Sheflera - quite unpretentious plant of subtropical countries. There, this plant is called the "tree-octopus" for inflorescences that look like octopus tentacles. But in our conditions, the chef does not bloom. The indoor variety of the plant is known as the umbrella tree. Its leaves are very similar in shape and location to the umbrella umbrella.
Sheflera belongs to the group of decorative indoor plants. Her leaves are shiny, leathery, arranged like the spokes of an umbrella (moving away from one point of the stem).
The stalk reaches a height of 2 m, petioles depart from it, on which the leaves sit. Usually they are from 4 to 12.
Types of cheflers
- Sheflera radiant - a beautiful bush at a young age and a magnificent tree, up to 2.5 m high, in adulthood. This is the most common form for growing indoors.
- The following types are less common for sale: Sheflera finger andSheflera Eight Leaf. The first type is very low, compact, the second - with bright veins on the leaves. These species are somewhat difficult to grow compared to a radiant chef.
Location in the house cheflera
Since the chef is unpretentious in care, absolutely any room of your home will be suitable for her. Bad cheflere will be only in the kitchen. Indeed, despite the high humidity of the air, the plant suffers from heat.
A small young plant can be safely put on the windowsill of the western and eastern sides of the house. But avoid direct exposure to ultraviolet radiation! In the summer, keep cool in the room where the chefler grows. For her, it is very important.
Sheflera will be an excellent decoration of your living room, bedroom, nursery and even the hallway.
Care chefleroy at home
- Lighting - bright diffused sunlight.
- Temperature moderate, in winter not lower than 12 ° С. Temperatures above 20 ° C in the summer are very undesirable for cheflers.
- Air humidity increased. Requires frequent spraying of the leaves.
- Watering in the cold season - moderate, in the warm - plentiful.
- Breeds Sheflera at home is quite difficult. For rooting summer cuttings, it is necessary to use phytohormones and lower heating.
- Transplanted plant in spring every other year.
Sheflera - a subtropical plant, which is extremely necessary to maintain high humidity. For other environmental factors, it is not very demanding.
See also:What if the chef drops leaves?
In general, the chef is unpretentious and will live at home for a long time. It can be placed in any cool room in the house, and children will like it with its shiny leaves, resembling an umbrella opened in the rain.