Among the drawings for knitting a special place is occupied by the pattern of the braid, knitted with needles. Schemes and descriptions of such models, useful tools, a couple of tips, a little patience - and a new exclusive item will appear in your closet. In this case, this style of mating is suitable for everyone: both women and men, and even children. The main thing - to choose the appropriate "addressee" braids.
In the closet of a real fashionista or a fashionista, there are always handmade items - for example, knitted sweaters, dresses, jackets. And many of these things are connected with a braid pattern. This pattern was considered one of the most popular at all times. It represents the movement of a group of eyelets left or right in relation to the canvas. Such a seemingly simple trick:
- makes things more voluminous due to the bulge of braids;
- gives expressiveness to all elements of the picture, as the braids are combined with any patterns;
- adds things of comfort - in such a chic sweater it’s good to hide in a rainy day: you immediately feel better;
- does not require complex calculations when knitting.
Tools for knitting braid with knitting needles
To make the pattern beautiful, you need to choose high-quality yarn and the "right" tools. As for the first requirement, there is certainly a matter of taste. The main thing is that the threads should not be too thin, otherwise the braids will not be embossed and simply get lost in the general picture.
But with knitting need to consider some subtleties. Experts recommend using an additional needle for braids, which is a flattened hook with a corner in the middle and straight ends. The pigtail loops are transferred to this device so that they are not lost in the process of crossing. However, experienced knitters have learned how to do without such knitting needles: they simply take off the eyelets and first make a move, and only then knit. That is, it all depends on the skill and dexterity of the fingers. In addition, we need:
- straight knitting needles (or circular if the product is knit seamlessly)
- hook for fastening the eyelets at the end of knitting.
Useful tips for beginners
The beginning needlewoman can also cope with the "pigtail" pattern: there is nothing complicated in this drawing. But some of the tricks of tying up the pattern can still be useful:
- the tension of the thread in the process of mating should be free, otherwise the braids will be overtightened;
- to make the drawing free, you need to take an auxiliary needle one size smaller than the main one;
- for the correct direction of the pattern, remember the position of the auxiliary spokes: behind the blade is a scythe to the right, in front of the canvas - to the left;
- if you do not have special needles for braids, but simply you can’t decide to pull the loops, use an ordinary safety pin.
Patterns of braids for knitting: schemes for successful creativity
In a variety of patterns for knitting, too, has its own fashion. But the versatility of braids makes this pattern in demand and in products "in the hole", and in things connected with "knobs" or the usual stocking viscous. Due to such popularity, more and more variants of braids appear. Consider some of them.
Pattern "simple braid" knitting: diagram and description
If you take up such a pattern for the first time, then start with a simple or double braid. The pattern consists of parallel braids, which are separated from each other by several purl loops. And the more of these purl, the wider the distance between the pigtails.
- We collect 14 loops.
- We knit 3 purl, 6 face, 3 purl.
- We knit the second and all subsequent even rows according to the pattern.
- We knit 3 purl, 3 we transfer to the auxiliary needle in front of the product, 3 we knit it with purl. We put on loops with additional knitting needles on the main one and also do purses. The remaining 3 knit in pattern.
- The fifth row is knit, like 3, but the auxiliary needle remains behind the canvas.
- Repeat steps 2-5 to the required length.
If you move through one even row, the pigtails will be elongated.
Pattern of pattern "royal braids knitting
Triple, or royal, braid looks very original and is suitable for both hats and cardigans.
- We collect the number of eyelets, a multiple of 30, not forgetting about 2 edge.
- We start with the front row.
- The second row and all even knit knit on the pattern of loops.
- Then we remove 5 loops on an additional knitting needle in front of the product, we knit 5 with facial ones, return 5 with an auxiliary one and also knit them with facial ones. We knit 10 eyelets with facial ones, remove 5 behind the canvas and knit them with facial 5, then in the same way removed.
- The following 2 odd rows knit facial.
- We knit 5 eyelets with facial ones, 5 we remove them behind the product with a special needle, 5 we knit them with facial ones, we return 5 ones we remove, we also knit them with facial ones. We remove 5 on an additional knitting needle behind the canvas, 5 we make them facial, we return to the ones we have shot and also knit them with facial ones. We conclude with 5 facial ones.
- The next even series is knitted according to the scheme, starting from step 2.
How to knit embossed braid?
For some products, relief patterns are most suitable - for example, if it is an autumn stylish hat. The pattern of "braids" (we will analyze the patterns and the description of its knitting with needles) in detail will look great even on not very thick threads.
- We collect the first loops (in a multiple of 11), to which we add 2 loops for symmetry and 2 edge loops.
- We make 2 purl, 9 front and again 2 purl.
- Even rows knit in accordance with the figure.
- From the 5th row we start interlacing. We make 2 purses, 3 we remove on an auxiliary knitting device after the product, we knit 3 facial ones, return the ones we removed and knit them with facial ones, 3 facial and 2 purl ones.
- In the 11th row, we change the order of interlacing: 2 purl, 3 front, 3 transfer to an additional knitting needle in front of the canvas, 3 front, again front on the removed and 2 purl.
- Repeat the pattern the required number of times, following the instructions for steps 2-5.
Another version of this pattern suggests a more dense arrangement of the braids. To do this, repeat the interweaving after 1-2 even rows.
Those who want to diversify their set of patterns for needlework, should understand how to knit a pattern of braids with knitting needles. Schemes and descriptions are not difficult to implement, do not require complex mathematical calculations and special skills. It is enough to arm yourself with additional knitting tools, threads of suitable thickness and time. And various combinations of variants of braids will help you create original and beautiful things.