Today, modular pictures, which can be easily made independently, are becoming increasingly popular. This lovely hobby will be enjoyed by small children who will enjoy spending time with their parents. It is worth being patient, because this hard work will take quite a lot of time, but make the end result proud of their work.
Modular picture do-it-yourself: step by step description
Peacock from modules
To create a peacock, you will need to use 114 white modules, 856 yellow modules, 465 green modules, 1 red module and 1 black module. As soon as all the preparations are prepared, you can start creating origami peacock from modules.
First you need to take the modules of yellow color (you need exactly 93 modules) and decompose them into 3 equal rows. Each row should be 31 modules, with the long ends must "look" out. The models are threaded into each other, after which the ring is carefully closed.
Now the next row is created in which the modules are laid out in the following order - 1 green module, yellow, white, yellow, white, yellow, green.
Then everything turns upside down so that it becomes possible to continue to put the modules on, a rounded shape is created. The result should be exactly 12 rows of modules. Therefore, now 8 modules are added, and in each row it is necessary to reduce the yellow modules located between the green ones by 1 unit. That is, white modules will look like an arrow.
Next from the modules is breast, the modules are laid out in the following order:
- 1st row of breast - 3 green modules, 3 yellow modules, 2 green modules, 3 yellow modules, 1 green module. Moreover, in each row it is necessary to reduce the number of modules by one unit;
- 2nd row of breast - 1 green module, 3 yellow modules, 1 green module, 3 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 3rd row of breast - 1 green module, 6 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 4th row of breast - 1 green module, 5 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 5th row of breast - 1 green module, 4 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 6th row of breast - 1 green module, 3 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 7th row of breast - 1 green module, 2 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 8th row of breast - 1 green module, 1 yellow module, 1 green module.
Once the breast is finished, you need to start creating the neck of a peacock. This part of the peacock is done very quickly and easily, but the most important thing here is to be extremely attentive.
The neck will be made of exactly 17 modular rows. Starting from the 1st to the 16th row, all rows alternate, with 2 white modules in the neck, which are present in the 17th row.
As soon as the neck is ready, you can start creating the head, which is made forward by the short part of the module:
- 1st row of head - 1 green module, 1 white module, 1 green module;
- 2nd row of the head - 2 white modules;
- 3rd row of the head - 1 green module, 1 white module, 1 green module;
- 4th row of head - 2 green modules;
- The 5th row of the head is 1 green module.
It is very easy to make a beak - on the top, where there are 2 green modules, 1 black is put on, after which a red module is attached to it.
Next you need to deal with the creation of the wing, which is done, starting with the chest:
- 1st row of wing - 1 green module, 4 yellow modules, 1 green module. At the same time in each of the next row should be used for 1 module less;
- 2nd row of wing -1 green module, 3 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 3rd row of wing - 1 green module, 2 yellow modules, 1 green module;
- 4th row of wing - 1 green module, 1 yellow module, 1 green module;
- 5th row of the wing - 2 green modules;
- 6th row of wing - 1 green module.
According to the above scheme, the 2nd Peacock wing is created.
Now there is a peacock stand made of modules, which consists of exactly 8 rows:
- From the 1st and 4th row of the stand - there are 27 yellow-colored modules in each row;
- 5th row of stand - 1 green model, 2 yellow modules;
- 6th row of stand - 1 green module, 1 yellow module, 1 green module;
- 7th row of the stand - here you can divide exactly 9 corner fragments - 2 green modules - you should leave 2 free corners between the corner fragments;
- 8th row stand - 1 green module.
- The most difficult part is the peacock's tail, so you have to be extremely careful here:
- 1st row of tail - 9 white modules (located forward by the side);
- 2nd row of tail - 8 white modules (located forward by the side);
- 3rd row of tail - 9 green modules (located forward by the side);
- The 4th row of the tail is 8 green modules (located forward with the short side).
At the very end peacock feathers are created. As soon as the feathers are ready, you need to carefully connect them together, and the stand is attached to the body. The tail is simply put on the body, feathers are attached to the tail - this is done between the corners. The neck and head are bent forward as much as possible, and for reliability you can drop a few drops of glue, so that the neck of the peacock will not break.
Peacock from the modules is ready!
How to make a modular picture with your own hands?
In order to easily create a modular pattern of origami, it is necessary to prepare materials in advance. Particular attention should be paid to the choice of paper. A simple office paper would be ideal, since it is not very smooth, but at the same time rather dense, so the modules will not slip during the connection and will be securely fixed. Color office paper, which is colored on 2 sides, also fits perfectly, and the color will turn white on the folds.
Also suitable stickers, that is, blocks for recordings. For some origami square stickers are suitable, and for others. Rectangular leaves. For rectangular leaves, it will be possible to cut square stickers in half. If blocks of stickers that have a glue edge are used for origami, such a module is created inside with a sticky side.
Modular origami: pictures of the modules
To create crafts you can use not only office paper, but also “kami”. This is a special paper designed to create origami, while it is immediately cut into pieces of the desired shape, most often square. In this case, its value may have minor differences.
In almost all cases, one side of the sheet is white, and the second one will be colored, while there will be several different colors in the set. You can buy paper "Kami" colored with 2 sides or paper with an ornament.
How to make a modular picture: fixtures
To create a modular picture, one must not only choose the right paper, but also other tools. You may need a ruler and a stationery knife. It is very difficult to cut paper with scissors, so it is best to use a stationery knife and cut along the ruler.
Also need and glue. There are origami, for the creation of which it is not necessary to use glue, but in some cases it is simply necessary to secure the structure.
A special adhesive mass often becomes irreplaceable, which is something average between white clay and double-sided tape. It can be easily torn off, rolled into a small ball and attach any part not only outside, but also inside the craft.
Making modular pictures is an entertaining hobby. It will be possible even for children, if parents come to their aid. This picture will decorate any home or will be a great gift for friends or colleagues.