Spokes can create a variety of beautiful and embossed patterns that will look gorgeous on almost any finished product. But in order to give the work a complete look and fix the shape of the edges, you need to draw the edge of the canvas with a beautiful edging. It can be knitted both separately and smoothly intertwined with the products. Today we would like to tell you what types can be spoken by a border, and you can find diagrams and descriptions of the simplest of them in this article.
Things with a beautiful border always look neat and spectacular. Tablecloths, napkins, towels, handkerchiefs, bed linens with a light finish create a special warmth and comfort in the house. Despite all the varieties of the border, there are only 2 ways of its mating:
- horizontal - trim knit together with the main part of the product;
- vertical - the flanging straps are knitted separately and sewed in the process to the finished work.
Openwork edging, knitting with needles, is especially tender and airy. This type of decoration is suitable for any feminine products and can replace the lace.
There are many different patterns for decoration, which look particularly impressive in a multi-color knitting version.
Openwork knitting needles: scheme and description
Knitted leaves will look especially good as finishing for autumn sweaters, scarves, hats, gloves and children's plays. Even if at first glance such an option seems too complicated to you, one has only to start knitting, and you will understand the simplicity and magnificence of this pattern.
- fine cotton yarn;
- knitting needles number 2.
Schemes and description:
- Knitting start with a simple and clear scheme of the fringe of leaves.
- Rapport pattern here consists of 8 loops and 1 edge.
- The first row should be knitted according to the following principle: remove the edge loop, continue to knit the wrong, front one, make a nakid, again the front one - nakid - the front one and complete the seamy noose.
- Squares, marked in gray in the diagram, are skipped.
- We finish the first row, knitting 2 garter stitches and edging loop.
- The second row of knit by drawing.
- In the next row on the diagram appears loop-increase. It is necessary to knit it this way: in the right place, with the right needle, we seize a thread from the broach, twist it and transfer it to the left needle. Knit the resulting loop purl.
- Next, we knit the pattern indicated in the diagram, up to line 18.
- In the last row you will need to close the first 6 loops and continue to knit the ornament according to the scheme until the desired number of repetitions.
- When you get to the desired length of the rim, just close all the loops.
Jagged edge knitting
If you are just starting to knit, then try this simple border in the form of rows of teeth. This method of finishing the product allows the edge of the canvas to not fold. Particularly spectacularly the jagged edge looks on straight knitting with a front satin stitch or garter stitch.
- yarn for knitting;
- Knitting needles № 2-2,5.
Schemes and description:
- To start with knitting needles for knitting we type the number of loops we need in the usual way, but leave the long end of the thread. We will need it in the future.
- In the next row, we will need to knit two face loops each using a double thread. That is, the first part of the thread will go from the main coil, and the second is our blank when typing.
- After we finish knitting the second row, the number of loops on the needles will be half as much.
- Next, we turn our knitting on the front side and knit all the loops with a thread from the main thread.
- In the fourth row we will need to restore the number of loops dialed. To do this, we knit the entire line with an elastic band 1x1: purl loops over the purl, and in the gaps between the loops we knit the front one.
- We turn over our border on the front side and knit several rows with an elastic band.
- Further knitting can be continued with any pattern you like.
- By the same principle it is possible to associate an openwork border with teeth.
Hint: so that the jagged edge of the product is not tightened, you need to dial 15-20 loops more than the specified number.
Now you can easily change the standard elastic band to an openwork border for finishing any products and breathe new life into knitted clothes. Having mastered simple patterns, you can move on to more complex variants of knitting the edge edge. The main thing is not to be afraid to start experimenting - and you will definitely succeed!