Felt shoes are incredibly practical. In addition, it will warm the feet in any cold. It is no coincidence that valenki are still popular in winter. For rooms, you can create a cozy analogue - felt slippers. Beginner needlewomen often sew them from the finished material. Those who want to learn felting, should choose the technique of wet work with wool.
Felt shoes are 2 types. It is sewn from a layer of felt, which speeds up the process. Also slippers roll themselves. In the 2nd case, we need some knowledge of the process. Felt is obtained from wool. She laid on the pattern at different angles, and then moistened with a solution of water and soap.
The most important thing in technology is to carefully beat off the workpiece. Felt material is obtained due to the fact that wool fibers begin to stick together under the influence of liquid. In the end, after some time, a solid canvas. On the one hand, there is nothing difficult in the technique. On the other hand, it is necessary to observe all stages of the technological process. Otherwise, felt shoes just fall apart when worn.
Slippers of felt: use an old sweater
Some lovers of needlework stop sewing sewing slippers from felt that the necessary material is not sold in stores. You can make it yourself from the most ordinary worn jumper. The main condition - it must be wool. Pre-sweater is placed in a washing machine and washed at the hottest temperature. This will help to pile wool fibers. When you pull it out, you will see that instead of mating you have a smooth felt cloth in front of you.
After that, go to the most difficult - the construction of the pattern. Slippers of felt will be unusual. Shoes sit tight on the leg and in appearance will resemble moccasins. To get a good result, you should carefully build all the details of the pattern.
Let's start with the measurements. Put your foot on a piece of paper and mark the length. We draw a small line on the protruding part of the heel and on the fingers. Then we determine the width of the foot. You also need to measure the height of the heel. We do this from its base to the probable point of the top slippers. The final measure is the length of the front. We measure it on the top of the foot from the fingers and to the top of the slippers.
These measurements are used when building patterns. The following parts should be obtained: the base-sole (1 pc.), Heel (1 pc.) And the top (1 pc.). We pin the cut out paper patterns to the dumped sweater, we trace with chalk, taking into account the allowances for the seams. Cut the parts out of felt. By the way, the base can be strengthened with a piece of kozhzam. In this case, cut out another 2 parts from it.
Go to the stitching. First, connect the heel with the upper part. The first part in the right part lies under the second. It is better to sew them with a sewing machine. In this case, you need to put a suitable needle, which will not break, passing through dense felt.
At the end we accept the workpiece to the sole. Felt slippers are ready! In addition, they should be covered with contrasting threads. It is best to go through the circumferential stitching along the edges of all parts. This will make felt shoes even more comfortable to look at.
Slippers do-it-yourself: pattern
You will need:
- Several sheets of medium thickness felt
- Pattern Paper
- Gypsy needle
- Waxed or any other strong thread
- Print the pattern details on the printer or redraw them on paper. Cut out blank templates. Put on the felt and circle, adding 5 mm to the allowances at the seams.
- Cut out all the details. Take the gypsy needle and sew the upper arched parts to the bases of the slippers. Make it dense stitches forwards the needle. If the felt is not particularly thick, then you can sew slippers on a typewriter.
- Go through large stitches around the perimeter of the base details. Slippers are ready!
- Make them more festive in several ways. So, you can tack on the upper part of a textile application of thick cotton. Felt slippers embroidered with beads look very festive.
Slippers made of wool: master class
This option is a bit more complicated. The thing is that you have to put a lot of effort to pile wet wool. By itself, the technique is extremely simple. Some skilled workers simplify the process with a vibration grinder or call for help from her husband. You can try for the first time to make slippers for the child. With them you can handle it. Adult shoes made of felt is made by the same analogy.
You will need:
- Non-spinning wool of the desired shades
- Soap solution
- Pimply film
- Rolling pin
- Paper and pencil for the pattern
- Felting Needles
- To begin with, we build a pattern. To do this, we completely circle the foot. You can also use the pads - with their help, wool slippers pile up faster. The pattern should not completely resemble the foot with all its curves. It corresponds to it in length and width. We need these measurements to create a larger pattern for felting. It will be wider and longer than the real leg, because wool in the process of felting sits.
- We take the desired value, multiply by 35 and divide by 100. The length and width are calculated using this formula. We transfer the values obtained to the paper, and it is better to immediately onto the film, as the pattern will periodically get wet.
- Lay the wool over the patterns. This is done in several layers in different directions. After each layer, sprinkle the billet with water and roll very strongly with a rolling pin. We turn over each template with the other side. Bend the wool on the heel and toe. Again, we begin to lay out the strands, wet and roll slippers with a rolling pin. There should be about 6 layers in total.
- At the penultimate stage, we roll wool with our hands. We put on gloves, sprinkle the blanks with soapy water and carefully beat them off with our fingers and the edge of the palm. So the fibers better interlock. You will feel how slippers become more dense. Wallows until they become the right size.
- Go to the decoration. With the help of needles and threads of different colors, we apply any pattern on the blanks. Then again go to the wet felting.
- In the end we rinse the slippers from wool under running cold water. So all soap will leave them. In the still wet blanks make a cut. To do this, we retreat from the heel a few cm. We make the incision symmetrical vertically. It should be such that the foot easily entered into each slipper.
Making baby slippers from felt
Photo assembly of different models
Shoes made of felt can be sewn or knit from wool. It may look like the usual slippers or small textile moccasins. In both cases, it is necessary to make patterns of the product. If you want to knit wool slippers, then remember that it should be about 35% larger than the required size. That is how the product will sit down after all the manipulations with water.