There are many ideas for recycling old things, which, moreover, help to decorate the house. For example, you can make different rugs from knitted t-shirts. These interior elements are created using different techniques, many of which are quite simple.
How to tie a rug from old things?
There are ways to make a carpet without any professional tools. For example, you can use a regular hook. Also for beginners suitable technique to create a carpet on the basis of the finished.
You will need:
- Unnecessary t-shirts
- Thick iron knitting needle or hook
- To begin, prepare the materials. From a burlap we cut a rectangle of the necessary size. We take old t-shirts. They should be cut into wide strips of the same size. Knitwear is best. It is more pleasant for tactile sensations. Moreover, in open sections it does not form an untidy fringe.
- After we have prepared the fabric, proceed to the direct manufacture of the carpet. To do this, carefully look at the burlap. It is woven so that you can easily notice the small cells of weaves. We need to hook one of the sides with a hook or knitting needle. It will be a few threads. In the resulting hole stretch a piece of knitwear. With both hands, pull both ends up. They must be equal in length. We tie them in a knot. If you look at the wrong side, you will see there only a neat weave.
- According to the method described above, we continue to pull knits of knitted fabric in any direction - vertically or horizontally. As a result, we get a cozy rug from old things with a kind of "nap".
- If you do not know where to buy burlap, then it can be replaced with a conventional plastic backing for carpets. It is made in the form of a grid, which facilitates pulling knitwear. The substrate is usually sold in all stores selling carpets.
Another simple model of a rug from old things involves the use of a sewing machine.
You will need:
- Old things
- Burlap or thick woven backing
- Sewing machine
- Things cut into short wide strips. Their length depends on what pile you want to do.
- We take burlap or thick fabric. We also cut it according to the size of the future rug.
- We impose pieces of fabric parallel to one of the sides. They should be located in 1 row. After that we stitch them in the middle. So we fasten the fabric. Fold the segments to the side. Next to the place of attachment impose the following. Stitch them in the same way. According to this principle, we fill all the free space. As a result, you should get a rug with a nap of cloth.
Rug of braids: making
This option is considered to be the next in complexity. In addition, more time is spent on making this rug.
You will need:
- Any unnecessary things
- A piece of thick fabric on the substrate
- Gypsy needle and strong threads (can be replaced with a glue gun)
- First we need to cut all unnecessary things into long pieces. Our pigtail will consist of them. Their width should be the same. The length may be different.
- The resulting pieces of fabric sew to get a long strip. It is more advisable to do this invisible seam. You can also stitch the fabric on the machine. In this case, the strips are folded face inward and stitched in a slice. You can also try to make the seam more invisible. To do this, try another option. Apply the strips on top of each other so that they become one. Overlap should not be very large. Then stitch it with a zigzag.
- After you have formed long cuts. We turn to weaving. We take 3 strips and begin to perform the usual pigtail. We continue until the whole piece of fabric is over.
- After that, we think over the shape of the rug. It can be round, square or rectangular. From the dense fabric cut the desired shape. With the size is also better to decide in advance.
- We take threads or glue gun (the second option is preferable, the work will go faster). We impose the formed braid of fabric on the substrate. We sew it with invisible seam from the inside. You can also just stick it on the glue gun. In this case, the mat can not be wet. Fill the entire surface of the substrate with a pigtail.
Crocheted rug from old things: how to do?
Such a rug can be made in several ways. For example, some needlewomen perform it in the form of a large circle.
You will need:
- Old knitwear
- Big hook
- We take knitted T-shirts and cut into long ribbons. To do this, make an incision in the lower left corner up. "Climb" scissors at a distance that suits you in width. This value will then be the thickness of the finished segments. A few cm is enough. Then we start to move to the right side. Movement is performed parallel to the edge. Without reaching a few centimeters to the right side we stop. Then again make an incision from the left corner. At the end, straighten the resulting part. She came out with us double. We make a diagonal cut to separate our strips. So th us formed a huge piece of matter for the rug. For convenience, you can roll it into a ball.
- Go to the very knitting. To do this, perform the most common circle. We collect several air loops and close them into the ring. Then we begin to tie them with single crochets in 2 loops each. We continue to knit, adding in each circle a few loops. We carry out a crocheted rug from old things until it reaches the desired size.
Another 1 option involves the use of thread. It is better to opt for acrylic yarn, it is stronger and cheaper.
You will need:
- Several skeins of colored threads
- Old t-shirts
- To start again, cut the T-shirts into stripes. To do this, we make an incision on the front at the height of the required width of the segments. Retreat from the lower left corner. We make a horizontal cut with scissors, not reaching the right side. Then continue to repeat this step. Need to start from the left side. Then we cut the double detail so that we get a single segment.
- We take the thread and collect about 30 air loops. We close them in the ring. We return to the resulting cut of fabric. We hold it in the right hand and at the same time we begin to perform the columns without single envelopes in the dialed loops. The fabric should be braided like columns. We carry out this step until we reach 30 loops. If you want to make a rug round, then in the following rows you will need to knit 2 columns in a loop. For oval applications you need less. In this case, at the end of each row, add 2 columns without crochet.
A rug from old things is a great way to decorate a house. It is best to choose for him knitted t-shirts. The reason is simple - knitwear does not form a fringe of thread at the edges. The rug can be crocheted as a regular circle. There are also other techniques - pulling pieces of fabric through holes at the base and forming a pigtail mat.