Popular wisdom says that the kitchen is the face of the hostess of the house. Indeed, a woman spends a lot of time in the kitchen, especially at the stove. Cooking takes a lot of time and effort. Every now and then it is necessary to look out for the porridge not to be burnt, the milk not to boil away, and the meat or vegetables to be fried until golden brown. However, progress does not stand still, and today, instead of traditional gas and electric furnaces, induction have come.
Few know what induction cookers are. Let's see what is remarkable and special such hobs.
What are induction hobs?
Induction plates belong to the class of electric, except that the principle of heating is special for them. The operation of such panels is based on the action of the electromagnetic field, and the burner heats up under the influence of high-frequency current. These plates are considered ergonomic and efficient appliances. Just imagine, the burner can heat up with a power up to 3000 watts.
The surface of the stove itself practically does not heat up, since all the heating is directed only to the burners. Depending on the equipment, induction cookers can perform a special option of transferring heat from one burner to another or distribute it evenly.
Induction plates are extremely safe: they have no protruding burners, no open flame, the surface does not heat up. Therefore, it is very convenient to clean and care for the surface of the hob and burners. You can only wipe the stove with a damp cloth moistened with water and detergent.
When purchasing an induction cooker, please note that you will need to additionally buy special dishes made from ferroalloy materials.
What cookware is suitable for induction hobs?
As you already understood, the described plate is characterized by a special principle of work, therefore, the presence of special dishes for cooking on such rings is simply necessary. Let's try to figure out which cookware is suitable for induction cookers.
Cookware for such a hob must have certain parameters. Among the dishes you have, some pots, saucepans or pans may well be suitable for use on an induction cooker. How to check it? Take the usual magnet and lean it to the bottom. If the magnet is well attached and held, while not sliding and not falling off, then you can safely put such dishes on an ultra-modern hob. Otherwise this ware cannot be used.
Special dishes are characterized by two features:
In many retail outlets, you can purchase a special set of dishes, such as steel. When choosing dishes it is important to pay attention to its ability to withstand electromagnetic radiation emitted by vortex flows. The important role played by the indicator of heat transfer pots or pans. Do not forget that for cooking on an induction stove, you can use a steel, cast-iron or enameled pan, but the main thing is that its surface should be smooth and flat.
Benefits of acquiring and using induction cookers
Of course, the induction cooker looks very aesthetic. And if in everyday life such hobs have not yet received such widespread use, in the restaurant business they have been used for a long time instead of traditional gas or electric stoves.
If you decide to choose and purchase an induction cooker, then you just need to familiarize yourself with its main advantages. Other buyers, who have been using the stove for more than a year, tell about the useful properties and conveniences of such hobs. So, having studied the customer reviews, one can name a considerable number of advantages of using an induction hob, among which I would like to particularly highlight:
- Safety during operation. As already mentioned, the surface of the described hob does not heat up, in some models it can heat up slightly. Expert studies have shown that, as much as possible, the surfaces outside the burners heat up to no more than 60 ° C. Induction stove is safe for children, and in the process of cooking you can not get burned, for example, moving or lifting the pan.
- The work of the burners is automated. You can set a specific time of their work. If you left the burner turned on, it will turn itself off after 3 hours.
- Heating up the dishes does not require additional time. The dish begins to heat up immediately after installation on the burner.
- You can independently adjust the power of the cooker, which, of course, affects the duration of cooking and energy consumption.
- The efficiency of an induction cooking stove is 90%, while gas and electric cookers only work 50-70%.
- Automatic switch off the hob. When removing the pan, pan, saucepan or kettle from the hob, the stove is automatically turned off, thus saving electricity.
- As a result of the induction hob, the total temperature threshold in the room does not change, since the electromagnetic field is directed only at heating the dishes and the food contained in it.
- A temperature sensor is built into the plates, which allows you to set the temperature required for preparing a particular dish with maximum accuracy.
- Power and voltage in the electrical network does not affect the operation of the induction hob.
- Stains and dirt are more easily removed from the glass surface of the slab.
What are the disadvantages of an induction cooker?
Agree, many of us, before purchasing any advanced item, try to get detailed information about it: about operating conditions, useful and harmful properties, disadvantages.
Many consumers, intending to acquire an induction cooker, are wondering: can it harm human health due to electromagnetic radiation?
In fact, these fears are groundless. The fact is that the used electromagnetic radiation does not have the necessary power to adversely affect human health.
The only thing many specialists are talking about is that people who have a defibrillator or pacemaker should refrain from cooking on an induction stove. If it is inevitable, then it is desirable to be 50 cm from it. Negative consequences, of course, will not come, but a malfunction of the device may occur.
According to consumer feedback, the following disadvantages of operating induction cookers can be distinguished:
- high cost;
- frequent breakdowns, since all programs are set via electronic modules;
- inconvenience of installation, since it cannot be placed above the oven or other electrical appliances;
- special working conditions - for full-fledged work, the burner area must be filled to 70%.
How to care for an induction cooker correctly?
During the operation of the plate, so that it lasts a long time, the following nuances must be taken into account:
- its surface is made of glass, so it is best to use special dishes;
- it is not recommended to hang any kitchen utensils over the stove, as a point impact when falling may cause cracking;
- for cleaning it is better to use baking soda or universal means to remove grease, discard scrapers, hard sponges and various cleaning powders;
- do not put dishes with a wet surface on the hob. As far as possible, protect the surface of the slab from splashing cold water. Still, the stove heats up, albeit slightly, so cracks may form in case of contact with cold water.
As you can see, the induction panel has many advantages. She will perfectly fit into an interior situation of any kitchen and will serve for a long time as an indispensable assistant to every hostess.