Every hostess wants to have a spacious and multifunctional kitchen. But to organize the space in this area is extremely difficult. There are many little things that are always needed at hand, and there are not enough cabinets and drawers for them. In this case, it is time to apply more original solutions - rails for the kitchen. How to locate and what is the advantage of such systems? Here we will talk about it today.
How to arrange rails for the kitchen?
The main condition that must be observed to make any dish tasty is that nothing should distract from cooking. That is why many cooks strive to place all the necessary items in accessible proximity. Retractable cabinets and drawers for storage of dishes, of course, very functional, but not always convenient. So, special railing systems have been developed.
Under the railing understand the long crossbar, which is attached to the surface of the cabinets or on the wall. It can comfortably place ladles, knives, blades, beaters and other kitchen utensils.
It is necessary to buy rails depending on the location of the structure. Suspended systems are divided into the following types:
- Horizontal - placed along the wall, under or on the cabinets. Such designs are very popular and allow you to place on them almost any fixtures.
- Vertical - placed along the floor and ceiling, mainly on the corner worktops or bar counters. Such devices are used for glasses, bottles or fruit.
- Tiered - represent several adjacent structures, which are most often attached to a wall free from cabinets and other furniture. On such rails can be placed almost any kitchen utensils, including pots of flowers.
- Suspended - mounted directly to the ceiling and most often they are placed above the table in the center of the kitchen. Such devices are suitable for large rooms. You can even place small pans and pots on the suspension railing.
- In addition, the mounting rails in the kitchen should be made taking into account some of the subtleties:
- The crossbars for kitchen utensils are best located in close proximity to work surfaces and divided into zones. For example, it will be more convenient to hang rails for small dishes near the sink, and spices for spices stand next to the stove.
- It will be inconvenient to take the necessary items if you arrange the rails directly behind the stove or under the hood. The thing is that the heat from the dishes will burn your hands, and the working hood will help the fat to settle on the surface of the structure.
- If you have to cook a lot, it is much more convenient to install a special knife holder next to the work surface.
It is recommended to fasten the railing system at a distance of at least 40 cm from the table top and 5 cm from the hinged locker.
In addition to the main crossbar, for the convenience of placing all the necessary items in the store, you can purchase such additional accessories for railings in the kitchen:
- dryer for forks, spoons and knives;
- shelf for detergents;
- fixture for spices;
- hinged shelf for plates and covers from pots;
- foil and food film holders;
- a towel hanger;
- stand for books with recipes;
- magnetic mount for knives;
- glass slats.
When buying these accessories, make sure that they fit your base.
Installation of kitchen rails
Installing rails in the kitchen should begin with measuring the length of the working surface on which you intend to mount the structure. Based on the results, you can accurately measure out the required length of the strap and consider what additional accessories you need to buy in the store. As a rule, installation of rail systems is possible in two ways:
- to the wall;
- between the cabinets.
Let's figure out how to mount rails directly to the wall.
- water based marker;
- electric drill;
- building level;
- mounting kit.
- To start with a hexagon from the mounting kit, do not screw the small screw into the holder body too tightly.
- Next, screw the screws into the mounting base so that it fits freely on the sleeve.
- Now put all hangers on the railing (hooks, shelves, etc.), insert the tube into the holder and firmly fasten with screws.
- After that, you can proceed to the markup. Using a tape measure, determine the required gap from the table top upwards so that it is convenient to place the dishes on the railing.
- Mark the height of the holder on the wall with a marker and drill a hole.
- In the armhole, drive in a dowel of a suitable size and fasten the holder sleeve securely.
- Install the railing horizontally and mark the second hole. To accurately measure the desired point, use the level.
- Drill the second hole and fasten the holder in it as well as on the previous side.
- Insert the cap tightly into the pipe ends. Now you can use the railing freely.
This is the principle of assembling a simple rail design, and for more complex devices use the following scheme.
Rails - this is not a new-fangled whim of housewives, but a fully justified necessity. With this design, kitchen appliances and dishes will always be at hand. In addition, to care for such a device is quite simple - it is enough only occasionally to wipe the railing with a damp sponge.