Is there a difference in tailoring a half-skirt for a girl with elastic and with a zipper?
In the wardrobe of every woman there is a place for a skirt, and among all the models of this product are considered the most universal "pencil" and "sun". However, where more often the girls opt for a half-sun or a quarter-sun, since these models are more convenient for everyday wear. Is it possible to build their own pattern?
Features create a half skirt pattern
In fact, such a product is one of the easiest to work with, because you don’t need almost any measurements or complex calculations, and even searching for a pattern makes no sense, since it is built in a matter of minutes directly for you.
- Decide on the length of the product (CI) and take 1 measure - the girth of the place where the skirt should sit. Most often it is placed at the waist, because it allows you to visually bring the figure to the ideal silhouette - the hourglass. However, girls with narrow hips and initially a good waist can wear such a skirt on the hips, making a low fit. In addition, the cleavage itself can be started from the hip, and a high yoke can be put up to the waist.
- Now imagine a visual detail: a half-sun skirt pattern - with one seam, which is usually located either at the side or behind. However, you can make 2 parts, each of which will be equal to 1/4 of the sun, but this technique does not carry much value. The length of the upper arc is the girth of the place where the skirt will sit. Accordingly, a straight line down - the length of the product.
- Some sources indicate a ready-made formula for calculating the radius - for this purpose, it is proposed to divide the landing point girth by 3, then take 1.5-2 cm. The technique does not always work, especially if we are talking about dense, non-stretchable tissues.
- To draw a part, draw a vertical line on graph paper, the length of which is 2 (R + CI). Now, using a large compass (for seamstresses), or a centimeter tape, draw an arc between the extreme points, creating a semicircle. Do the same for a smaller semicircle, according to the calculated radius.
Sewing nuances for beginners
As for the transfer of the pattern directly to the fabric, before you do this, you need to decide how the product will be fixed on the body: i.e. Will zipper appear in it, or do you want a half-skirt on an elastic band? It is worth noting that there are other options - buttons, hooks, buttons, and all of them should be thought out at the preparation stage.
- If lightning is expected, the seam should be left only 1.5-2 cm on each side. For loose fabric, it may take 3-3.5 cm, since it has to be processed with an overlock that cuts off some of the material.
- If the model is sewn on an elastic band, the width of the drawstring is laid in the upper (small) circle. Moreover, here you can either increase the length of the product to twice the height of the drawstring, or you can make an allowance of 2 cm and cut a strip in a separate section of the material, the length of which is equal to the girth of the landing point, and the width is twice the height of the drawstring. Remember that seam allowances are also added to it.
- If the skirt is fastened with buttons / hooks / buttons, one side of the seam where these elements are located needs to be made wider - about 4-5 cm.