If the oval, flat, light brown color and no larger than 5 mm in size, the creature shares a bed with you, rest assured that this is a bug. A bug is never alone, but somewhere nearby there are comrades hiding. We need to urgently take action until the occupier has expanded the territory of the seizure. What remedy for bed bugs at home is considered effective?
Getting rid of bedbugs once and for all
Bedbugs feed exclusively on human blood. They are active at night: taking advantage of our helplessness during sleep, they invade the bed and move along the skin. Insect anesthetizes the place where it is going to sting. So the moment when the bug bites, we do not feel.
Each insect makes a whole path of four or five bites, located about one centimeter apart. The attack lasts 15-25 minutes. After that, the bugs disappear as quietly as they came. They find a new place-cache to digest their portion of blood. Each female gives birth to about 500 voracious bugs. Their diet is once every three to four days. And bedded eggs are difficult to detect.
How to get rid of bedbugs at home? Use the following basic guidelines:
- Never despair - by acting methodically, you will win.
- Take all measures to prevent the spread of these pests in your home.
- Destruction of bedbugs can combine three methods - mechanical and chemical plus folk remedies.
- Clearing the area should be carried out methodically and completely: the entire colony of bedbugs must be destroyed.
- The treatment must be repeated three times.
- Warn neighbors about possible expansion. And do not be ashamed to be ashamed, because the matter is not your cleanliness at all. Insects have come to your home from the outside. In collective housing this can happen to anyone.
Avoid common errors during processing:
- Do not shake the bedding-infected bedding out of the window, otherwise they will settle on the facade of the building and return with a vengeance.
- Do not take to the evacuation of the mattress, do not pull it through the entire apartment and down the stairs, risking to completely contaminate the room and the stairwell.
- Take steps to eliminate the possibility of moving bedbugs to the rest of your apartment.
To prevent the spread of pests throughout the apartment, you need to surround them. Begin treatment by spraying an effective remedy for bedbugs at home based on the existing death pest No. 1 natural insecticide. Process around the perimeter baseboards, doors, windows, thresholds, places around electrical outlets and switches at a distance of 20 to 30 centimeters. Then treat all surfaces of the premises:
- carpet covering;
- hollow sections of the eaves;
- stuffed animals;
- the contents of cabinets and drawers.
Particular attention should be paid to the places of insects. The closer you are to the bed, the more you will detect pests. Here it is proposed to use the best remedy for bedbugs at home - the insecticidal drug "Karo", represented by 400 ml aerosol spray. This is the most powerful tool for the destruction of eggs, larvae and adults. Spray kills in 45 seconds and remains active for 12 weeks.
Processing the bed - another important step in the fight against bedbugs. Take sheets and pillows and, without shaking, put them in a large garbage bag, then spray the insecticide into it and close it carefully. Thus, you can deliver bed linen to the washing machine, without polluting the rest of your apartment.
Carefully handle on the spot all the seams on the mattress, as well as fasteners, stickers, interlacing between the slats of the bed. By analogy with bed linen process clothes and household items: bags, shoes, toys, carpets, etc.
In addition to the proposed insecticides, you can use any toxic chemicals, which are in a wide range of commercially available. When using poisonous substances, be extremely careful and strictly follow the instructions on the package. Keep these products away from children.
Mechanical processing is needed in addition to chemical. In addition, it is more economical and does not cause habituation or resistance to bedbugs. They can not stand either heat or cold, so let's play on these two natural weaknesses of pests:
- After the chemical attack, walk around the apartment with a vacuum cleaner and thoroughly clean the room from the corpses of fallen enemies and their larvae.
- A temperature of + 60 ° is enough to kill the bugs, their larvae and eggs. Arm yourself with a steam cleaner or an industrial dryer and go again to those hidden places that could withstand chemical exposure and aspiration.
- Wash all textiles at the highest possible temperature for them. The recommended water temperature threshold is + 60 ° or + 90 °. Instead of a softener, pour vinegar into the washing machine.
- A 48-hour stay in the freezer will surely kill bedbugs and their eggs. This procedure is very convenient for down and all objects that can withstand the cold. In winter, if you have a balcony or a garden, you can put on frost clothes, objects, furniture, etc.
Do you know that bugs live on earth from time immemorial? Archaeologists have discovered mummies of bugs in the tomb of the Egyptian Pharaoh, which is more than 3 thousand years. Can you imagine how many bugs were crushed during this time? The people have accumulated a wealth of experience in dealing with these pests. Sin does not take advantage of this experience.
So, to get rid of bedbugs, you can use these popular methods and means:
- Bedbugs can be scary. In addition to cold and heat, they do not tolerate the smell of bitter herbs, such as tansy or wormwood. Spread grass around the apartment in the places most likely to accumulate insects and just wait for the bedbugs to start a mass exodus.
- Another deterrent is vinegar solution. And the higher its concentration, the better. Vinegar shows greater effectiveness in combination with other chemical elements. For example, you need to take in the same proportions of alcohol 90%, naphthalene and vinegar. The solution can be used as an aerosol.
- Impact on the smell. Bedbugs do not tolerate the smell of ammonia. The mixture consists of 10 g of ammonia, 40 g of benzene and 150 g of denatured alcohol. Pour the solution into the saucers and place in places of the greatest accumulation of bedbugs. Remember that it is toxic to pets.
Only a carefully carried out treatment by any means described together or separately is the key to getting rid of bedbugs as soon as possible. Do not leave insects a single chance to never meet them again.