Palm trees are not typical plants for our latitudes. However, many craftsmen decorate their summer cottages with them. And imagine trees take root! However, this is not surprising, because they are made from bottles. If you need a fresh and original solution for decorating a plot or a playground, you should learn how to make a palm tree from plastic bottles.
Principles of making palm
Like the plant itself, plastic models are of various kinds. That is, they differ in the shape of the leaves and the type of stem. But there are a number of common parts for all crafts:
- plastic bottles (1.5 and 2-liter) should be green and brown (you can stock up and some yellow - to give the leaves a natural yellowness);
- base sheet (it can be plywood or iron, cardboard for very small trees - it all depends on the size and location of the palm tree);
- wire or cable for fixing individual parts.
Before proceeding to the manufacture of palm trees, all the bottles must be washed and dried. You will need to prepare sharp scissors and a knife, as well as candles (to give the leaves a wavy shape).
How to make a palm tree from plastic bottles: instructions
Consider the option of high and bulk palm.
- about 350 pieces of 1.5 and 2-liter green bottles (the shape may be different);
- about 100 pieces of brown bottles;
- sheet metal 40x70;
- 2 metal rods (about 70 cm);
- tube support;
- 3-4 m high voltage cable.
- We weld bars on a leaf.
- We put on the tube support.
- Cooking palm leaves. Cut the green bottles in half, finely chop half with the neck vertically, lightly melt the leaves.
- Stringing leaves on the cable.
- Making the trunk. Cut off the bottoms clearly along the contour of the bottle. 2/3 of the length of the billet cut into segments to form a scaly trunk.
- Stringing the billet trunk cable.
- Fasten it to the base of the pipe.
- We put on palm leaves, fixing the cable in the pipe base.
- We bury a palm of 50 cm in the ground for sustainability.
- To hide the lower part of the base pipe, we wind it with a coil of a brown bottle. Palma is ready.
Palm tree with fringed leaves: a step-by-step master class
By analogy with the previous model, you can make a palm tree with fringe leaves. And it looks beautiful and in a small size.
- about 30 pieces of green bottles;
- about 15 pieces of brown bottles;
- thick cable (2-3 m);
- plywood base (you can do without it, if you bury the finished palm in the ground).
- We start with the trunk. Cut off a third of the top of the bottle.
- The rest of the cut into segments, give them a triangular shape (so that it was like the scales of the trunk).
- Repeat steps 1-2 14 times.
- Strung on the cable through the neck of the workpiece so that the parts fit tightly on the base.
- Getting down to the leaves. Cut off the bottom and cut the rest into 3 parts.
- Bend the leaves out, round their ends.
- Make a fringe on the leaves - cut into thin strips across.
- With the help of scissors, we bend the strips alternately up and down to make a beautiful fan.
- We string the leaves onto the cable, fasten it on the trunk through the base. The tree is ready.
- Create a crown. Cut off 2 cm of the bottoms of the bottles.
- Making a hot knife at the base of the hole, suitable for the diameter of the cable.
- Strung blanks on the cable and stuffed on the timber.
- Making leaves. Cut off 5-6 cm bottom of the green bottles.
- With a hot knife make holes for the cable.
- For each branch we create a base from the top. To do this, make a hole in the cover for fastening the cable and string the lower parts.
- Ready branches fasten to the top of the trunk, rewinding cables. The product is ready.
If you are trying to decorate the area unusually, then the instruction that tells you how to make a palm tree from plastic bottles will definitely come in handy. After all, it is a great way of improvised means, practically from recycled materials, to build a unique decor. A little time and patience - and the admiring glances of the neighbors are provided to you.