A pencil box is not just a school attribute, but a useful thing that will help organize your work space. You can put pens, pencils, felt-tip pens, erasers, rulers, sharpeners, and other stationery items into it. So that you or your child have an exclusive pencil case, you can sew it yourself.
How to sew a pencil case with your own hands?
You will need:
- Canvas, size 18x7 cm;
- 3 multi-colored cut of the 1st and the same fabric, different sizes - 18x4.5 cm; 17x5 cm and 17x6 cm;
- Lining fabric, size 17x18,5 cm;
- Batting, 17х18,5 cm in size;
- Zipper 17 cm;
- Measuring tape;
- Safety pins;
- Needles and notes;
- Sewing machine.
- Lay out on the table colored pieces of fabric and canvas next to each other. Sew all the pieces together with an open seam. Then sew along all the segments with the same stitch. Next, put a piece of fabric for the lining, align them and fasten with pins. Sew them on the 1st side.
- Turn the sewn fabric inside out and attach the zipper so that the lock is to the right and the zipper is hidden by the fabric. Strips on matter should be perpendicular to the lightning. Fasten with pins, then sew.
- Separate the fabric into the lining and the outer part, bend each one so that the free edge touches the other, the non-sewn edge of the zipper. Fasten with pins, then stitch on a typewriter in 3 layers. As a result, you should get a sharp cylinder with a zipper.
- Open the zipper, unscrew the pencil case with the lining out. Lay it so that there is the same amount of fabric to the left and right of the zipper. Pin up the open ends of the cylinder. Be sure to sew a zipper overlocker tape with a zigzag on the sewing machine. Cut off the extra zipper.
Master class from experienced needlewomen
You will need:
- Tube of toilet paper or paper towels - 2 pcs.
- Masking tape;
- Fabric (fleece or felt);
- Threads and needles.
- Cut 1 tube. Glue adhesive tape 1st and most of the 2nd. A small part of the 2nd tube will serve as a lid. Now sew the cover for your pencil case. Bright colors will suit your child - this will also lift your spirits, and the case will not be lost in the baby’s backpack.
- The cover should be freely put on the tube. Sew a zipper into the case and sew the edges. For the lid and bottom, cut out 2 cups of cardboard, stick to them pieces of fabric (you can have different colors than the cover itself).
- Sew the bottom and cover into place.
Pencils for girls: options
Simple pencil case
You will need:
- Bright oilcloth or beautiful fabric;
- Lightning - 20 cm;
- Threads and needles;
- Sewing machine;
- Decorative items.
- Cut 2 pieces of 20x10 cm from the base material. Face the fabric and the snake so that the material is on top of the zipper and gently align the edges. Sew a temporary stitching zipper and fabric, so that it was convenient to stitch on a typewriter. With the help of a typewriter sew on the basting, without touching it. Make exactly the same manipulation with another piece.
- Open the zipper and sew the pencil case along all edges. Turn it and close the zipper. You can decorate the finished pencil case with funny figures, beads and flowers.
Beautiful pencil case
You will need:
- The main fabric for the pencil case is 38.1x43.2 cm;
- Fabric for linings - 38.1 x43.2 cm;
- Wadding - 25.4х43.2 cm;
- Harness - 115 cm;
- Needles and thread;
- Lightning - 40 cm.
- Apply an arbitrary pattern on the main fabric. Make sure that the applied contours can be easily washed off. Fasten the fabric with a batting and quilted on the applied contours. Wash out the contours with a spray bottle.
- Now you can make a frame for lightning. Make the restraints, stitch the main fabric and lining. Attach the face of the limiter to the inside of the fastener frame. Handle the edges of the pencil case with a beautiful rope.
- Make cuts on the folds - this is necessary so that the fabric does not bristle. Sew the outer and inner parts of the pencil case and the lining. Sew them face to face so that the seams are not visible. Remove the pencil case.
- Secure and stitch 1 side. Similarly, make the 2nd, leaving the unshipped portion. Turn and sew a hole with a secret stitch. You can decorate the finished pencil case with flowers or beads.
Selection of photos
Handmade is a fashionable trend that has been gaining momentum lately. Pencil case is a stylish accessory that every student needs. Sewing it is not difficult, and the process of its manufacture can be an exciting game, especially if you attract your child to it. Let him tell about his desires, choose the fabric you like or simply think over the design.