Future mothers always prepare in advance for the birth of the baby and buy a lot of practical and necessary things. Many people prefer all things to knit independently, putting love and soul into their wares. These knitwear are truly masterpieces of needlework. In this article, we offer beginner needlewomen to try to make a knitted blanket for a newborn baby.
Features knitted blankets for newborns
The most important feature of the handmade rug for newborns is the selection of the right materials for its production. A big mistake is that children only need to knit from natural yarn. So it was decided to do in the distant past. Today, modern production technologies are developing all the time. Many manufacturers produce yarn with hypoallergenic synthetic additives, such as:
For knitting a plaid, it is best to choose threads that are made up half of from synthetic additives and natural materials. Having made the right choice, you can be absolutely sure that harmful microorganisms will not start in your product, and the thing will not lose its appearance after repeated washing.
No less important criterion for choosing yarn is the color. Pastel colors without bright patterns are best for the baby. Plaids of gentle blue, pink, peach and beige color will look great.
It should also be borne in mind that for newborns it is best to knit products without small decorative elements. A child can unnoticeably from parental eyes tear off and swallow a small button or bow.
Knit a simple blanket for the baby with knitting needles
Materials for work:
- blue SAFINA Paris yarn - 450 g;
- knitting needles №4,5.
- Prepare all necessary materials. Imagine the length and width of the product at the exit. Our plaid will be 80x95 cm.
- The density of knitting is 16 loops on 26 rows.
- On the needles 4 mm dial 127 eyelets. Knit 5 cm large pearl pattern. Drawing plaid for newborns knit according to this scheme.
- We will continue the work, knitting the first and last 9 loops with a pearl pattern, and the remaining 109 loops need to be knitted according to the scheme of a fantasy pattern.
- The diagram shows that some loops need to be knitted together with a tilt to the right or left.
- When the total height of the plaid reaches approximately 85 cm, taking into account that all 14 rapports are completed, it is necessary to continue knitting with a pearl pattern.
- You should tie 5 cm in a similar way and close all the loops, continuing to knit them according to the pattern and stretching one over the other.
- Finished baby blanket should be rinsed in warm water and dried.
Plaid on an extract: master class
Materials for work:
- 2 skeins of 200 g each (Baby Set Marifetli Alize);
- circular knitting needles for knitting 3 mm;
- wide satin ribbon;
Description of work:
- Pompon yarn loops are much easier to type than regular ones. We cross the thread, which is in the intervals between the pompons, and dress with needles. In this case, the first pompom is dropped for the knitting needle In this way, we collect 60 loops.
- To prevent the looped loops from turning, we knit the first row behind the back wall using the grandmother’s loop method. For this we use a thread between pompons.
- Knit all the loops in the first row of facial. Left extreme loop, not removing, knit facial.
- The second row of knit purl loops. In this case, we knit the first eyelet of the row with the front one, as shown in the diagram.
- The front side will look like this.
- The wrong side should look like this.
- This knitting is very dense. If you want a more loose blanket, then you need to knit all the rows only with facial loops.
- Plaid knit according to the scheme to the required length and proceed to the closure of the loops.
- To close the loops, it is most convenient to use a hook. We insert it into the first working loop, grabbing the thread, stretching it, as when knitting the front loop.
- After that, the hook is pushed into the second loop, as for knitting purl loop. Pull this loop through the one that is on the hook. Repeat the action until all the loops on the spokes end.
- We stretch the last loop, capturing the pompom, and sew it with a thread in the color of the yarn.
- Sew on satin ribbon and lace, for this it is best to use a secret seam. At will the knitted blanket for a newborn can be decorated with air patterns using a hook.
- If the discharge from the maternity hospital takes place in the winter, we sew a flannel diaper on the wrong side.
Why is a blanket for a newborn a necessary thing?
Knitted blanket for a baby should not only be beautiful and neatly executed, but also realize many tasks assigned to him. So, several reasons why it is necessary to tie a blanket for a child:
- Knitted blanket is a great replacement for a purchased envelope for discharge. Having made a plaid envelope with your own hands, you will save good money and will be able to use it further until your baby grows.
- A bulky and heavy blanket can always be replaced with a light blanket, while your baby will not freeze.
- Knitted baby blanket will not only decorate the stroller or crib, but also help protect the child from the weather in the street.
- If your baby has grown up and started to crawl, the knitted blanket will be an excellent playmat.
In addition, it is often the case that the beloved blanket that accompanies a child from birth, remains one of the things dear and dear to the heart even in an adult child. By the way, a crocheted blanket for a newborn looks quite original and beautiful.
There are a lot of knitting patterns for newborns with needles. You can always find and choose the model that suits you best, or you can order a handmade rug from the master.