thread was on the other side. Take the largest bead and sew it to the right ends. They should bend around it.
- Cut the harnesses, leaving 3-4 cm. Fasten them to the inside out, having sewn. Take 2 pieces of soutache by 10 cm. Gently sew on the side near the large bead. Type in one bugle and place around it. Thread through the bead, beads and soutache. Thus, enclose the semicircle with the bugles in the opposite direction.
- Secure the thread. Cut off unnecessary parts of the harnesses. Sew a loop in the middle of the soutache. Circle the contours of the pendant on suede. Cut out the part. Spread the inside out with glue and glue to the resulting pendant.
Soutache embroidery: volume schemes
It is also worth trying to create a volumetric embroidery. It can be made in the form of beads and semi-beads. Subsequently, the finished parts are used to create necklaces or to decorate clothes.
You will need:
- Thin soutache - 2 m.
- Beads with a diameter of 4 mm. - 12 pcs.
- Fishing line or monofilament
- Fine needle
- Medium-sized beads
- Soutache cut into 6 parts. We put the harnesses together so that the groove looks in one direction. We sew them in the middle, returning the thread back inside. Strung on a needle bead. Wrap it with flagella so that tips of equal size remain. It is located in the middle of the segments of the soutache.
- We sew the bead with short stitches. It must securely consolidate. You get a detail with a round top and a rectangular tail.
- We divide the remaining pieces of sutazh into 2 parts. We bend one of them inside out, making a curl. Sew on. The same is repeated with 2. The tips of the soutache are cut off and lit with a lighter. So they will not fluff.
- Similarly, we make 3 or 6 parts. The amount depends on what you want to get in the end. From 3 parts the half of a bead turns out.
- When you have made all the elements, you need to go to their assembly. Monofilament fasten midway soutache details. The needle is directed to the sides.
- As a decor, the small holes that remain are covered with beads. For this, after piercing the middle part, a small bead is strung on the needle. Then the side parts are fastened with a thread.
Soutache embroidery helps to turn ordinary clothes into a work of art. The technique is extremely simple. The pattern is transferred to the fabric. Then it is stitched along the contour with special thin cords. Also, they can be used to make original jewelry. Usually bundles, gathered together, bends around beads. Then they are stitched. As a result, a single canvas is formed from the elements.