Roses are beautiful flowers that many girls love. The sweet scent relaxes, calms and lightens the mood, but there is more to come than these beautiful flowers are capable of. Roses have healing and cosmetic properties that can give you beauty and help and get rid of some health problems. So, do not get rid of withered buds, their petals can still be useful.
Rose Jam: Recipe
Rose jam is an original dessert that is recommended on a low-calorie diet for diabetics. This jam is especially common in eastern countries and Europe.
- Granulated sugar - 1 kg
- Rose petals - 500 g
- Water - 2 tbsp.
- Citric acid - 1 tsp.
- For rose petals, cut the bottom white part, rinse under running water and dry. Place the petals in a glass jar, add a small amount of sugar and add citric acid. Leave the petals for 1 hour.
- Fill the remaining sugar with water and boil the syrup. When the syrup is ready, add petals and boil until thick. Cool the prepared jam and pour it into jars.
Rose Petals Sauce
- Blackcurrant juice - 4 tbsp.
- Dry rose petals - 300 g
- Lemon juice - 6 tbsp.
- Granulated sugar - 150 g
- Dry mustard - 1 pinch
- Water - 0.5 l.
- In rose petals, cut the bottom white part, rinse under running water and dry. Fill the petals with water and leave overnight. In the morning, put water with petals to boil until almost all the water boils away.
- In the resulting broth, add lemon juice, currant juice and sugar. Stir all ingredients and place in glass bowl. Top with mustard and refrigerate for a day.
- Rose petal sauce will be an excellent addition to meat, game or fish dishes, giving them a piquancy and unusual flavor.
Rose water: a recipe
- Granulated sugar - 30 g
- Water - 1 l
- Essential Shrovetide Rose Petals - 100 g
- Boil the water and cool it. In a glass dish, lay rose petals, cover with cold boiled water and add sugar. Leave the mixture for 2 hours, shake and strain through a strainer.
- Store the finished product in the refrigerator. Rose water is great for skin and hair care. It perfectly nourishes and moisturizes. One of the secrets of the most beautiful queen, Cleopatra, was that she washed herself with rose water every day.
Bath with rose petals: how to cook?
Bath with rose petals has unique properties to give the skin smoothness, youth and elasticity. To prepare such a bath, you will need pieces of gauze, rose petals, sea salt, oatmeal, 12 drops of pink and lavender oil.
Mix in a separate bowl of 1 tbsp. sea salt and oatmeal, aromatic oils and dry rose petals. In each piece of gauze, put 2 tbsp. cooked mixture and tie. Pour hot water into the bath, put the aromatic bags and leave for 10-15 minutes. Bath with rose petals is ready!
Rose petals: how to make butter?
- Rose petals - 200 g
- Rose oil - 3 drops
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- Sunflower seeds - 2 tbsp.
- Crush the rose petals in a special mortar. In a 250 ml bottle, put the seeds, chopped rose petals and pour vinegar over everything. Cap the bottle and place it in a well-lit area for 2 weeks. After that, strain the mixture and add 3 drops of rose oil.
- The finished oil is ideal for massage, aroma baths and skin care. It improves the complexion, smoothes shallow wrinkles, eliminates pigmentation, softens and moisturizes the skin. In addition, you can add rose oil to homemade masks, lotions, creams and conditioners, enriching them with nourishing properties.
Mask with rose petals for combination skin
- Mineral water - 300 ml
- Rice or Oatmeal Flour - 70 g
- Rose petals - 100 g
- Vodka - 3 tbsp.
- In a separate bowl, fill the rose petals with mineral water and vodka for half an hour. Strain the resulting infusion, add the flour and stir to a thick cream.
- The finished mask is applied to the skin of the face, neck and chest for 30 minutes, then washed off with warm water. After applying the mask, it is recommended to lubricate the skin with cream.
Rose petal mask for improving complexion
- Honey - 2 tbsp.
- Egg yolk - 2 pcs.
- Alcohol - 1 tbsp.
- Rose petals - 100 g
- Fill the rose petals with alcohol and place in a dark place for 2 - 3 days. Strain the finished tincture, add the beaten yolk and honey.
- Apply mask on face. After 15 to 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- For optimal results, it is recommended to perform the procedure 2 - 3 times a week.
Rose has excellent cosmetic and healing properties. You can purchase dried petals at a pharmacy or flower shop, and also prepare yourself. Try using this product in cooking recipes. The delicate fragrance of pink buds will make a simple dish an exquisite delicacy!