The shelf for footwear - a thing, necessary in any apartment or the house. Although the choice of this piece of furniture is wide enough, it is not necessary to buy it at the store. Try to make the shelf yourself so that it fits perfectly into the space of your home.
How to make a shelf for shoes: photos and description
The shelf for footwear made of a cardboard box, the most budgetary option. There is a place for your shoes, and for sneakers, and for sandals. In addition, in the hallway, it will take very little space. This is very important for those who have a small corridor.
- On the box that you have (from under the TV, the refrigerator, it doesn't matter) with a pencil and a ruler mark the contours of the blanks - rectangles with a length of 30 cm and with the width of the side of the cardboard box. The number of parts depends on the desired height of the shelves for shoes. Now cut out the blanks. It is convenient to make a knife for cardboard.
- Each rectangle is folded as follows: divide it into 3 equal parts, 2 side bend into triangles. Do the same with each of the blanks.
- Then all the workpieces loosely overlap each other so that the grooves for the pair of shoes are left, and fasten them with scotch tape.
- After that, fasten all the parts together with staples taken from the cardboard box.
- It is recommended to install the shelf in the hallway at the side of the cabinet, securing it well.
- If desired, the product can paste over the remnants of wallpaper or self-adhesive film, which would give it a more neat appearance.
DIY shoe shelf: features
A handmade shoe shelf helps you keep your shoes comfortable.
First decide which model you need - horizontal or vertical. In addition, your shoe can be both open and closed. This, above all, depends on the size of the hallway and the taste of the apartment owners.
In the vertical shoebox the shelves can be both horizontal and reclining. There may even be built so-called carousel. Initially, measure well the place where the shelf will be located and determine its size. Now decide what it will be made of. Different materials will be suitable for the manufacture of a shoebox, but the most affordable option would be a chipboard.
Mark on the material with a pencil all the details. First of all, the walls, back, shelves and door, if it is assumed. Determine the distance between the shelves in accordance with the shoes that will be stored here.
Now carefully cut out all the parts and work the edges with sandpaper. Mark the attachment points in advance. Fasten the shelves first to the back wall, then to the side. If there is a door, it is fastened with hinges.
If you are planning to build a carousel in a shoebox, then a metal pipe will be needed for its manufacture. From chipboard cut as many circles as you need shelves. The diameter of the circle, choose in accordance with the size of the proposed cabinet for shoes. In addition to these circles, prepare and circles with a diameter smaller (2 times less than the main). They are fastened under large ones, it is with their help that the shelves will be fixed on the pipe.
In addition, for the reliability of the whole structure, fasten 2 metal corners under each small circle. In the closet carousel attached with small circles - above and below the base of the shoemaker.
Shoe shelf can be horizontal. In this case, on top of it, arrange a sitting place, which will be very convenient for pereobuvaniya. Then calculate the height of the shoebox so that it is comfortable to sit on. Its assembly is done in the same way as a vertical structure.
Shelf for shoes: photo
A shoe shelf is so easy to make with your own hands that it becomes a significant alternative to shopping options. Such a product has a number of indisputable advantages. This is cost-effective, ideal compatibility with the interior of your apartment, matching the dimensions of the shelf of the shoes that you intend to store on it.