The dolls of the Norwegian artist are becoming more and more popular from year to year: simplicity of work, simplicity of style, charm of a rag doll, conciseness and smoothness of silhouettes, inconspicuous colors - all this contributed to the growth of love for the tildes. They can be executed both in the form of a little man, and a representative of the living world - a cat, a hare, or, for example, a snail. How is sewing such a toy, and how to decorate it?
Pattern of tilde-snail and a workshop on tailoring
First you need to choose the fabric on the basis of which the toy will be created. Craftswomen recommend to pay attention to natural materials without pronounced brilliance: flax, cotton are well suited. Looks good and thin cotton, cambric. The color scheme is selected depending on the style of the product. If you want a toy in natural colors, then take the flesh or coffee color for the base and pale blue, pale green or dusty pink for the sink.
- The life-size snail-tilde pattern is 6 * 8 cm for the shell, and 5 * 10 for the body itself. If you wish, keeping these proportions, you can increase the parameters. Do not forget that you need 2 times more material, because Every detail is sewn from 2 identical parts, because the tilde is a volumetric product.
The process of creation itself is very simple and does not even require step-by-step photos. All you need is to have in front of you a printed pattern, fabrics, tonal threads, a synthetic winterizer or fabric trimmings, as well as several safety pins.
- Cut out the details (each on the 1st unit), transfer them to the fabric from the wrong side. Stepping back from the contour of 1 cm, cut out the details - each should be exactly 2. To make them exactly the same, fold the fabric together, pin it with pins, and cut both layers.
- Now it is necessary to sweep the parts in pairs, leaving a hole of 4-5 cm: it is convenient to do this on the sink at the base, which will be stitched, on the body - in the center of the back, which will close. Through these holes, every detail must be turned to the front side.
- Stuff the body and the shell, then connect them, secure the meeting area with pins and sew. Try to do it carefully, but remember that this section will still be hidden by the decor.
This is the end of tailoring, and the last stage remains, which requires imagination and absolutely any existing decorative elements: from acrylic paints to beads and stones.
Snail tilde trim: masters recommendations
The most interesting stage in any needlework, probably, is the decoration of the finished product. It is here that unique things are created, seemingly released from under the same pattern. Tildes are certainly no exception. Looking at the photos of tilde snails, you can see how completely different models are obtained on the basis of 2 parts. What to use for finishing such a toy?
- Lace. It can be both a full-fledged canvas, and a thin band. With it, it is very easy to hide the seam between the shell and the body of the snail: this zone is trimmed in the first place, because it never turns out to be neat enough to remain without a screen. Lace is either glued or tied with thread in tone, very small and sparse stitches.
- Knitted items. Most often they are crocheted, thus they become similar to lace. There are quite a few small details - a flower, seated on the head of the snail or along the spiral of the shell, leaves, also running along the edge of the shell.
- Fabric applications. It is also quite popular decoration option, both with small elements and larger ones: for example, a butterfly sat on a snail, or a lush rose on its head.
- Beads and beads. Most often they make out the shell, creating patterns on it or completely covering it with a beaded colored canvas. Also, small beads can be used as eyes and smile lines, or add them as hearts of flowers.
In conclusion, it should be said that tildes today is one of the easiest ways to tailor an individual toy: it is fast, easy, and even a child can. Their peculiarity is in the naturalness of the materials used, as well as the absence of fine features. Usually skilled workers are limited to blush, puffy nose and black beads-eyes.