Every girl should have at least one dress in her wardrobe. This applies to all the fair sex: from the newborn crumbs to graduates. If you want your baby to look original, try to sew a dress with his own hands. Patterns of dresses for girls will help you with this, and you can be absolutely sure that no one will have this outfit.
What styles and colors are most popular?
Today, a variety of floral prints are very popular. This may be small daisies or large peony buds, large sunflowers or a scattering of forget-me-nots. All this is very like little fashionistas.
The usual geometric patterns and polka dots do not lose their position. In recent years, the maritime theme has also become very popular. But there are more and more eclectic models that combine different prints. They are popular due to the versatility and unusual outfits.
The choice of style of dress affects the age of the baby. For example, many dress patterns for girls in 2-3 years have a high waist, because these outfits look great on children and they are very comfortable to play. In addition, if the girl is less than 3 years old, it is necessary to take into account her anatomical features, because then the tummy is a little more round, so the model should have a straight silhouette or the already mentioned high waist.
However, the outfits of such styles are not everyone likes. The main subject of adoration are dresses with lush skirts, because in them girls can feel like real princesses. That is why the main trend now are clothes in the style of the sixties, which can be sewn with your own hands, adding to the wardrobe of a little fashionista with a beautiful dress.
Pattern dresses for girls: master class
First of all, it is necessary to take measurements from the baby. As an example, standard sizes for a child 80 cm tall will be used, that is, we will look at how the pattern of a dress for a girl of 1 year is made. With self-build patterns, you just need to insert the obtained values of measurements in the formula.
Materials required for work:
- graph paper (it is better to take it, because it is very convenient to make a pattern on it, the lines will turn out perfectly straight);
- tape measure;
- long ruler;
- calculator (or pre-prepared calculations);
- patterns (to draw the neck sleeve, neck, armhole).
To build a drawing, you need to take these measurements:
- OG - 50 cm;
- OR - 25 cm;
- front length - 22 cm;
- front width - 24 cm;
- back length - 21 cm;
- back width - 23 cm;
- the length of the whole dress is 38 cm.
Step by step algorithm
- At the top right you need to put a full stop, then 1-2 is held down from it - this is a line indicating the length of the product.
- On this line from the first point you need to measure the length of the back and put 3.
- The resulting segment is divided in half, and set 4.
- From 4 you need to measure 1 cm down and put the point 5, from which the horizontal line is drawn. On this line, you need to postpone part 5-6, which will be equal to half the width of the back (we have 11.5 cm).
- The resulting chest circumference is divided in half (25 cm is obtained) and we add a small allowance, for example, 4 cm. The width of the armhole is a quarter of the figure obtained, to which we add 1 cm. It turns out 8.2 cm.
- Apply an armhole, denoting it 6-7, from the points obtained to hold up a couple of lines. Putting 8, we get a segment that represents half the width of the front part, and then draw another line from this point.
- After that, from 2 you need to hold the line to the left, closer to the middle of the front of the dress.
- Then from 3 the auxiliary line is also to the left and put 9.
- From it, after 8, it is necessary to draw a vertical line, which will mark the length of the product in front. It is the length of the back, to which is added 1.5 cm (we have 22.5 cm).
- Then from 10 you need to draw a line until it intersects with exiting from point 7.
- Now from 1 it remains to draw a line that must intersect with the segment leaving 6.
- The pattern of the dress for the girl must take into account the structure of the child’s figure, so you need to change the line of inclination. To do this, on parts 3-9 you need to measure 0.5 cm to the left and put 9a. From the obtained point through 8 a line is drawn up and put 10a. Nearby segment 6-7 is divided in half and you need to put 11, from the resulting point you need to draw a vertical line just down.
- The width of the neck is the sixth part of the neck circumference, to which 1 cm is added. To mark it, we put 12.
- Part 12-13 is a third of the segment between 1-12 (we have 1.7 cm).
Such a dress pattern will fit for a girl of 2 years, only the sizes are taken by others.
The result of all the above actions is the basic mesh, which can be used for sewing dresses. The finished product is decorated with ribbons, applique, embroidery or flounces. Having sewn such an outfit, you will not only please your beloved baby, but also get great pleasure from the work itself, it is so nice to create for your baby.