Pencil holder does not belong to the category of items needed, but it, at the same time, not only helps to organize, but also to decorate the workspace. This accessory is necessary for those who work with stationery and likes to keep them orderly. The support for pencils is so simple to do with your own hands, that everyone can do it, without a certain preparation.
Stand for pencils and pens: making their own hands
Pencil stands are sold in all stationery stores, but not everyone finds there what he really likes. But this thing can be done by yourself. Depending on the complexity of the manufacture of the stand, you will need different tools and accessories for decoration.
What you need:
- Tin can
- Clerical knife
- Acrylic paints (white and colored)
- Clean and dry the can with a primer.
- Cut the foam into small pieces of various shapes. Paint them with colorful acrylic paints.
- Stick the pieces of foam in a jar, leaving small gaps between them.
- Wipe the gap with primer. Wipe off any excess with a sponge.
How to make a stand for pencils with threads?
What you need:
- Coffee can
- Thick thread (rope)
- Glue for plastics and textiles
- Stand Decoration Materials
- Prepare a can. If there is a paper sticker on it, it should be removed.
- Next, rub the jar sandpaper.
- At the top edge of the can, apply a strip of glue around the entire circumference. And start tightly winding the rope from there. Hide its end under the following turns.
- When almost the entire jar is wrapped with thread, apply the glue again close to the edge.
- Spread the rope on the jar and hide the tip under the coils.
- The stand is almost ready. It now remains to decorate it to your liking.
Pencil stand for hedgehog: a complicated version
What you need:
- Simple pencil
- Carpenter's knife
- A pair of clamps
- Electric jigsaw
- Brush 10-15 mm
- Tesina pine 10 mm
- Colorless Acrylic Varnish
- Sanding paper
- To make such a stand, you need the help of a husband or dad. Using a compass, ruler and a simple pencil mark the details. As a result, for the hedgehog get 5 elements.
- Using the jigsaw, cut out all the parts according to the markup. The main element set aside for a while, distribute the rest in pairs. Now you need to round 1 edge on the right and left parts, respectively. It is more convenient and quicker to do this using a manual milling machine, a semicircular shaped mill with a thrust bearing, but not everyone can have such a tool. Therefore, this operation can be done with a sharp carpenter's knife, gradually removing the chips and thus giving the edge of the part a semicircular appearance.
- When finished with a knife, fold all 5 parts together. If all the elements fit well and you are satisfied with the quality of the fit, then polish the front parts of the chamfered parts.
- Now lubricate the inner sides of the elements of the PVA. Firmly attach them to each other and to the central part. Pull off all clamps.
- The PVA will dry in an hour, which means the final lacquering of the stand should be postponed for this time.
- Before painting the product, remove residual wood dust. You can paint the craft with colored acrylic paints. It is necessary to varnish in 2 layers with intermediate drying.
The support for pencils and pens is not just the necessary subject, but also decoration of a desktop. You can make a beautiful and functional thing yourself. To do this, it is enough to have the most minimal set of materials and tools. Even an ordinary coffee can can become an interior decoration if you decorate it competently and with taste!