Pruning trees is one of the types of care for fruit trees. Another important goal of pruning cherries and cherries is to improve their fruiting. Stone trees, which include cherries with cherries, need regular and timely pruning. Thanks to the pruning, taking into account the fruiting and features of their growth, the viability of trees is significantly improved, their productive period and yield increase.
Pruning a sweet cherry in autumn
During the autumn pruning in cherries should form a cup-shaped or sparsely-tiered crown. Sparse-tiered crown create on the varieties of cherries with good branching. It is usually formed from 6 main branches. On the first tier, you must leave 2 adjacent branches of the main order, and the third, which should be 20 cm higher than them. On the second tier, you must leave only 2 branches. This tier should be at a height of at least 70 cm from the first. Above the second tier at a distance of 35 cm from the branches form 1 branch. With this method, the central conductor, one year after the last single branch is formed, is cut out.
In the formation of the crown is very important to pay attention to the angles of discharge of branches. The wood of the tree is fragile and, if the branch breaks off, a deep wound can form, which leads to illness and even the death of the cherry. The most optimal angle of branch separation is the angle from 450 up to 500.
We can not tolerate the whorled arrangement of the branches. By 2 half-skeletal branches form on the branches of the lower tier. They must be placed apart from each other and from the trunk at a distance of 50 cm and best formed from branches that have an inclined position, or, in extreme cases, give it a garter. If the cup-shaped crown is formed above the shtamba, 5 skeletal branches are usually laid for it.
In the first 5 years, sweet cherry is prone to active growth, forming long one-year increments that need to be shortened. From their length it is necessary to leave no more than 45-50 cm. In order to form semi-skeletal branches, pruning should be carried out when the shoots become 70 cm long. They need to be shortened by 20 cm, taking into account that it is also necessary to observe the subordination of the shoots. Those shoots that will not be used to form the base of the crown, cut to 30 cm. The crown of cherries is shortened in height to a height of 5 m, cutting the skeletal branches above the outer branch. All wounds formed after pruning are treated and covered with garden pitch in order to stop the abundant gumming at the cherry.
Pruning a cherry in the fall
Pruning cherries mainly depends on the variety of each particular tree. The cherry itself has two types: tree and bush. Bushy cherries form hanging long growths that thicken the crown. They need to form in the form of a non-tiered crown. It is important to regularly thin out the crown, cutting large branches and leaving small ones. And the cherry tree has a narrow-pyramidal shape and high crowns. Its crown is formed by trimming along a sparsely longline view.
First order skeletal branches must have less than 400 the angle of departure from the vertical, to prevent the tree from breaking as it grows.Cherry trees bear fruits on the bouquet branches, so as soon as the crown is formed, pruning is carried out, removing the dry, intertwining and broken branches. Appeared strong gains on the lower and inner surfaces of large branches are removed.
Cherry sredneroslyh and vigorous varieties in the fall shorten, cutting off on the side branch of the center conductor. So, with the help of circumcision, the reduction of the crown is carried out in high-growth to 4 m, and in low-growing ones - to 3 m. In the following years, when the increase is reduced to 15 cm, it is necessary to carry out a rejuvenating pruning. It is held once in 6 years. Annual strong growths are thinned, slightly shortening, which helps speed the formation of bouquet twigs.
Basic rules for cutting cherries and cherries in autumn
- If you prune very young trees of cherries and cherries, it will slow down fruiting.
- To get a strong skeleton, you need to cut out all the branches that can compete, claiming the role of the top.
- If the annual gain is weak, pruning is needed strong. Weak growth is considered if the shoot extends less than 0.3 m.
- In some cases it is better to cut a large branch from the crown than a lot of small ones.
- As soon as you decide to cut the branch, immediately think about replacing.
- If cutting a branch with a diameter of 1 cm wider is carried out, it is better to cover the wound with a garden pitch so that it heals faster.
- Pruning cherries and cherries should be carried out every year in the fall or in March before flowering.
- After pruning, there should be no branches at an angle of 450.
- Fruiting of cherries and cherries most of all depends on the growth of the branches. Branches that grow horizontally, will yield more abundant and earlier.
- Pruning should be done with sharpened knives, sharp garden saws, abandoning secateurs. They greatly harm the ends of the branches.
- To speed up the growth of branches, it is better to reduce the number of flower buds.
- After the pruning is completed, the branches should be removed from the garden to avoid pests.
Usually, there are 2 main methods of pruning cherries and cherries in autumn: thinning and shortening. When pruning is done by shortening, only parts of the increment are removed. In the 2nd year, cherries and cherries shorten by 1/3 young branches more than 60 cm long. As the trees grow, pruning is done in the autumn depending on the size and shape of the crown. Pruning in the form of thinning is carried out by removing broken, rubbing, sick, dry, intersecting, growing at an acute angle and in an undesirable direction of the branches. Pruning cherries and cherries in the fall is a prerequisite for the care, growth, regulation of fruiting and the extension of their productivity.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Yuliya