Maranta - rather low plants. They love humid air, protection from direct sunlight, do not tolerate cold and cold drafts. They are not very difficult to grow, in general, they unpretentious care.The amazing feature of arrowroot twist the leaves for a night long been noticed by people. Therefore, maranta nicknamed "prayer plant". This name marante came up with the English people.
Appearance of arrowroot tricolor
Maranta rarely reach a height above twenty centimeters. They belong to a group decorative leafed indoor plants (read the article "What are indoor plants"). The most attractive for gardeners in the maranta leaves. They are rather large, oval-shaped, green with red veins and small patches of light green smears on both sides of the central vein of the leaf.
Types of arrowroot
- The most common is the form of arrowroot, which is described above - Maranta tricolor.
- The wild form of arrowroot with pure green leaves at home is very rare.
- Usually, in addition to the tricolor arrowroot, the following types of arrowroot are offered for indoor conditions: arrowroot belozhilkovaya (with white veins, not as widespread as tricolor), arrowroot two-color and a variety of arrowroot with two rows of brown spots (does not form tubers).
Location in the arrowroot tricolor house
Since the plant loves light, but does not tolerate direct sunlight, place arrowroot away from windows. Or choose the windows of the western and eastern sides of the house and shade, for example, with tulle curtains.
Maranta perfectly green your living room. It will look great also in the bedroom, in the kitchen, in the nursery and even in the hallway. But if you decide to put it in the hallway, where there is little light, from time to time it needs to be reanimated - put it on lighted places in other rooms, again not forgetting to tint.
Caring for arrowroot tricolor
- Lighting. Penumbra. Direct sunlight should be avoided; in bright light, arrowroot leaves brighten. In winter, you need to keep it away from direct exposure to light, preferably in the back of the room.
- Temperature moderate. Poor tolerance arrowroads sudden changes in temperature. In winter, the ambient temperature should not fall below 12 ° C.
- Air humidity moderately abundant. Regular leaf spraying is required.
- Watering plentiful, warm soft water. In winter, watering is reduced.
- Breedsdivision in transplanting plants. Pots with multiplied parts of the plant are covered with plastic wrap, put in a warm place, waiting for their rooting.
- Transplanted arrowroot in spring every two years.
Pests and diseases arrowroot tricolor
Pests at arrowroot tricolor are extremely rare or not at all. Perhaps, to them maranth is stable. But there may be other unpleasant moments when growing arrowroot. Here are the most common ones.
Leaf fall can cause low air humidity. Spray your arrowroot more often, and then she will not scare you by dropping foliage.
- If the leaves lose their bright color and begin to dry out gradually, it means that you are not so well protected by arrowroot from direct sunlight. Move the plant to a favorable place for it.
- If the arrowroot slowly grows and dryings appear at the ends of the leaves, it may have been hit by a spider mite. For information on how to get rid of this pest, read the article "Primula in your home." Do not forget to spray the plant.
- The reason for the yellowing of the lower leaves and the unphysiological folding of the leaves is most likely the lack of moisture. In the period of growth and active growing season do not let the earth dry up between watering.
- If during the winter season you saw that the stems of the arrowroot became sluggish and suddenly began to rot, stop watering to the minimum and move the plant to a warmer place.
When all the necessary conditions are met, you will find a common language with the prayer plant!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot