Sewing and tailoring for beginners seems to be something complicated and incomprehensible. But having tried once to sew a jacket, skirt or dress according to simple patterns, many change their point of view. This article is dedicated to those who are just beginning to learn the mysterious world of threads, needles and sewing machines, but already really want to try to create their masterpiece.
Sewing and cutting for beginners: basic aspects
Sewing any product begins with the construction of the base pattern. Pants, skirts, dresses, sundresses or shirts have their own characteristics of taking measurements and applying them to the fabric. There are so many features for building each pattern that they deserve a separate article, so today we will not go into the wilds of mathematical calculations and geometric principles. We will consider simple options for how to make a pattern-base for beginners, take measurements and build schemes.
To build any drawing, it is initially necessary to take measurements correctly. You can do it this way:
- Taking measurements of chest girth, waist, hips and neck, sleeve length is as follows.
- The height of the thigh, chest, length of the product and other details are measured as follows.
- The width of the shoulder and back, as well as the depth of the armhole and the length of the back to the waist are measured like this.
After all measurements have been taken, they are put on millimeter paper or correct the finished pattern of the product.
If you have already tried to sew yourself, then you should know that some individual parts need to be "customized" in the process of work, so it is most convenient to mark them with dashed or wavy lines in the pattern. In addition, ready-made patterns in magazines are very often given without a seam allowance, professionals know about this, but beginner craftswomen must add 1.5–2 cm along the edge.
To build patterns of various parts of clothing there is no need to completely take all measurements. For example, for a skirt it is enough to know the waist and hips circumference. But its length can be calculated in this way.
Much more measurements will have to be removed for sewing pants or shorts. But the leading positions in the number of measurements are taken by dresses, where, in addition to the main sizes, it is necessary to take into account the silhouette and features of the figure.
Unfortunately, there is no possibility to describe all the features of building measurements in one article, but if you are interested in this topic, you can always find a lot of additional material on our website.
We sew for yourself: patterns with description
All women seek to update their wardrobe. Some regularly go around the many shops and boutiques in search of new items of clothing. And those who know how to sew at least a little, can afford to update their wardrobe with enviable regularity on their own. In addition, these things turn out exclusive and you can not worry that on the street you will meet a girl in a similar dress.
Pattern simple blouse
Cut with a smell, a lot of folds and assemblies - it is always fashionable and beautiful. How to cut and sew the details of the blouse, it will be clear if you look at the scheme.
Effectively blouse will look if you sew it out of soft jersey bright colors.
Pattern skirt "Tatyanka"
Cutting the pretty popular skirt "Tatyanka" can be carried out directly on the fabric itself, since the drawing is quite simple and looks more like a rectangle:
- Take 2 necessary measurements: the volume of the hips and the desired length of the skirt.
- Then along the hem, fold the fabric inwards with the front side and draw the necessary lines on the material with the help of chalk. Be sure to also add some fabric to the extra folds.
- Since the skirt will sew on one side, the cutting must be done on the fold side.
- Then we cut the fabric and sew all the parts on the sewing machine.
The simplest type of cardigan can be stitched in just 10-15 minutes. For this we need only a piece of knitted fabric and a bit of cutting and sewing skills:
- Spread a piece of cloth on a flat surface and make cuts for the hands in the places indicated in the photo.
- Then process the edges of the cuts with a neat seam on a typewriter. It will not be superfluous to sew other edges of the cardigan, including the collar and side backs.
- The finished jacket can be decorated with embroidery, sequins or a volume brooch.
Patterns things for children
Children very quickly grow out of clothes, it would seem that quite recently you bought your baby new romper, dress or pants, and they are already small. That is why it is much more convenient and economical to sew clothes on the child independently. So your child will be the most fashionable in the yard, at school or kindergarten, and you can always cut and alter clothes again.
Newborns grow faster than other children, and clothes for them sometimes cost more than adults. It is quite possible to sew such sliders on your own, but simple patterns are clear and understandable even for a beginning craftswoman.
Advice: for a baby it is best to choose soft, anti-allergenic fabrics, for example, fleece, flannel, organic cotton, flax. For girls, it is advisable to choose materials of bright colors, boys are more suitable neutral and blue tones.
Pattern baby dressing gown
This little fashionista will suit the housecover of their own production. Approximate sizes on the pattern are easily adjusted to any growth and parameters. The drawing itself is so simple and clear that no further explanation is needed here. The only thing that can be added to such a home costume is to embroider a robe with beautiful threads or to make a cute fabric appliqué.
Pattern child's dress
An attractive baby dress with polka dots for a girl aged 1 to 2 years old is very easy to do, following the pattern:
- Fold a piece of cloth in half, and then measure the height.
- Make the necessary indentation of 2 centimeters below and above the product.
- Check the size of the chest circumference and waist, make darts on the shoulders and mark the neckline.
- On a separate piece of fabric, draw a rectangle for the skirt.
- Make a collar and a belt out of contrasting material.
All the dress takes about 90 cm of fabric.
It is not enough just to be able to sew, cut and select the right patterns, every designer, even a beginner, must have a developed imagination and good imagination. After all, this is the only way to create simple, but ingenious and unique wardrobe items.