Persimmon - a plant brought to us from China and Japan. In our country, it can be found in the Krasnodar Territory, and then in its southern part. The plant is extremely thermophilic. Slowly called "plum of the gods" for the fact that in its composition there are many vitamins and other useful substances. In addition, its stunning, specific taste, as well as the pleasant mouth-watering amber color, will not leave indifferent either the child or the adult. It turns out that this miracle tree can be grown at home.
Growing persimmon pits at home
- Before you start growing persimmon at home, you need to take care of seed quality. The quality of the future seed can be determined by the quality of the fruit. The correct fruit is not frozen and ripe, and its skin should not be damaged. For the persimmon fruit to ripen completely, it needs some time to hold it somewhere warm. When the persimmon ripens, you can enjoy it with pleasure, leaving the bones directly for planting.
- Cooked for planting bonespersimmon must be placed for a couple of days in a solution of potassium permanganate. This procedure is necessary so that the persimmon does not catch any disease. It has a strong sensitivity to various kinds of pathogenic microorganisms. In addition, in the process of this procedure unsuitable for planting seeds emerge, which will help you not to be mistaken in the correct choice of seeds.
- As growth stimulator for persimmon You can use aloe juice, which must be diluted in water. For half a glass of water you need to take 1 tsp. aloe juice If you trust more ready-made products, you can buy a bioregulator in the store.
- For germination, seeds are placed between layers of gauze, which must be wetted in a solution of water and aloe. Gauze with seeds is placed in a plastic bag. The package must be closed so that it remains air. However, the germination process can be further accelerated. To do this, the package must be sent to the second shelf of the refrigerator (the temperature should be about 5-6 degrees). Keep the seeds in the refrigerator need about 2 months. The top and sides of persimmon pits can be rubbed with sandpaper. It will also help the seeds to sprout faster.
Planting persimmon at home
- After you have prepared the seeds, place them in a shallow pot with an edge. The pot should be filled with a wet mixture consisting of sand and peat. Seeds should be placed in the ground to a depth of no more than 1.5 cm. The pot on top must be covered with glass or cellophane and placed in a warm place.
- While the pot will be warm, the soil should be regularly ventilated and moistened. Usually, After 2-3 weeks you can get the first sprout of persimmon. Small sprouts that are not yet strong need to be helped to get rid of a heavy bone. In order to carry out this operation, you must arm yourself with scissors and tweezers and carefully open the bone yourself.
- When the plants have the first two leaves, their need to seat on separate pots. The optimal size of the pot is considered to be if it is placed with a basal ball and a little bit of soil on the sides and bottom. If there is too much land, the plant may be threatened with souring and root rot. A small plant can be placed under a glass jar. In this case, the persimmon must not forget to spray and air. Each time the time spent by a plant without a jar must be increased. Thus, the plant gets used to the environment. Two months later, the persimmon must be transplanted into a large pot., using the transshipment method.
- It is worth remembering that if you started growing persimmon from the stone at home, fruits you will wait only after 7-8 years. The persimmon starts blooming in June. During flowering, it is best to take the plant outdoors to be pollinated by bees. The place where the plant will be located, should be calm and well lit, free from direct sunlight. With the onset of winter, the leaves of persimmon fall, and the plant goes into a resting stage. During this period, it should be in a dark place at low positive temperatures.
- The soil in which this plant is located can be sprinkled with wet sawdust. If you leave your plant for the winter in the apartment, do not forget that you should not allow the soil and the stem to dry out. In the period of early spring the plant is placed in a larger pot in the way of waddling, it is watered and the plant is placed in a place with a sufficient amount of light. Transplant persimmon will need in the future. This should be done every 3-4 years. However, each year it is necessary to change 5-7 cm of topsoil.
- Also, do not forget that persimmon - a plant brought to us from the tropics. It is not difficult to guess that it prefers light, heat and humidity. In order for home-grown persimmon to grow beautiful and strong, you must create a comfortable tree for the future tree. Try to provide additional artificial lighting plant. It is necessary to provide its giving for 2-3 hours in the morning and in the evening. Also, persimmon needs a place without drafts and moderate watering, which should be carried out regularly.
For persimmon soil enrichment is very important, which should be done every two months. Enrichment should be carried out using a balanced mineral complex with a low nitrogen content, alternating it with organic fertilizers.
Large picturesque persimmon tree becomes, if you give it a crone spherical shape. To acquire this form to a plant, you need to pinch a stem shoot at a height of 30-50 cm. As the branching increases, you will need to leave 2-3 strongest branches and limit their length to 20-40 cm. In the same way deal with sprouts of the second and third orders.
By simple manipulations on the care of persimmon seeds, and then behind the plant itself, you can grow it beautiful fruit tree from the stone at home. First, the persimmon will perform the function of an ornamental plant, and in a few years it will bear the first fruits.