This is a shrub plant, which is distinguished by its thin branches, quite flexible and with a reddish tinge of bark. Often found in Korea, Siberia, less often in Holland, Russia and Northern Europe.
The maximum height of the bush is about three meters. This is one of those shrubs that combines different colors of foliage. So the upper part of the plant is characterized by a rich, deep green color, and the lower - gray-white reflux. However, in the autumn the situation will change and all foliage will turn red.
White sod during the flowering period will delight you with small white flowers. The first flowering occurs, as a rule, in the second year of the plant’s life. White turf is not too whimsical, which makes it a very successful plant for planting and often chosen.
White turf is frost-resistant and heat-resistant, it will well tolerate planting in the shaded corners of the territory, it does not impose any special requirements on the soil.
In the process of growth, the plant is characterized by exposing the lower part so that this does not occur, carry out regular, at least once a season, cutting the top of the white turf.
Application of white turf
Widely used for the implementation of decorative thought. Very successful group planting with him, as well as the hedge will look good. The shape of the plant can be given the most different at your discretion.
It should be noted that in recent years the plant of this species has become very popular among gardeners.
Among all forms of turf, the most famous are:
- Silver-bordered, distinguished by the fact that the edges of the leaves is white border;
- Shpet, a characteristic feature of which is a wide yellow color strip passing along a leaf;
- Siberian stands out shoots juicy red hue;
- Kesselring, the characteristic difference is dark maroon shoots, in some places reaching black.
In landscape design, the first two forms of white sod are most often used - these are silver-edged and Shpet.
Planting white turf
- Planting white turf must be made in the spring. During the spring, summer and autumn the plant will undergo an adaptation period and take root well. As a result, wintering is safe for young bushes.
- Planting white turf should be in well-consecrated places, but not because the plant does not tolerate shade, no. Just if you'll use the planting as a decor, you will need to preserve the saturated color of the leaf plate, and in the conditions of shaded plantings, the color may lose its brightness.
- If you plant white turf with deepening of the root neck, it will not cause any negative consequences.
- You can independently prepare the soil mixture for planting white turf. He is not too whimsical and demanding, but he will feel best with this ratio: earth, peat and humus in equal proportions. All mix well and, behold, the soil for your bushes is ready.
- If the soil in your area is clay, it is not bad to plant it before planting with sand, and if it is light sandy, then the situation is reversed, respectively, clay should be added.
- It is possible to put a drainage of pebbles or broken bricks on the bottom of the landing pit, but this is not at all mandatory for white turf.
White turf care
Top dressing white turf
Even if you have good soil, fertile soil, you can feed the plant, and you can’t talk about poor nutrient soils.
It is best to feed twice a year. It is quite natural that these will be the spring and summer seasons when the plant is in the active stage of its growth and development.
So, in the spring, please white turf with mineral fertilizers, and in the summer, humus or compost will serve as the best top dressing.
Watering white turf
Watering is done two to three times in one month. One bush plant will require up to two buckets of water.
If the plant does not grow for a long time, only the first or second year, then it will require more powerful and frequent watering. However, this approach will be correct for so many species of young ornamental shrub plants.
Loosening white turf
The process of loosening is done actively only in the early years of the growth of white turf. A young plant requires more care. Loosen the ground to a depth of five to seven centimeters. This procedure will not only enrich the soil with oxygen, but also show itself as a method of weed control.
White Sod Trimming
- Old twigs must be cut twice a year, in autumn and spring. Crohn will require to be thinned. The best time in the spring before the buds bloom, and in the fall, preferably before frost.
- Summer pruning can be done, but not necessarily. Summer pruning is needed when there are many damaged, withered or sick shoots.
- Cut off the shoots of white turf in such a way that at least two to three buds remain on the branch.
This is a prerequisite for pruning.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com - Julia