The plant got its name in honor of the Dutch scientist and naturalist V. Pizo. Most often used for growing at home umbrella umbrella. Occasionally, the appearance of pisonia with a cream-pink edging of leaves also goes on sale.
Appearance of pyzonium
This plant, at first glance, very much resembles the well-known ficus. It looks like brilliant ovoid leaves, but sticky resin stands out like ficus. Because of her, pyzonia is called a "trap tree". The leaves are usually not pure green. They have silvery spots or with creamy-pink edges. Stalks of pisonia strongly branch. The plant blooms with very small flowers. They are white, tubular. Then sticky fruits develop instead. However, pyzonia blooms in room conditions not so often.
Location of pyzonium in the house
In any room of your house, a pysonia will feel good if conditions allow. You can place it in the bedroom, nursery, living room, in the bath, as well as in the kitchen. Yes, anywhere! If only in the room where pysonia grows, it was warm and there was sunlight. Windows are best to choose from the west and east side. Both southern and northern ones will do, but there may be problems with care. It is important to know that the plant loves fresh air, but is afraid of drafts. Do not take pyzonia on the open balcony.
Quixone is grown at home because of the beautiful leaves. It belongs to the group of ornamental leaf indoor plants (read the article Species of indoor plants). All the basic conditions for the maintenance of plants in this group, of course, fit pyzonium. Pyzonia has its own preferences.
- Lighting. Pisonia prefers a bright light, but protect it from direct sunlight.
- Temperature moderate in winter should fall not lower than 12 ° C.
- Air humidity should be fairly moderate. In the summer it is good sometimes to spray the leaves.
- Watering moderate. The soil should dry out between watering. Water a little, do not pour pyzonia.
- Breeds summer stem cuttings. It is good to use phytohormones for rooting cuttings.
- Transplanted in the spring of a year.
From the beginning of spring to the end of summer, pisonia, like other plants, is actively growing. Therefore, it must be fed every two weeks. Pisonia is fed in winter once a month.
Pest and disease diseases
- Pisonia amazed spider mite. It may appear due to too warm and dry air. If the silver spots on the leaves of pyzonium become gray-brown, then at this stage the spider mite can be washed off with water. But if there was a web, do without insecticides will not work.
- Pysonia is affected and shield. The plant is wiped with soapy water and treated with a solution of actellic.
- Due to low air humidity may occur thrips. You will see light points on the leaves. Help from thrips Aktellik and fitoferm.
- Piso can harm mealybug. The growth of the plant usually stops, and a white sticky down appears in the axils of its leaves. Remove the parasite with a cotton swab, and then wash the treated areas with water.
- Pyzonia Sick gray rot and powdery mildew. For powdery mildew, spraying with a fungicide or garlic solution will help. In order to prevent this disease, it is necessary to loosen the soil regularly and also ventilate the room. Gray rot appears at low temperatures and high humidity. It resembles mold. The solution of a foundation or a topsin-M will help to cope with this disease.
Perhaps the guests of your house will mistakenly accept your plant as a ficus. You can always correct them and tell them how pyzonia differs from ficus in external manifestations and in care.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot