This cute and funny animal can bring joy to all family members with an interesting, unusual look and funny habits. The dandelion is absolutely safe. and, unlike other species of rare animals, specially bred for breeding at home. To the joy of communication lasted for many years, it is necessary to learn the basic rules of caring for her. It is their knowledge that will help preserve the health and extend the years of your pet's life.
Red-eared turtle: care and maintenance
- Pontoon can be contained not only one, but also a group. Only in this case it is necessary to remember that it is undesirable to keep very different in size or males in the same aquarium.
- At home, a snail turtle needs an aquaterrarium of at least 150 liters in volume., since they can be as long as 32 cm. If there is a possibility and the area allows, it is better if it is larger.
- In the aquaterrarium, land should occupy 25% of the area.. To create it, you can use earth or gravel, and make the coast inclined so that the gravel does not fall into the water. The water level should not be less than the width of the shell of the turtle. Water should be clean, and the temperature should not be below 20 and not above 260C. You need to change the water at least 1 p. in Week. To keep it warm, it is better to place the aquarium next to the battery or to place inside a heating pad for aquariums with a thermostat.
- TOraznauhaya turtle loves to bask in the sun, therefore, an ordinary incandescent lamp should be placed above the aquarium, equipping it with a source of dosed ultraviolet radiation. An ultraviolet lamp is necessary for the development of shell and normal growth, but it must have low power, so the medical lamp will not work. Recommended distance to install the lamp - 1.5 m from the aquarium. It needs to be turned on for 5 minutes 2 p. per week, gradually increasing the time to 30 minutes.
Pond turtle: the secrets of nursing
- The water in the aquarium should be changed as it is polluted, and before pouring it into the reservoir for the pet, defend it, especially if it is chlorinated.
- Electropomp and filter in the aquarium will help to keep the water clean for a longer time, and then it is enough to change it 1 p. per month.
- The land bank should be of such a slope that the turtle could easily go out and enter the water, and to the touch coarse, but not scratch. Wherein let the land be 30 cm lower than the edge of the aquarium, otherwise the traveler will have to look around the house.
- For ultraviolet irradiation, the red-eared turtle is best removed from the aquaterrarium and allowed to dry. Only then irradiate it at a distance of 50 cm. At night, heating of any kind is turned off.
- In summer, in sunny and warm weather, a bug can be taken out on the grass to receive natural sunbathing.
Feeding a red-eared turtle at home
Feeding a red-eared turtle at home plays a special role, since its health and life depend on how nutritious and balanced the nutrition is. The main food for turtles are products of animal origin, but with age, the need for plant foods begins to increase.
The snail turtle is very fond of shrimp, insects, worms, snails, crustaceans in any form. There are also special foods for them, but sometimes they can not completely fill the lack of vitamins and trace elements. If you decide to feed the turtle with food, then remember that it eats almost everything, just do not abuse meat. If the nutrition of the red-eared turtle will consist only of meat, vitamin A deficiency and rickets may be the first causes of deterioration of its condition. Also, if you feed her with raw meat from the first days of your stay, then she will reluctantly switch to another feed, so you should immediately give her a variety of feed. It is best to give a small amount of lean meat in boiled and raw, along with other products.
The longha turtle perfectly eats raw fish, aquatic plants. If you put a duckweed in an aquarium, she will gladly include it in her own diet. From vegetable feed, you should pay attention to leaf lettuce, anaccharis, young cabbage, boiled water boiled water before consumption, spaghetti, spiroogiru, water beetle, ceratotopteris. You should not use elodey, ambulia and lagengenra, they may be poisonous. The red-eared turtle is very fond of cucumber slices, clover, watermelon peels, dandelions. The young turtle needs to be fed every day. After 2 years it is enough to feed her no more than 3 p. in Week.
It is very good if in the diet of the red-eared turtle immediately appears gammarus in live or dried form and will be present there constantly. If a week, 1 p. If you give her liver, you will not need to add vitamins to the feed. At a young age for a turtle remains an issue of calcium. The easiest way to compensate for the lack of calcium is feeding the turtle with a lean small fish. If you give a spite to a turtle sprat, sprat or capelin, bought in the store, then before that it must be soaked for 2 minutes in hot water. To replenish some of the elements in the water of the aquarium, you can add mineral water.
It is not so difficult to care for a red-eared turtle at home, the main thing is to follow the basic rules for keeping and feeding. But before you start such a turtle, you should know that it will need a spacious aquaterrarium so that it can properly and fully develop, since the length of the shell of a red-eared turtle at birth is 3 cm, and in adults it is 7.5 cm. They grow up to 8 years , increasing size by 1.3 cm per year. Should remember that red-eared turtle lives about 40 years, so appreciate your ability to care for her, so that sharing you only pleases you, not tired after a few years.