The style of the apartment interior influences a lot. It not only creates a special atmosphere, but also affects the sense of self and mood. Therefore, it is important to think through the decor of all rooms. Recently the Scandinavian style is especially popular. Its distinctive features are calm colors and natural materials. However, there are other features of the Scandinavian style, helping to turn the apartment into a cozy quiet place.
Scandinavian style in the interior of the apartment
As it becomes clear from the name, the style spread throughout the world from the northern countries. This is partly due to its main features. Many Scandinavian designers believed that it would help create a comfortable home in which you want to live. It really is. Unlike other directions, the style does not impose a rigid framework for apartment owners. Almost any simple thing can easily fit into it. You will not need to worry about everything in the rooms located strictly in their places.
The Scandinavian style in the interior, despite its minimalism, is quite flexible. Its basis is lighting, environmental friendliness and a special color palette. Oddly enough, all 3 components are directly related to the traditions and nature of the northern countries.
- Lighting is the main style-forming factor. Residents of the Scandinavian countries lived in fairly tough conditions. Long winter and short summer were not enough light. As a result, this problem was solved by using a large number of fixtures. The interior can be used not only chandeliers, but floor lamps, sconces. The main thing - similar materials and form. In addition, special attention in the Scandinavian style is paid to the windows. Usually they are made fairly wide and tall. In most cases, the window frames are painted white, which creates a visual effect of diffused light.
- The color scale of the Scandinavian style is rather restrained. The main focus is on pastel colors. Again, they help to create the appearance of good lighting and visually make the room larger. Do not think that the color scheme does not allow to bring bright spots into the interior. Despite the fact that the Scandinavian style is actively used white, beige, peach and so on. pastel colors, it is permissible to use, etc. colors. Light colors are diluted with turquoise, blue, green. It is permissible to use contrast. For example, a combination of black and white is a great base for the Scandinavian style.
- Environmental friendliness is manifested primarily in the materials used. It is also associated with northern traditions, in which the main role is played by respect and respect for nature. In most cases, the floor is covered with wide, uncooked boards. Under the ceiling, in large rooms, beam supports are constructed. Furniture is also used wooden. It may not be processed. As a decorative or functional element, you can put vintage tables and cabinets. They should be sanded and repainted under the Scandinavian style. The main condition is the simplicity of the lines. The shape of objects should be concise, and the things themselves - comfortable. Therefore, in the Scandinavian style use a variety of mobile furniture, which splits or acts as a transformer. As for sofas and chairs, it is better to use a soft version. The overall harmony of the interior is created with the help of various upholstery and bedspreads. They must match the color of the room or, conversely, be contrasted to it. It is better to use natural or blended fabrics. Upholstery can be made of gabardine or other furniture fabric.
Photos of good options and design tips
The Scandinavian style in the interior, whose photos give a complete picture of its specificity, is impossible without a variety of details. Textiles play a special role in it. The main requirement for it - natural materials. Curtains are often sewn from flax or cotton. They are quite light and are rather an element of decor. In fact, the curtains do not perform a dimming function. Light passes through them easily. For this purpose, medium density fabrics are used.
On the floor often put a carpet of pure wool. It can have a long nap or a smooth surface with a geometric pattern. The use of animal skins or styling for them is also allowed.
The style is characterized by deliberately rough textures of wood and planks. Wicker furniture and rattan baskets can be used. The decor is made of shells, fir cones, and tree cuts. All this gives the interior its own unique flavor.
Walls most often paint or put decorative plaster on them. As additional elements can be used pieces of wallpaper, made in the form of a strip or panel. It also looks good brick or log cabin. Of course, the latter is more suitable for home. In the space of an apartment, it is easier to make a false wall by simulating some kind of texture.
Particular attention should be paid to decorative trifles. First of all, they include various vases, figurines, paintings. Again, they can be simple shapes from different materials. Some things can be decorated with your own hands, using everything that can be found in the forest. For example, making a candlestick from twigs or decorating a mirror with them. To revitalize the interior is to use pots of flowers. They can be placed in wall pots, on shelves, or on window sills. Green spots of indoor flowers will enliven the room and help create a cozy atmosphere.
We design the Scandinavian style
The style is especially suitable for small kitchens. Due to the light and light color of the walls, the rooms become visually more spacious, which is especially important in the conditions of small apartments. Such an interior assumes a special meticulousness in relation to storage. Comfortable sliding and wall cabinets, hanging shelves, made in an interesting manner, allow you to make the kitchen functional. As for furniture, the dining table can be made of wood, and work surfaces - from modern materials. Scandinavian style allows the use of plastic. In the kitchen, it will be most welcome due to the simplicity of care. To create a harmonious interior in the room, you can use the same lamps as in the living room. Continue the style and textiles. On kitchen towels, tablecloths, napkins can be printed, already decorating the other room. All textiles should be natural - from cotton and flax.
On the advantages of the Scandinavian style can talk endlessly. Decorators, designers and architects include:
- Visual expansion of the room. The effect is achieved through pastel colors and the use of additional lighting. Also contributes to the absence of various doors and partitions. In such interiors is much easier and better to create zoning. This is especially interesting to look at in small rooms. As a result, you will receive in a small room recreation areas and work.
- Efficiency. It will not take a lot of money to create a unique interior. The necessary stylist will help create the most simple items and materials - paint, wood, inexpensive textiles.
- Comfort. Scandinavian style does not accept pretentiousness. The most common trinket, lying in its place, can perfectly fit into its minimalist concept. You do not have to adhere to a clear arrangement of furniture or sacrifice your comfort.
Scandinavian style is ideal for those who appreciate simplicity and comfort. Its main goal is to fill the room with light and make it as comfortable as possible. Especially the Scandinavian style in the interior is suitable for small rooms, which it visually makes more spacious. Its main features include a large number of lighting fixtures, light colors and comfortable furniture made from natural materials. All this creates an incredible atmosphere of comfort in the apartment.