Mularda is a breed of ducks, a hybrid that was bred relatively recently, was obtained by crossing several species. The creation of this breed was done by French breeders, and only the merits of the species of ducks were collected and their shortcomings were completely excluded. Mulades are considered to be a universal breed that can be bred for meat, liver, or industrial feeding.
Mulardy cultivation at home: breed features
The main feature of this breed of ducks is infertility. Even in spite of the fact that females constantly lay eggs, it is not recommended to leave them for posterity. Mullards are very popular due to their impressive weight, so, as a rule, they are grown to get a fatty liver.
With a simple diet, representatives of this breed consume as much feed as musk ducks, but at the same time they have faster growth rates and weight gain. In just 3 months of life, little ducklings can gain up to 4 kg.
Mularda is a breed of ducks that have excellent health. They have well-developed muscles and quite strong bones. Birds perfectly adapt to practically any habitat conditions, stably and quickly gain weight regardless of feeding, do not show a reaction to a decrease in temperature.
Monthly ducklings can be released near reservoirs. Mularda can be used for obtaining fatty liver, and for meat breeding. The world famous delicacy of foie gras can be made from drake liver. This hybrid species is not found in natural habitats. Mulardy, growing at home and care, require the most simple, so this breed is becoming increasingly popular.
Breed of ducks Mollard has the following features:
- Birds are very clean. This line passed to them by inheritance from musk ducks. Therefore, having reached adulthood, individuals can also be used for sale, and feathers are perfect for industrial use.
- They have a fairly balanced temperament and this is important in the case of home breeding, the mularda, since they do not quack loudly, and will not run all over the site.
- Females start laying eggs on the 180th day. Despite the fact that the female is able to lay a lot of eggs, they will all be fruitless.
- The meat is very high quality. As a rule, females are bred for meat, drakes are used for the liver, because its weight can reach 600 g.
- Ease of removal and care. Birds are unpretentious in food, easily and quickly adapt to almost any growing conditions, have strong immunity.
- High productivity mulardov able to provide delicious meat and fresh eggs.
Dilution of mulard at home
Photo mulardov will help to understand how the representatives of this species. For their home breeding you will need a couple of ducks and an adult drake (Peking and musky breeds). If there is another farm, these ducks need to be kept in a separate room.
As a rule, after a few months the weight of the bred ducklings exceeds the mass of their parents. On condition of normal feeding, after 90 days their weight reaches almost 6 kg. Ducklings should be grown without broods and during the first 5 days it is necessary to observe the correct temperature regime - about 22 degrees. Over the next week, you need to gradually lower it until it reaches 18 degrees.
For the first few days, ducklings need round-the-clock lighting, but starting from the 11th day of life, it is left only at 16 o'clock. Deep bedding must be made, old hay or shavings will be an excellent option. Under the condition of good weather outside, young growth can be started walking a few days after birth, and from 2 weeks of age you can go to the pond.
So that domestic ducks do not suffer from various diseases, every 3 weeks you need to air and disinfect the room in which they live, especially if you plan to soon colonize young ducks.
For the complete destruction of a large number of different pathogens, it is necessary to periodically spray the room with formalin. The litter should always be dry, so periodically change the straw, add chips, etc.
If the ducks are active in the daytime and very mobile, then the bird is healthy. With proper nutrition, mulardy reach optimal weight at 7-8 weeks of life. This breed has a high level of survival and resistance to various diseases, so that today they are so popular.