The name “Grass” is a long-haired thread used for knitting. From weed can be knit with the help and needles, and a hook. In order to make the knitting process more successfully, and the result pleased, use knitting needles and thicker hooks.
Such threads are very popular among beginning needlewomen. This is explained not only by the beauty and originality of the products obtained, but also by the fact that the knitted loops are not very straight when knitting from such yarn will not be noticeable. Yarn Grass can be found in every store with goods for needlework.
Knitting from weed
Before creating things knitted from weed, it is necessary to choose the right model. Due to its specificity, this yarn is suitable for making far from all things. From weed it is good to knit clothes for children. In such clothes, children are very cute and look like bear cubs. Of course, she has her drawbacks. For example, in clothes that are knitted of grass, you cannot warm yourself in the cold. But from this yarn you can safely knit suits for their children for matinees and other holidays.
Women will look spectacular in shawls and scarves, as well as capes and boleros made of weed. It is worth noting that caps and boleros made of grass will not work as casual clothes. They need to be worn only in addition to evening and festive dresses.
In addition, you can use combinations of weed with other types of yarn and use it as a decoration, as well as knit toys, pillows and other interesting things.
The proposed bolero is designed for 40/42/44 sizes. In order to knit such a bolero, you will need to purchase soft weed (150 g), smooth yarn of the same color (100-150 g), knitting needles No. 5, 6, as well as buttons.
- The bolero must be knitted alternately with weed and smooth yarn, about 2 rows each.
- To knit the bottom edge, type 66/70/74 grass loops. Knit the facial surface. Alternate stripes with stripes of smooth yarn.
- When you get to the 5th row from the start of knitting, start making gains. You should add 1 loop on each side. Then add 1 loop on both sides according to the following scheme: 1 time in the next 2nd row, * 2 times in each row, 1 time in the 2nd row, then repeat from * another 16/17/18 times. In your work you should get 166/176/186 loops. Then we start to knit straight 18/19/20 cm.
- When the product reaches 46 / 48.5 / 51 cm from the start of knitting, close all the loops with weed.
- To assemble a bolero made of knitting grass, you need to tie its edges with a belt strap. To do this, dial the loop on the edge of the resulting canvas. Choose a direction from edge A to edge C. Along edge A, type 30/31/33 loops on the grass, loops on the slope (armhole) - 14/18/22 loops, along the edge B - 59/61/65 loops, on the second edge of the armhole - 14/18/22 hinges, on the edge of C - 30/31/33 hinges.
- You need to start knitting with a rubber band (1 front loop, 1 purl) using weed. Then you need to perform alternation, as when knitting a cloth. On the right edge of the belt you need to make holes for buttons. To make them, you need to make a cap and knit together 2 loops. The first hole should be located at a height of 2 cm, and the second at a height of 5 cm from the edge of the belt.
- The slat belt needs to be knitted until its width reaches 7 cm, after which it is necessary to close all the loops and sew on buttons.
Bolero knitting needles: the second version
Bolero is designed for sizes 44-46.
In order to knit it, take the weed thread - 200 g, straight and circular knitting needles No. 5.
- To start the manufacture of this bolero you need down from the neckline with a full raglan without a front on straight needles. Dial 56 loops according to the scheme: 1 raglan loop, 12 loops of the sleeve, 1 raglan loop, 28 loops of the back raglan loop, 12 loops of the sleeve, 1 ragl loop. In each of the front rows, add 1 loop to the right and left of each raglan loop with a nakida. To the extreme raglan loops add only from the inside of the raglan loops.
- Continue to knit this way until the length of the reglan lines becomes 26 cm. Once the length reaches this indicator, close all the loops. Reglan backline lines in the lowest points must be connected with reglan lines in front.
- Dial along the edge of the loop on the circular needles and knit the trim on the face of the stitch. In the third and fifth round rows, add 6-7 loops at the same distance from each other. The harness must be knit 15 cm, after which the loop is free to close.
Take knitting needles from grass
In order to knit beats from the grass with needles, you will need: 100 g of grass yarn and the same amount of wool, as well as needles No. 4,5 and 6.
Start knitting with the fact that dial the needles № 4,5 in 60 loops of wool yarn. Knit with a 1x1 elastic band about 4 cm. Then, joining the grass together with wool yarn in one thread, continue knitting, but on knitting needles No. 6. In order to expand the circle, after every 5 loops, add 1 loop with a twisted nakida.
Then knit 5 cm straight, and then begin reducing 1 loop in each front row every 5 loops. Remaining loops (there will be about 10) assemble them with the help of a needle on the double folded thread, then fix it. The beret must be stitched with a knit stitch.
Knitting from grass: photo
Clothing and accessories from grass yarn look very catchy and spectacular. Knitting from this yarn is not difficult, and the result may please you. The main thing, as in any process associated with knitting, be extremely careful. Do not doubt that you will succeed.