Silverweed Nepalese is a perennial flower that has been known since ancient times for its beauty and magical properties. The name of the plant was due to the shape of the leaves, which resemble the trail of animals. It is often used to create alpine slides, rockeries, hedges, border decoration, etc. The flower looks great alone, as well as in a group with other plants.
Silverweed Nepalese: rules of care
- The plant is quite unpretentious, which makes it popular in floriculture. For growing ideal semi-shaded and rather damp place. If there is no such thing in your garden, you can plant it in the sun, but remember that direct rays will spoil its coloring. Potentilla does not like a deep shadow, because it lacks light, and it ceases to bloom.
- The soil for growing is better to choose loamy, then the plant will provide a beautiful and abundant flowering. This species of Potentilla tolerates frost well, but it is recommended to cover it for the winter anyway. For good growth and flowering, we should not forget about timely watering, weeding from weeds and loosening the ground.
- In spring, the Nepalese silverweed needs feeding. Complex mineral fertilizers are suitable for this. Be sure to prune shoots and remove dry leaves and branches. In the heat, provide additional watering to the plant and spray it with water.
- The easiest way to grow a decorative silverweed on your plot is to plant a seedling. With the onset of spring, a fossa is dug up, about 60 to 70 cm deep. A drainage of lime gravel is poured at the bottom of the pit, sprinkled with soil and a seedling is planted. Fill the pit with a mixture of turf land, humus and sand. Fertilize the substrate with mineral dressings, pour and grind sawdust. Within a month, seedlings should be watered with separated water once a week. After reducing the watering, but make sure that the soil does not dry out.
- Like any plant, silverweed is susceptible to diseases and pests. The main disease for her is rust. It is easy to identify it - yellow-brown spots appear on the leaves, which lead to the deformation and drying of the shoots. At the first sign of damage, immediately treat the plant with fungicides. Parts that are heavily damaged by rust should be removed immediately. Among the diseases also often can be found aphid, which is easy to get rid of with the help of insecticides.
Variety "Miss Wilmont": growing from seed
Potentilla variety called "Miss Vilmont" is distinguished by bright flowers of rich color. The plant reaches up to 50 cm in height, has straight and branched stems of purple color. The flowers are quite large and collected in paniculate inflorescences, have a rich pink color and a dark eye.
Plant seeds "Miss Wilmont" in the spring (March - April). It is possible to plant both under glass on seedlings, and in the summer in the open soil. The landing technique is quite simple. Seeds are placed in the ground and powdered with soil. The first shoots will appear in 2 - 3 weeks, if you have observed the optimum temperature for their growth (at least 18 degrees). Dive seeds after 1 - 1.5 months in the allotted place on the garden plot. Best of all, the variety "Miss Wilmont" grows in fairly bright places, prefers loose soil with nutrients. Every 4 years you will have to divide the bushes, and to improve growth do not forget to feed the plant.
Silverweed "Flower Carpet": features of the variety
Unique perennial variety that will provide long-lasting and beautiful flowering on your site. It grows well from seed and tolerates frost. The “flower carpet” can be used both in single plantings and in groups on flowerbeds, alpine slides, ridges and mixborders.
The color of the flowers is coral-pink. They are collected in paniculate inflorescences and bloom from June to September. This variety is well adapted to various conditions and unpretentious. But for its lush flowering is better to provide sunny areas and moderate watering.
Useful properties of the plant
- Potentilla is used not only as an ornamental plant, it has found wide application in traditional medicine. Potentilla rosacea is rich in tannins, so it can be used for wounds, inflammations and various pains. This plant was used to treat thyroid about half a century ago. The healing properties of Potentilla have been used in the treatment of goiter, hyperthyroidism, metabolic disorders, gastrointestinal tract, and hormonal disruptions.
- With timely use, potentilla helps get rid of benign and malignant tumors. Herbalists advise using this plant for liver, digestive tract, heart and vascular diseases. Due to its antiseptic properties, silverweed promotes the quickest healing of wounds, elimination of dysentery, enterocolitis and colitis. Preparations which include lapatka improve intestinal peristalsis, blood composition, remove toxins and alleviate the condition in atherosclerosis.
- A decoction of the rootstocks Potentilla useful for inflammation of the oral cavity, stomatitis, sore throat and gingivitis. Powder from Potentilla sprinkled purulent wounds, process boils, ulcers and acne.
Potentilla Nepalese - a beautiful plant, which is often decorated with garden plots. It is unpretentious, and its useful properties will help to cope with almost any ailment. This plant is simply indispensable for creating alpine slides, garden arboretums, rabatkah and mixborders. Do not be afraid to plant potentilla with other plants, it will not lose sight of this.