Almost on every household plot there is a plant-liana. Someone vines framed gazebos or facades of houses, someone - plant fences. Long-term vines are able to please us with its green beauty for many years. But some of them do not bloom in our latitudes. At this aspect, you need to pay attention when choosing a plant.
All vines among themselves are divided into woody and herbaceous. Tree vines each spring begin to grow from the point at which they stopped last year. And grassy ones die off every autumn, but the next spring new shoots from their roots appear.
All vines are different. option to attach to the support. Some are attached to the support with antennae, the second - spikes or suckers, and still others require artificial devices created by man.
Most lianas are light-loving plants, shade-tolerant species are found among them.
Light-loving perennial vines
- Perhaps the most common of the vines is girlish grape pyatilistochkovy. This plant is unpretentious and hardy. In height it grows up to eighteen meters. The young leaves of the grapes are red, with age they turn green, in the autumn they turn purple.
- Amur grapesgrows to six meters in height. Blossoms fragrant greenish flowers in May. The leaves during the growing season change color from bronze through green to yellow and red. Fruits are sour, edible.
- Coastal grapes grows to ten meters. The leaves are bright shiny. Blooms yellowish flowers, resembling the smell of rezedu. Therefore, this grape is called "rezedovy grapes." In the beginning of autumn inedible small berries appear.
- Actinidia acutereaches a length of four meters. It needs fertile ground, good lighting and protection from the wind. In severe snowless winters, the ends of the shoots can freeze slightly. Actinidia blooms with white small flowers in early summer.
- Actinidia colomicta- perennial liana. The leaves are white and pink throughout the flowering plant. Then they turn green. In August, actinidia colomikta bears fruit. She needs nutrient soils. May suffer from spring frosts.
- Clematis- quite capricious liana. It is best to plant with plants that have a shallow root system. Otherwise, competition for moisture and nutrients will begin. During the growing season, clematis is fertilized five times. Also in the spring to do pruning.
- Vineyard short-cutted and vineyard acanitolist- creepers reaching a length of three meters. They have beautiful dissected leaves. The flowers are small greenish color. In October, black inedible berries appear, foliage turns purple-red. Rare enough in our gardens, although very unpretentious in the care.
- Honeysuckle Capricole- unpretentious liana. It grows rapidly, reaching a length of three meters. It blooms in early summer, white and cream flowers with a strong aroma. In autumn, orange fruits appear on it.
- No less popular and common among amateur gardeners, is ivy. This is an unpretentious plant, a native of warm countries. In mid-latitudes it can grow up to ten meters. It is used not only for vertical gardening, but also as a ground cover plant. It grows poorly on dry and acidic soils, does not tolerate frosts, especially in snowless winters.
- Lemongrass Chinese- popular liana. Famous for its medicinal fruits. Each year, Chinese lemongrass gives a gain of about one meter. Ultimately grows to ten meters. During the fruiting period, good illumination is necessary.
- Pedicel hydrangea- grows to six meters in the presence of support. Large green to autumn become bright yellow. In mid-summer hydrangea blooms with white flowers, gathered in inflorescences. The soil is preferred acidic.
- Trekhlichnik Regel- reaches about ten meters in height. The leaves are large bluish-green. Inflorescences are white and green. In mid-autumn, fruits of the original form appear. According to him, the plant and gave the name.
Let your garden always be green, blooming and pleasing to the eye! Good luck in choosing vines for the site!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot